Heat Interested in Jamison

SRV

Heat Showing Interest In Jamison

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/02/08/PH2007020800966.jpg

Feb 15, 2010 6:13 AM EST

The Cavaliers aren't the only team with interest in acquiring forward Antawn Jamison from the Wizards.

The Heat have expressed interest as of late, sources told the Washington Post.

Trading Jamison could help the Wizards get under the luxury tax threshold depending on what type of contracts they take back in a deal.

Highly unlikely lol.

Oh believe me I know lol. The only way I can see that happening is if we throw in Miller and possibly our first round pick, which I doubt we're going to shop with our high chance of landing John Wall.

As Wade said, "We can dream, can't we?" :P

• Owner

The Heat are said to be putting Richardson and Haslem on the table. They are willing to deal Jermaine, but they also realize he's their only true big man, and it would be much different if this were Amare Stoudemire they were hunting.

I wish I had a link, but I've been reading 10-11 different sites, back and forth, all day long (this is what I do that last 2-3 days before the deadline). :lol:

Yeah the Heat can't lose Haslem if they are getting Antawn, or they'll have to get another big man somehow. They should go for Amare because they need size.

The Heat can lose Haslem if they are keeping O'Neal. They HAVE to at least keep one or the other.

Anyway, I don't know how thrilled I would be for the Heat to get Antawn while having Beasley at the same time. It's difficult to imagine chemistry-wise, since both players get their offense almost the same way (from what I know). Plus, the Heat already have JO who demands his shots, and Beasley who's the 2nd option regardless, and not to mention Wade getting an automatic 20+ shots per game.

Q-Rich and Haslem for Jamison is still a good deal nonetheless. I suppose it could work in the rotation if Jamison becomes a scorer off the bench with Wright starting at 3. It would work a lot better than having Haslem off the bench since Jamison is more versatile, and it would allow Beasley to play his natural position full time.

Edited by Poe

I can live with Jamison though. We NEED to make a move regardless of who we bring in whether it be Amare or Jamison. If we want to be even a little competitive this year we need to do that. That might be what keeps Dwyane around.

I think Jamison would actually be the better fit if used as a sixth man. Again, he's more versatile than Haslem, so I think it could work very well. Plus, I think it evens out both the bench and the starting line up by having Wright start and Jamison off the bench.

Though Amare would be the better deal, I simply don't trust him against bigger bodies. I think his lacking at the defensive end versus his offensive abilities would hurt the Heat more than help, unless he plays his natural position, which would mean keeping O'Neal.. and the Heat already said they don't want to trade Beasley. So if the Heat somehow manage to snag Amar'e with BOTH O'Neal AND Beasley, that would force Bease to play the 3... so somebody is going to be outmatched regardless of what trade they make that doesn't include sending Beasley away.

And again, with Wade, Beasley, Amar'e, AND O'Neal in the starting line up, there won't likely be enough shots to go around, plus a liability at the wing defensively. If the Heat have Amar'e playing center, then we have a little mismatch problem regardless. If the Heat trade Beasley, that puts even more pressure on the Heat in 2010, with the nightmare possibility of having nothing left but Daequan Cook and James Jones.

As far as fitting with the Heat goes, Jamison > Amar'e, but only as long as the Heat keep O'Neal, Beasley, and Wright, and Jamison is used as a sixth man.

Edited by Poe