Allen and Perkins to Golden State?

Real Deal

• Owner

What???

New Variation of the Celtics - Warriors Trade Rumor

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/rayallen.JPG

While Marc J. Spears reported none of Boston's inquiries turned into substantive talks over the weekend, there is one deal that may have been tossed around.

The rumor out of Dallas was that Boston has discussed a deal with Golden State that would send Ray Allen, Kendrick Perkins, and J.R. Giddens to the Warriors for Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins.

The trade is cap friendly and it was just one of the rumors floating around this past weekend. It was reported that Boston has also reached out to Sacramento and Philadelphia as they continue to shop Allen for younger talent.

Parting with Perkins would be tough since he's capable of defending the big men in the East, something Biedrins could struggle with. But in order to pry young talent away from teams, it's going to take more than just Allen's expiring contract.

Keep an eye on Boston in these next few days. While Danny Ainge denies any talks getting serious, it's clear the team wants to move Allen and a deal could be brewing.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15308

I can imagine Shaq, or Howard, or Bynum, just pounding the ball inside, against Biedrins...while Carter or Kobe run over Ellis all game long.

Exactly. Not to mention the lack of range with a backcourt of Rondo and Ellis, with the only 3 shooter in the starting line up being Pierce.

No way the Cs trade Perkins, one of the best low post defenders in the game for one of the worst? Uh, no. And Perk in Nellieball would be unintentional comedy.

I definitely buy the Dubs trying to move Biedrins and Maggette as rumored. But Monta for Ray? Nope. They'll only move Monta if he's attached to Biedrins or Maggette in a larger deal. The Dubs aren't getting talked up as a player but they could be a deadline factor. The Maggette to Cleveland talk is part of 3-way scenarios, Corey in Cleveland, yeah right.

• Owner

I haven't read anything about Perkins from anywhere else, including ESPN. I wouldn't think they'd do something stupid like this. Garnett has been struggling all season long, especially defensively, and with the East's powerhouses being able to pound the ball inside, it would be a nightmare for Boston if they swapped those two centers out.

I did believe in the Monta/Allen rumors, though. I wasn't sure if the trade would go down, but even Woj talked about it once or twice. Then again, I heard that Golden State declined that offer, not Boston...which does make sense.

Over under 7 PPG for how much Ellis' PPG would go down on a 'normal' team? Any deal is a bad deal for the Celtics right now IMO, they should stand pat one more year and focus on getting healthy. If they fail this year then okay, make a move in the off-season. Ellis and K-Mart will ruin this team, they are young and used to being featured offensive players, and neither are a quarter of the player off the ball Allen is, and even though Allen has been struggling he is a better shooter than both of them.