Rockets leaning towards dealing with the Knicks

Knick fans would you do this trade as proposed this is the deal that is being talked about. This article was posted yesterday and the source expects the Rockets to either trade Mcgrady to Chicago or New York

The Houston Rockets have narrowed their long-running quest to trade Tracy McGrady to offers from the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls and plan to choose between the offers Wednesday, according to sources with knowledge of the Rockets' thinking.

One source close to the process told ESPN.com that the Rockets, after intense talks with both teams leading up to Thursday's trading deadline, are determined to finalize a deal for McGrady and are leaning toward taking the Knicks' offer. The source said Tuesday night: "I expect it to happen tomorrow."

The Knicks were considered a slight favorite as the evening wore on because, according to one source, New York has agreed to swap first-round picks with Houston in 2011 and include a 2012 first-round pick in the deal to convince the Rockets to take back Jared Jeffries' $6.9 million contract for next season along with rookie forward Jordan Hill and out-of-favor guard Larry Hughes.

The Knicks and Rockets, however, have not yet agreed on the level of lottery protection that will be applied to the 2011 and 2012 picks. ESPN.com's Chad Ford reported earlier Tuesday that the Knicks -- even though shedding Jeffries' contract would position them to bid on two max-contract free agents this summer -- are fearful that surrendering multiple picks would prove too costly in the event they strike out in free agency and are not prepared to go through with a trade for McGrady if they have to surrender that much.

ESPN's Chris Sheridan also reported Tuesday night that Knicks president Donnie Walsh and team chairman James Dolan are scheduled to meet Wednesday to discuss the parameters of a deal with Houston. Sources say that any prospect of a McGrady-to-New York deal before Thursday's deadline could fall apart if the teams can't agree on the protection levels of the draft picks.

This is the trade being close to finalized

Edited by magicbalala245

Guest Nomar Fachix

I sign on for whatever gets us close to two max contracts.

If this is honestly the best deal we can get to rid Jeffries or Curry, I'll live with it. It's also possible that T-Mac loves it here and will re-up for the MLA. To be seen, I guess. Fingers are crossed that Donnie knows what he's doing.

Guest Nomar Fachix

Yeah we are getting some ugly contracts out of this but Hill and the draft picks sound good.

Well Hughesie is off the books after this season, and Jeffries is a great hustle/defensive player off the bench... just not for $6.9M and not when we're trying to hit the FA market ;)

Oh Isiah, your idiocies are almost gone completely.

Well Hughesie is off the books after this season, and Jeffries is a great hustle/defensive player off the bench... just not for $6.9M and not when we're trying to hit the FA market ;)

Oh Isiah, your idiocies are almost gone completely.

Oh I did not know Hughes was in his last year, that makes this trade even sweeter.