Salmons to Bucks for Warrick and Alexander

Check my Stats

• Owner

It's official.

The Chicago Bulls and Milwaukee Bucks have agreed to a deal in principle that will send John Salmons to the Bucks for the expiring contracts of Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elson, sources said on Wednesday.

The deal allows the Bulls to clear Salmons $5.8 million salary off the books for next season. That puts them roughly $20 million under the cap next summer as the Bulls make a push to sign free agents like LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

The deal gives the Bucks a shooting guard to replace the injured Michael Redd.

The Bulls held Salmons out of Wednesday's game at New York in anticipation of a trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=4922618

Nice job by Bulls, they accomplished what they wanted and should walk out of FA next year with either Joe Johnson, Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh.

Would love to see them get Wade though, would be a pretty amazing core, but Bosh or Joe would be good pickups too. Nice work by Bulls management getting someone to take Salmons though.

Guest California Dreamin'

I don't think Hinrich is coming to LA.

I was told they only wanted to trade Salmons or Hinrich. I think they keep Hinrich and play him at SG for the rest of the year. They should trade Hinrich for expiring contracts to have the chance to offer two max deals.

PG. Rose

SG. Wade/Johnson

SF. Deng

PF. Bosh/Amare

C. Noah

The best team in the East with a good head coach.

In addition, Chicago traded the Bulls’ regular second round draft choices in 2011 and 2012. Also, Milwaukee has the option in NBA Draft 2010 of switching first round picks with Chicago, so long as Chicago’s first round pick is not a top 10 selection.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64844/20100218/bucks_acquire_salmons_get_to_swap_picks_with_bulls/#ixzz0fuuM1RFd

Not bad from the Bucks' end either.

Please please please give Alexander someplaying time!

Trust me... you don't want that. He wasn't even able to put up "good" number in the D-League, what makes you think he can in the NBA? He's a bust.

I like this trade on our end though. Alexander was nothing to us. So we essentially traded Warrick for Salmons and a possibility to move up in the draft. I believe we have Salmons for another year after this year. That allows us to sit Redd as we try to rebuild around Jennings and Bogut. I'd like to see us get some SF/PF talent now in the draft and free agency. :)