Wade heard a pop

SRV

Don't know where the story, but on PTI I heard them say that Wade heard a pop when he got injured. That usually isn't good, but on twitter Wade said he is day to day.

If he is injured, how much does that help us in FA? People won't be taking as big a risk on him, and he won't get as much money.

That is what I thought too, but he said he heard a pop. I have no idea what happened.

"I just pushed off when I came down with the rebound," he said. "I just heard it pop. I thought to myself 'Whoa.' I took two more steps and stopped."
Edited by SRV

From what I know, Wade could be out from anywhere between one or two games, to two weeks or more. He pretty much wants to test his leg out for the next couple days, see if it heals up at all, then if not, get an MRI and get his calf further evaluated.

Whatever happens, though, I'm just about positive that Wade will be out tomorrow against the Grizzlies, and most likely the next day against Dallas as well. These are two very tough opponents, with or without Wade.

Turning a negative into a positive, this is a great opportunities for the rest of the guys to step up, get more comfortable with the ball in their hands, especially late in games, and basically prove themselves. This is especially directed at Beasley, who will be the Heat's main guy for at least these two games.

I don't expect us to win either of the next 2. A split would be epic and its going to show us just how good Beasley is.

I think the Heat may have a possibility to snag one against the Grizzlies. With no Wade, there are no guarantees of anything, and it's probably safer to expect the worse than the best. At the same time, the Grizzlies are a young team, so they could let their guard down.

Against any team without Wade, the defense will still be there. It'll be up to Beasley to step up in Wade's place, O'Neal as that second guy, and at least one perimeter player to take the role as a playmaker.

No chance do the Heat beat Dallas, though. I believe the Mavericks are an elite team, plus it's the second game of a back to back, and on the road. The Heat already do bad enough on those type of games WITH Wade. If the Heat win... well, it'll be a major fluke.

Edited by Poe