Did Miami do the right thing in staying put?

Flash

It really depends on what Wade thinks, I am the biggest believer in doing whatever it takes to appease your star guy (we lost VC basically for this exact reason). If Wade is satisfied then it was the right choice I suppose, but if trading for Stat would have solidified Wade's commitment to the organization I would have done it.

Similar to the Knicks, not as much of course though, the Heat have a lot riding on the 2010 free agency, if they don't land someone it seems like Wade is a goner, trading for Stat would have at least ensured that he would have been there probably, but if they are confident they will sign him in FA, then retaining Beasley was absolutely the right move.

It really depends on what Wade thinks, I am the biggest believer in doing whatever it takes to appease your star guy (we lost VC basically for this exact reason). If Wade is satisfied then it was the right choice I suppose, but if trading for Stat would have solidified Wade's commitment to the organization I would have done it.

Similar to the Knicks, not as much of course though, the Heat have a lot riding on the 2010 free agency, if they don't land someone it seems like Wade is a goner, trading for Stat would have at least ensured that he would have been there probably, but if they are confident they will sign him in FA, then retaining Beasley was absolutely the right move.

Trading Beasley for Amare would've been a real risk though IMO.

We are basically guaranteed a big name FA though. Amare, Bosh, and Boozer all want to play here, all we have to do is pay them what they ask. Unless they all decided they no longer like Miami, we should be solid. I might sound over confident but reading up on these things as much as I do, I am almost 100% sure we are gonna sign someone that Wade wants.

We don't have idiots running the team, this is Pat Riley we are talking about.

Edited by SRV