Andray Blatche

Dash

Blatche has been putting up some monster numbers since the trades of Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison.

Here are his stats for the past four games.

VS Timberwolves - 33 points, 13 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block.

VS Nuggets - 18 points, 11 rebounds, 1 steal.

@ Raptors - 24 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal.

VS Bulls - 25 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals.

Talent + More Touches= Big Numbers

That's exactly what's happening with Blatche right now. We're playing in a much more free paced offense now, we're getting on the break more, and Blatche is really our best scoring option (it could be Mike Miller, but he loves to pass). Surprisingly, Dray hasn't been taking bad shots. He's becoming much more mature, and is showcasing his post moves when he gets positioning on his man. I believe the most underrated part of his game is his ability to facilitate an offense, he's not as good as Odom, but he's damn close if you ask me.

I had that gut feeling he would break out this year, I predicted it at the beginning of the year, but prior to this past 2 weeks, he hadn't shown us much. He's more confident now, he always had the opportunity to score even when Jamison was our main guy, but he just thought too much when he get the ball in his hands. Now he's making more wise decisions, and is understanding his role in the offense, and that's to score.

He's been upgraded from sixth man to team leader. He understands his role and has really stepped up and shown off his true potential. The man is crafty and coordinated down low, and is making some surprisingly intelligent plays on both ends. He's also showing off his rarely seen jumpshot. He has some serious range for a big man.