Eagles Release Brian Westbrook

Phightins

From Les Bowen at philly.com....

The Eagles have released running back Brian Westbrook.

The move does not come as a surprise. Westbrook was owed $7.25 million next season.

He missed eight games last season, suffered two concussions and posted his lowest totals since his rookie year.

Westbrook suffered a concussion Oct. 26 against Washington when his head collided with London Fletcher's knee. He lost consciousness on the field before eventually getting up and walking off. He sat out three games and returned against San Diego, but suffered a second concussion. He was sidelined until the final two games of the regular season and then touched the ball just once - a 27-yard screen pass - in the playoff loss to Dallas.

Westbrook was drafted out of Villanova and played eight seasons with the Eagles. He gained 5,995 yards on 1,308 carries (4.6 average). He scored 37 touchdowns rushing. He caught 426 passes for 3,790 yards and 29 touchdowns receiving.

More to come ...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Eagles_release_Westbrook_2.html

I hope he can return, but at a cheaper price.

I still believe Westy can play, if we limit his role in the offense.

If he doesn't return, I wish him the best of luck. I appreciate all the years he gave us in Philly, one of the most dangerous players in the league when he was healthy.

Edited by Artesticle