ESPN's Tony Kornheiser suspended for two weeks

The Regime

ESPN has suspended "Pardon The Interruption" co-host Tony Kornheiser for two weeks following comments he made on his Washington-based radio show last week.

On his radio show, Kornheiser made critical comments about the wardrobe of morning "SportsCenter" co-anchor Hannah Storm.

ESPN executive vice president of content John Skipper released the following statement:

"Tony Kornheiser's comments about Hannah Storm were entirely inappropriate. Hurtful and personal comments such as these are not acceptable and have significant consequences. Tony has been suspended from PTI for two weeks. Hannah is a respected colleague who has been an integral part of the success of our morning SportsCenter."

Kornheiser apologized for the remarks on his radio show Friday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4939740

According to The Sporting News, Kornheiser called a Storm outfit "horrifying" and described its fit on her as "like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body."

"Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today," Kornheiser said. "She’s got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt … way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now.

"She’s got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body … I know she’s very good, and I’m not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won’t … but Hannah Storm … come on now! Stop! What are you doing?"

Link

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Hannah-Storm-SportsCenter-outfit.jpg

Dude was right :rofl: