WOWWWWW NBA Bans Butler From Chewing Straws

MainEv3nt

DALLAS -- One of the first things many people noticed about Caron Butler after his arrival to the Dallas Mavericks is that the guard likes to chew straws during games.

The NBA obviously took notice as well.

NBA executive vice president Stu Jackson phoned Butler on Tuesday and told him to leave his straws at home. Butler did not play against the Los Angeles Lakers due to a reaction to medication, so he was unavailable for comment.

Read More

this some hoe [expletive] [expletive].

He's been doing it for 12 years he said. This is the most ridiculous rule I have ever seen implemented. Not only that, but they JUST decided to do this. He did it every game when he was in DC, he did it in LA and in Miami, but as soon as he plays for a contender, the league finally notices it.

Just goes to show how much the NBA favors the contenders, and how much they frown upon the middle of the pack teams.

I don't know but its fishy all of a sudden the guy is traded to Dallas and it's a major concern now. That really bothers me. Everybody has their own quirks/vices. So what if Caron Butler likes to chew on straws during games?

• Like 1

Wow [expletive] the NBA thats pathetic whats next are they going to ban chewing gum? How retarded, the NBA will never be as good as the NFL or MLB especially if they are worried about en stating silly rules such as these.

Edited by Fish7718
  • Like 1

Guest Need4Sheed

He's been doing it for 12 years he said. This is the most ridiculous rule I have ever seen implemented. Not only that, but they JUST decided to do this. He did it every game when he was in DC, he did it in LA and in Miami, but as soon as he plays for a contender, the league finally notices it.

Just goes to show how much the NBA favors the contenders, and how much they frown upon the middle of the pack teams.

I don't know but its fishy all of a sudden the guy is traded to Dallas and it's a major concern now. That really bothers me. Everybody has their own quirks/vices. So what if Caron Butler likes to chew on straws during games?

lol @ thinking it is because of the team that he plays on. you guys are probably going to make more of a big deal about than he is.

Edited by Need4Sheed

What contenders? He plays for Dallas.

But yeah, stupid rule.

Does he chew them while he's playing or just during timeouts? If he does do it while he's playing it's probably so he doesn't choke on it or something. That's the only possible reason I can think of.

Well, he hasn't had any problems the past 12 years.

Does he chew them while he's playing or just during timeouts? If he does do it while he's playing it's probably so he doesn't choke on it or something. That's the only possible reason I can think of.

He chews straws during timeouts, but chews gum while playing. Watch them ban gum soon.