Only 1 contender in the East?

kingfish

Seriously I think so. The Cavs are the only team that are contenders in the East imo. The Celtics look like they are done. They have been a mess since the year 2010 started and just lost to the Nets at home, healthy or not I mean losing to the Nets at home??? The Magic still have a chance but VC has been a total waste for them and no Hedo means they will be in trouble come playoff time. Dwight still has 4th quarter and free throw issues, and they chuck up more threes then usual. The Hawks come and go, still not big enough to contend and dont really excel in anything, and for some reason they always play like they are inexperienced.

• Owner

Orlando is still a contender, about as much as Denver and Dallas...and I'd go ahead and give the Celtics the green light, because if Cleveland and Orlando somehow meet in the second round, and Cleveland loses, that might propel Boston into the Finals, and with Rondo playing the way he is, and Pierce back in the five, they would be a tough match-up for any West team.

The two biggest threats in the NBA are the Lakers and Cavs, though. There's a gap between those two and the rest, but Denver and Dallas both have the potential to pull off an upset, and I think Orlando can probably knock off Cleveland.

We thought this last season, actually, and we were waiting for that Kobe/LeBron Finals...but Orlando did them in.

Boston is done, KG's knee is bothing him and the lack explosive bench play. The Hawks are probably the third best team in the East, but they dont know how to maintain leads and that will hurt them in the postseason. However, I wouldnt rule out the Orlando Magic. They are the defending EC champs, and they match up pretty well against the Cavs. Cavs will probably win against Orlando, but it wont be a walk in the park.

The Magic and Celtics are definitely contenders and both teams have a shot at beating the Lakers if they made the finals. Don't let these inconsistent stretches fool you, the Magic and Celtics still both have as much talent as is needed to win an NBA championship, they just need to put it together in time for the playoffs.

But after acquiring Jamison, the Cavaliers should be the 1A favourites in the East, if they weren't already.

I wouldn't count the Celtics and Magic out just yet, sure, there's a gap between the Magic/Celtics and the Cavs but I do believe when the playoffs come they will be on equal grounds.

I'll say its one for now but come playoff time there might be two with Orlando right behind them. I mean you cant argue that fact that they almost swept the Cavs last year so there has to be something there. We will see how much difference the loss of Turkoglu makes.

I think Orlando is going to come out of the East. They're starting to play really well and we don't know how healthy Shaq is gonna be if they do meet Cleveland in the playoffs.

Atlanta is another team I'd be scared of if I were the Cavs.

I think Orlando is going to come out of the East. They're starting to play really well and we don't know how healthy Shaq is gonna be if they do meet Cleveland in the playoffs.

Atlanta is another team I'd be scared of if I were the Cavs.

:D

Yeah, we've been playing some good basketball over the past month. I like how we look right now, it feels like Carter is finally "contributing" and Howard is being Howard. It should definitely be an interesting come playoff time.

Seriously, Orlando would scare the heck out of me if I were Cleveland. Not only did they absolutely shred us but they may be a better team heading into the playoffs this year.

Thankfully the Heat usually play good against Orlando so if we make the playoffs I'd rather play them than any other team in that top 4.