Steven Jackson Feels Disrepected By Celtics

The Bobcats suffered a frustrating loss to the Celtics, which turned personal for Stephen Jackson.

“I can take getting beat, if it’s about basketball,” said Jackson. “But when it gets to a point where you’re being personal and being disrespectful as a man to another man, that’s when I have a problem.”

Jackson got into a dust-up with Paul Pierce in the third quarter that led to double-technicals. Jackson was fouled by Ray Allen, words were exchanged and ultimately Gerald Wallace had to hold Jackson back from going after Pierce.

Pierce explained to reporters afterwards, "I don’t know how it started. I just thought that Ray was playing good on him. I didn’t think it was a foul on him and I was just saying, 'Good D, Ray.' You know how Stephen is, he is a fiery guy. That is just how he is. He is a competitor. I love to watch him play. It was just both of our competitiveness coming out. It was nothing more than that."

Jackson said, “It turned disrespectful when certain things were said. You can be emotional, talk to your teammates and do all that, but when it’s getting personal, and you’re directing certain things at people as far as their manhood, that’s when a problem comes up. And I guarantee you, if I wasn’t in this gym, that wouldn’t have said that to me.”

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65126/20100304/jackson_feels_disrepected_by_celtics/