Darren Collison or Jrue Holiday

Guest Need4Sheed

Darren Collison or Jrue Holiday  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It isn't really a fair comparision if you ask me.

Collison played all 4 years at UCLA (I think at least) while Holiday only played the 1 year at UCLA. Collison is 22 years old while Holiday is 19 years old and currently the youngest player in the NBA. Collison was expected to be able to step right into the NBA and be able to contribute right away while Holiday was considered to be more of a prospect and not nearly as NBA-ready. Collison has also benefited from playing behind Chris Paul (not to mention having Paul miss a significant portion of time this season) and playing in a very point guard oriented offense while Holiday is/was playing behind Louis Williams and playing in an offense that isn't nearly as point guard oriented with Iguodala on the team.

Collison plays nearly 25 minutes a game, takes 9 shots a game and has a USG% of 23.7.

Holliday plays only 20 minutes a game, takes 6 shots a game and has a USG% of 18.1.

To be fair, Holliday is actually putting up some pretty solid numbers in the 12 games that he has played above 28 minutes. He is averaging 12.3 ppg / 5 apg / 3.1 rpg on 43.4 FG%.

With all of this said though, as of right now this comparision isn't even close. Collison is undoubtedly the superior player as of right now. I liked Collison coming out of UCLA and thought that he would make for a very good backup, but I definitely didn't expect him to play the way that he has this season. He is showing that he can be a real solid starter in the NBA.