Better Mavericks Team?

Legacy

I'm really liking this year's squad over the one in 05-06, but we'll have to wait and see how the West plays out. I don't think they'll beat us in a 7-game series, so I don't see them getting to the Finals...but overall, this team has more talent and depth than years past.

• Owner

The current one is far better on paper, but that's not how you judge a team's play, either.

You also can't say that this current team would be worse if they don't make it to the Finals, because the Lakers are better than any of those West teams in 2006, and if they find Dallas in the WCF and take them out, it doesn't mean much in this argument.

So, basically, we're just looking at what they are on paper...and the answer is the current team.

You can draw a better conclusion if the 2010 Mavs make the Finals, though.

Guest Need4Sheed

Kidd-Caron-Marion-Dirk-Haywood with Dampier Jet off the bench lol, this team is unfair

Unfair really?

It's good but not good enough to win the final. Promise.

This team is as talented as any team in the NBA, and Dirk is one of the toughest matchups in the NBA. Now he has an actual banger alongside him who can play 30+ minutes in Haywood, this team is a threat to win it all, easily. This team is definitely better, even if they don't make the finals they are still better, no question about it.