Derek Anderson says "ruthless" Browns fans "don't deserve a winner"

BasX

Former Browns quarterback Derek Anderson, cut on Tuesday by the team, ripped Cleveland fans via an e-mail sent to Jeff Schudel of the News-Herald.

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner," Anderson said. "I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured. I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and [we] roll them."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/09/derek-anderson-says-ruthless-browns-fans-dont-deserve-a-winner/

All I gotta say is... At least it's not Detroit.

Edited by BasX

There's a very good chance Derek Anderson lands in Arizona, and he's a guy, despite his struggles, I'd welcome with open arms to either start or back-up Leinart this year. If Whis wants to stay with an air it out attack, Anderson fits us perfectly. If not, he's a cheap back-up who could be a fan favorite. It's a win-win situaion.

I can't say I blame him.

No matter how bad the player is, its never right to cheer when someone is in pain. I do hope he gets a starting job elsewhere and pummels Cleveland next season.

I hate how this guy who's played terrible the past two years thinks he can point out a sample of fans at the game and magnify it to make Browns fans as a whole look bad. Bottom line, he and Quinn are gone and now it actually looks like we have a decent QB selection with Wallace, Delhome, and who we can get with our ten picks.

I hate how this guy who's played terrible the past two years thinks he can point out a sample of fans at the game and magnify it to make Browns fans as a whole look bad. Bottom line, he and Quinn are gone and now it actually looks like we have a decent QB selection with Wallace, Delhome, and who we can get with our ten picks.

Now you know how Philly fans feel :lol: