How good would this year's team be WITH Yao?

Dash

C: Yao Ming

PF: Luis Scola

SF: Trevor Ariza

SG: Kevin Martin

PG: Aaron Brooks

Bench: Chase Budinger, Shane Battier, Jordan Hill, Kyle Lowry and others.

How good would this team be this year? Would we be contenders? Second round and out? Or not even good enough to get out of the first round?

IMO we could be 3rd or 4th in the West and give one of the Lakers or Mavericks a tough series like we did last year. We definitely improved this year but so has the rest of the west and I'm not sure if we have enough to get us over the hump.

GTFO! Yao would only make a 4-5 game difference? Dude he is the best center in the league when healthy.

Oh god, not this again.

God forbid someone doesn't consider Yao to be God..

Oh god, not this again.

God forbid someone doesn't consider Yao to be God..

lol I never said he was god reread my post.

All I am saying is that he is the best center in the league, having him in your line up makes a bigger difference than 4-5 games. It is like saying taking Wade out of the Heats line up makes them only 4-5 games worse.

lol I never said he was god reread my post.

All I am saying is that he is the best center in the league, having him in your line up makes a bigger difference than 4-5 games. It is like saying taking Wade out of the Heats line up makes them only 4-5 games worse.

Except Wade's one of the top 3 players in the league and Miami's roster aside from Wade is nowhere near a good as Houston's without Yao. Wade makes a much bigger difference than Yao does.

Except Wade's one of the top 3 players in the league and Miami's roster aside from Wade is nowhere near a good as Houston's without Yao. Wade makes a much bigger difference than Yao does.

Yeah the Rockets have a better roster than the Heat, but if you were to add the best center in the league to that roster it is a completely different team then. A MUCH better team, not just 4-5 games better.

Edited by ChosenOne

Well from a neutral fan who roots for neither team, I'll take Dwight but that's JMO. And I still stick by my original statement of them only being a few games better than they are now.

Well from a neutral fan who roots for neither team, I'll take Dwight but that's JMO. And I still stick by my original statement of them only being a few games better than they are now.

Dwight is younger and less injury prone, but Yao is way better on offense and dominates Dwight with ease.

Theoretically they would be much better with a legitimate first option offensively, Yao is probably the best post scorer in the NBA right now. You have to think they would win 50+ games with Yao in the line up, they win when he plays, dude just simply doesn't play lol.

That is a talented-[expletive] team though, Yao with good spot up shooters in Martin, Brooks (I think he can shoot?) and Ariza around a man who definitely commands a double when he gets it down low.

Will be intersting to see how Yao looks when he comes back, I mean dude is already pushing 30 years old.

Mavs - depth and a great starting 5 in Kidd, Butler, Marion, Dirk, Dampier

Lakers - Kobe and the Twin Towers + Odom

Nuggets - Billups and Melo

Depth? Rockets have as much depth as Mavs.

Lakers - I understand

Nuggets - Maybe but we are still as good as them.