Sources: Phillies Contemplated Howard For Pujols Offer

fish7718

ESPN - According to sources, an idea has been kicked around the Phillies' organization internally, with discussions about proposing a swap of Ryan Howard for Albert Pujols.

Phillies general manager Ruben Amaro flatly denied that the internal discussions have taken place. "Lies," he said. "That's a lie. I don't know who you're talking to, but that's a lie."

Howard was born in St. Louis and the Cardinals could conceivably sign him to a more affordable extension than Pujols will command.

RealGM

I know this is somewhat old news at this point, still think it's worth a topic. Could you imagine Pujols in citizens bank?

I'd be concerned about Albert Pujlos's age, and his highly likely use of steroids.

LMAO, your like the Skip Bayless of OTR.

Honestly I wouldn't be happy but I wouldn't hate it. Philly would have to give more than Howard to get Pujols and then Pujols might only be a rental so, eh I'd have mixed emotions on it.

LMAO, your like the Skip Bayless of OTR.

Honestly I wouldn't be happy but I wouldn't hate it. Philly would have to give more than Howard to get Pujols and then Pujols might only be a rental so, eh I'd have mixed emotions on it.

He's an obvious juicer.

I said the same thing about A-Rod a while ago, and people laughed, and as usual, I was correct.

Albert Pujiols is a juicer.

He's an obvious juicer.

I said the same thing about A-Rod a while ago, and people laughed, and as usual, I was correct.

Lol who cares, Ryan Howard probably juiced too, it's irrelevant to the situation.

Also...whoever said that Pujols would benefit by playing in Citizens Bank Park, I disagree. He'd probably hit 3-4 more homeruns per season, maybe a handful more RBIs due to hitting in a slightly better lineup, but he would lose so many singles and doubles due to the tiny outfield and relatively small gaps.

But it's a moot point since this is the most ridiculous trade "rumor" I have heard in a longggg time.

He's an obvious juicer.

HAHAHA. you were just a bitter red sox fan so you said that the star player on the yankees was on steroids. you arent "right as usual".

and the skip bayless thing is more and more true the more i think about it

HAHAHA. you were just a bitter red sox fan so you said that the star player on the yankees was on steroids. you arent "right as usual".

and the skip bayless thing is more and more true the more i think about it

It had nothing to do with him being on the New York Yankees considering I've said the same thing about David Ortiz for years.

I was very disappointed when it was revealed that Manny Ramirez was on the juice, but I don't deny it, and I have very little doubt that Albert Pujols is on the juice.

It had nothing to do with him being on the New York Yankees considering I've said the same thing about David Ortiz for years.

I was very disappointed when it was revealed that Manny Ramirez was on the juice, but I don't deny it, and I have very little doubt that Albert Pujols is on the juice.

I get it so because Manny was on juice now everyone who is just as good or better than Manny has to be on juice.

Edited by Fish7718

The funny thing is Pujols is, IMO, substantially better than Howard. If I were the Cardinals, I wouldn't accept anything less than Howard, Drabek, and Utley for one of the best hitters of all time.

The entire thing is BS, obviously the trade makes absolutely no sense for the Cardinals. It makes just as little sense for the Phillies.

And FYI Kyle Drabek is a Blue Jay.

• Like 1