Mock Sign-ups

Real Deal

I just saw this... I'll pick the Nets.

Wtf, why would Smitty start up a sim league the same time at this, two leagues going at once never works, whats the point of that. Just keep this league.

Keep your skirt on.

• Like 3

• Owner

The mock was actually planned about two months ago, and I believe we discussed it somewhere on the site as well. I was under the impression that the new system would have to be learned, which is why I started mock sign-ups.

In fact, I created the list of salaries February 13th.

We'll do the mock sometime later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Hawks - Prodigy

Celtics - .infinite

Bobcats - TheHutch

Bulls

Cavaliers - ChosenOne

Mavericks - LocalGunfighter

Nuggets - Confidence

Pistons

Warriors - deestillballin

Rockets - Dash

Pacers

Clippers - MoeRoadKill

Lakers - trutrojan8

Grizzlies - Force

Heat

Bucks - Jenneral

Wolves

Nets - NeTs15VC

Hornets

Knicks - Fish7718

Thunder - Lkr

Magic - Riot

Sixers - .50.

Suns - Sun Tzu

Blazers - Dr. Feelgood

Kings

Spurs

Raptors - travesy3

Jazz

Wizards

Not a chance we can do this unless we get at least 25 people. Come on guys.

I'm not going to join, but I just want to make one suggestion. Along with drafting players, people should be allowed to make coaching changes. Like adjust the pace of their offense, defensive pressure, etc. Also player roles and rotation. It would probably be a good idea to turn off injuries to avoid computer mid-season adjustments.

Edited by Poe

• Owner

I'm not going to join, but I just want to make one suggestion. Along with drafting players, people should be allowed to make coaching changes. Like adjust the pace of their offense, defensive pressure, etc. Also player roles and rotation. It would probably be a good idea to turn off injuries to avoid computer mid-season adjustments.

It's not that in-depth. Sim leagues are best for that. The mock focuses on your off-season moves, then takes that team into a full season, no trades for 82 games, then to the playoffs to see who literally made the best off-season moves.

Seems way too basic, but a ton of people favor it over the leagues. Sim leagues are fun, don't get me wrong...but sometimes, they are a lot of work, and that's why a ton of them fail, with a lot of members dropping out mid-season.

It's not that in-depth. Sim leagues are best for that. The mock focuses on your off-season moves, then takes that team into a full season, no trades for 82 games, then to the playoffs to see who literally made the best off-season moves.

Seems way too basic, but a ton of people favor it over the leagues. Sim leagues are fun, don't get me wrong...but sometimes, they are a lot of work, and that's why a ton of them fail, with a lot of members dropping out mid-season.

Yea, but making coaching changes remain for the full year, every game until you change it again. Coaching plays a part in the simulation. Just having the players isn't necessarily enough in this game. You have to adjust the gameplan to compliment the players.

Let's say you draft a big man like Howard or Lopez, yet the coaching is set to not look for post players much. It'll definitely affect the record when your best player isn't getting the ball because of unadjusted pre-set coaching.

Just saying. It's not even that complicated. Just ask, from 1 through 100, what level you want each category in the coaching profile. O Tempo, D Pressure, Help D, Fast Break, Boards, etc.

Edited by Poe

• Owner

Yea, but making coaching changes remain for the full year, every game until you change it again. Coaching plays a part in the simulation. Just having the players isn't necessarily enough in this game. You have to adjust the gameplan to compliment the players.

Let's say you draft a big man like Howard or Lopez, yet the coaching is set to not look for post players much. It'll definitely affect the record when your best player isn't getting the ball because of unadjusted pre-set coaching.

Just saying. It's not even that complicated. Just ask, from 1 through 100, what level you want each category in the coaching profile. O Tempo, D Pressure, Help D, Fast Break, Boards, etc.

Ah, I thought you meant coaching changes...as in, Phil Jackson to Brian Shaw.

The mock has only simulated with a video game once, with NBA Live (and that was a LONG time ago), so yeah, there will probably be something like that involved.

• Owner

Hawks - Prodigy

Celtics - .infinite

Bobcats - TheHutch

Bulls

Cavaliers - ChosenOne

Nuggets - Confidence

Pistons

Rockets - Dash

Pacers

Clippers - MoeRoadKill

Lakers - trutrojan8

Grizzlies - Force

Heat

Bucks - Jenneral

Wolves

Nets - NeTs15VC

Hornets

Knicks - Fish7718

Thunder - Lkr

Magic - Riot

Sixers - .50.

Suns - Sun Tzu

Blazers - Dr. Feelgood

Kings

Spurs

Raptors - travesy3

Jazz

Wizards

Not a chance we can do this unless we get at least 25 people. Come on guys.

• Owner

Just put in 2k to check this, haha. You can control all 30.

Cool, thanks. I would've checked myself, but Terry has my PS3, and he's about an hour away from me. Gotta get it back this weekend, haha.

Cool, thanks. I would've checked myself, but Terry has my PS3, and he's about an hour away from me. Gotta get it back this weekend, haha.

Haha no problem. But one thing I would make sure you do when you do the draft, make sure you have the draft 'serpentine' (so if you get first pick in the first round, you will get last pick in the second round). In past years you could never do this on 2k, so that would even the teams out a lot.

• Owner

Haha no problem. But one thing I would make sure you do when you do the draft, make sure you have the draft 'serpentine' (so if you get first pick in the first round, you will get last pick in the second round). In past years you could never do this on 2k, so that would even the teams out a lot.

Yeah, I figured that would make things much easier on the bottom 10 in the first round, giving them a possible all-star and a borderline all-star, while the superstars go to the other teams.

Hawks - Prodigy

Celtics - .infinite

Bobcats - TheHutch

Bulls

Cavaliers - ChosenOne

Nuggets - Confidence

Pistons

Rockets - Dash

Pacers - GamerGuy

Clippers - MoeRoadKill