Get that 8th seed!

Though the playoffs are a different story than the regular season, I think the Bobcats can actually defeat the Cavs in the first round. Well... if David Stern lets it happen.

If Stern allows it? LOLOLOL. As a long time FL resident I can say that I really look out for our NBA franchises, but that city of CHARLOTTE...I see them doing big things soon. The NBA's southeast division can really dominate. We'll have to see what lies ahead this summer in terms of free agency. As far as them gettin' the 8 spot and matching up with Cleveland...that can be a tricky series especially with Gerald Wallace covering LBJ. However, there is way too much playoff experience in Cleveland, the Lebron factor(he doesn't have to score over 20), and a coach that always looks like its now or never.

The 1st round is what nowadays.....a 5 game series? I really want Charlotte in there at 8 but it'll be Cleveland in 4 games. No sweep, though.

Know this: LeBron is 4-0 in the 1st round and never went to a game seven in the first round. Charlotte has never made the playoffs. The playoffs are different from the regular season.

Trading Flip Murray hurt this team He hit the shot that won them the game in Cleveland.

We played only one game against them with Jamison. It was his first game and he went 0-11? Since that he's back to his all star status.

When you are thinking this will be an upset, think about who runs the Cavs. You think LeBron wants to get run out of the first round and go into free agency like that?

The goal is to win a title. If you don't think a team with Shaq and LeBron can't beat a team who has no aspiration other than to just make the playoffs, then you guys got another thing coming.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Bad matchups in the regular season. The Cavs have solved the matchup problem by adding guys like Moon and Jamsion who's size can matchup with Wallace and Thomas.

And when you look at Leon Powe, who didn't play in any games against the Bobcats, add him with Shaq, there is no physicality that can match up with those two from Charlotte.

I actually want us to face them now to prove a point.

What have the Bobcats done to earn this then?

And if I recall, the Lakers hang all of their division titles too. Drop that.

The Bobcats have played very well against the Cavs this season. Do you not think there is a chance that they could upset Cleveland? Ask Mavs fans if they thought Golden State could do it. I wouldnt predict it either but its definitely possible but you completely dismiss the idea.

And dont even joke about us hanging division titles, that is silly and we definitely dont do it. I take it youve never been to Staples Center. :lol:

For the best team in the league with such caliber players, it amuses me how much disrespect the Cavs get. Besides the Raptors, I'm sure most of you think every other team in the East could beat us 1st round or 2nd.

Well, anything can happen, but the teams that I personally think are most likely to defeat the Cavs in the East are the Bobcats and the Celtics.

What have the Bobcats done to earn this then?

And if I recall, the Lakers hang all of their division titles too. Drop that.

They've beaten the Cavaliers multiple times this year, and in general, they have enough defense to give trouble to any team in the league.

The Bobcats have played very well against the Cavs this season. Do you not think there is a chance that they could upset Cleveland? Ask Mavs fans if they thought Golden State could do it. I wouldnt predict it either but its definitely possible but you completely dismiss the idea.

And dont even joke about us hanging division titles, that is silly and we definitely dont do it. I take it youve never been to Staples Center. :lol:

So you can use the regular season like you did last year when every day you said the Cavs were 3-6 against elite teams and you can even bring up the Bobcats success in the regular season about the Cavs. Yet I can't say the Cavs are 6-2 against LA, Boston, and Orlando and use their success? I can only believe that we will never have a chance because we haven't won a title?

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

The difference between a team like the Cavs and a team like the Bobcats is that you expect the Cavs to be at least fairly even when matched up against elite teams. When comparing the Bobcats team to their own record, it's actually surprising to the casual fan that they can even get a couple wins against great teams, yet they take care of the elite teams so often and efficiently.

The fact that the Bobcats have beaten the Cavs 3 times this year doesn't guarantee anything, but it at least proves that they are a threat. Those three wins aren't a fluke, either. They've also beaten the Hawks, Nuggets, Spurs, Suns, Lakers, Magic, Thunder... some of these teams twice. And remember, we're talking a potential 8th-seeded team. Not a favorable match up for a number 1 seeded team.

Edited by Poe

So you can use the regular season like you did last year when every day you said the Cavs were 3-6 against elite teams and you can even bring up the Bobcats success in the regular season about the Cavs. Yet I can't say the Cavs are 6-2 against LA, Boston, and Orlando and use their success? I can only believe that we will never have a chance because we haven't won a title?

Wut?

Im just sayin the Bobcats have a decent chance against the Cavs bro. Just like the Cavs have a decent chance against the Lakers, Magic, Celtics, etc. :wacko:

• Owner

Charlotte has the best chance of any East team not named the Magic, Celtics or Hawks, to beat the Cavaliers in the playoffs. They are a defensive-minded team, THE top defensive teams in the league.

They are also 9-3 in their last 12 games, with wins over the Lakers, Magic, Thunder and Heat in those 12.

In the three wins against Cleveland, the Cats shot 55%, 49%, and 47% from the floor, because they have too many various weapons, inside and out, that they can rely on. They also know how to play the foul game, where Cleveland hasn't shot 70% or better from the line in ANY of those three games.

Even worse for Cleveland, the Bobcats can limit LeBron to under 30 points (like they did in all three of those wins) and limit him to under 10 assists (four and six in two of those games).

I don't think many people understand how good of a defensive team they are. They have Jackson and Wallace, who are two excellent defensive players, along with newly-acquired Tyrus Thomas, a tough match-up in Boris Diaw, and one of the better defensive coaches in Larry Brown.

I would still put my money on Cleveland to advance, but I wouldn't bet too much.