MLB exploring having two teams hold spring training in Italy

Sportsguy9695

Major League Baseball is exploring the possibility of sending two teams to Italy for spring training next year or in 2012.International Baseball Federation president Riccardo Fraccari told The Associated Press on Wednesday that MLB officials recently scouted possible sites in Sicily -- Palermo and Messina -- Nettuno (near Rome) and Parma."In Sicily, the weather would be better," Fraccari said. "It's still winter in Parma in March."

Source: SI.com

I don't think they are considering having anybody hold spring training in Italy, but they would just send a couple teams over there for a game or 2. The article is kind of unclear about that, though, but it would be 100% impossible for an organization to hold an entire spring training over there, and it would be unfair as well. These teams all have their headquarters in their Florida/Arizona cities, which are essentially the team's second homes. They have all of their facilities and minor league complexes down there, so I don't think it's feasible to just move all Spring Training operations to another country.

I am sure they are considering sending a couple teams over there for a spring exhibition game or two though, and that would be really cool. But whoever wrote that article needs to be way more clear.

EDIT: Missed the line in the article saying it would probably be for a week. I guess that could work.

Edited by Phightins