Most disappointing team this season?

kingfish

Who is it? :(

I gotta say Washington. With Foye and Miller brought in they had a pretty good looking team to start the season, but then they just fell apart. Gilbert had a lot to do with it but they never really played well.

Honorable mentions : Bulls because they have a lot of talent but nothing to show for it. Spurs have dissapointed but at least can still make the playoffs.

The Spurs, added Richard Jefferson and now they just lost in NJ and now they are going have to go into LA Utah or Dallas to start the playoffs.

The Hornets too

Edited by Fish7718

It's the Wizards in the East. When you've got a team of Gilbert, Butler, Jamison and you add in players like Foye and Miller to go along with Blatche, Boykins, Haywood, and MaGee, you're supposed to be a top 5 team in your conference. They crumbled...badly.

And in the West, has to be the Spurs. They added Richard Jefferson, who was supposed to be that last key component that was going to make the Spurs easily the second best team in the West and then they get a steal draft pick in Blair and the ever improving George Hill, you should be getting home court advantage come playoff time.

Bulls. At least some sort of improvement with Salmons having a full offseason with the team and Deng coming back and signing Pargo, and that's what happened to start the season?

Also, I'd say the Celtics have been an extreme let down. All this talk of Rasheed on the team. And they started great, but just like last year, they ended the season terribly.

Others include the Spurs and Rockets. I actually expected the Rockets to make the playoffs.

It's the Wizards in the East. When you've got a team of Gilbert, Butler, Jamison and you add in players like Foye and Miller to go along with Blatche, Boykins, Haywood, and MaGee, you're supposed to be a top 5 team in your conference. They crumbled...badly.

And in the West, has to be the Spurs. They added Richard Jefferson, who was supposed to be that last key component that was going to make the Spurs easily the second best team in the West and then they get a steal draft pick in Blair and the ever improving George Hill, you should be getting home court advantage come playoff time.

This.

I don't think anyone expected the Hornets to be above the 8th seed in the West...

They were a 4 seed last year and their only significant roster change was replacing Tyson Chandler for Emeka Okafor. I expected them to be better.

They were a 4 seed last year and their only significant roster change was replacing Tyson Chandler for Emeka Okafor. I expected them to be better.

And they were dominated in the first round. They got older and didn't really gain anything in the offseason while everyone else did.

Edited by HipHopHead

And they were dominated in the first round. They got older and didn't really gain anything in the offseason while everyone else did.

I don't see what getting dominated in the first round means, they still made it Denver just had a good gameplan against them. Okafor was a big upgrade over Chandler IMO. Whatever I'm not going to argue over such a pointless thing I just thought they were disappointing.

I'm surprised there weren't more picks for Washington....

Not to sound bias, but let's take a closer look at this. We traded a top 5 draft pick and others for Foye and Miller, which gave off the impression that we would be a guaranteed 4-5 seed in the East. How did that work out? We are the biggest joke in the entire league. What could make this any worse? Oh right, our star player brings illegal firearms to the team locker room as an immature prank to "get back" at a worthless teammate of his and now they're both suspended. And to top it all off, we trade away our two remaining best players for some expiring scrubs, and the best one we brought in suffers a torn ACL in his second game with us. Our old teammates are flourishing on their new rosters and are contending for a championship. Us? We are praying to god for at least a top 2 pick in the draft and for at least one decent free agent to sign with us. As long as Gilbert is on our roster with his mammoth contract, this team is going to have a lot of trouble turning things around.

So run it by me.... is any team really more disappointing than the Wizards?

Who is it? :(

I gotta say Washington. With Foye and Miller brought in they had a pretty good looking team to start the season, but then they just fell apart. Gilbert had a lot to do with it but they never really played well.

Honorable mentions : Bulls because they have a lot of talent but nothing to show for it. Spurs have dissapointed but at least can still make the playoffs.

Please do not overrate Foye. Dude is terrible.