Eagles eyeing Tebow?

Guest Need4Sheed

Guest Need4Sheed

What the hell?

Sports Illustrated's Peter King reports that the Eagles are now targeting Tim Tebow. Buried at the bottom of his article about the impact of the Donovan McNabb trade, King writes:

I have heard the Eagles will now focus on Tebow and are likely to join the parade of teams working him out and spending time with him. With seven picks in the first four rounds, Philadelphia has the ammo to go get the developmental quarterback Reid always likes to have on his roster. So don't think they won't be in play for one of these players.

And a post on the Eagles Web site says "It's no rumor that the Eagles are interested in selecting him," although the front office tells us this morning they don't have anything more to say. The draft is still two weeks away and the Birds wouldn't be the only ones courting the Gator icon (who just signed a big Nike endorsement deal Monday). Tebow's pre-draft tour takes him to Cleveland today and then to McNabb's new team -- the Redskins -- on Thursday and Friday, according to ESPN.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/Eagles-Eyeing-Tim-Tebow-Sports-Illustrated-89988642.html

Guest Need4Sheed

I mean I'd take him if he is there in the 3rd but a lot of teams would. Especially New England. I'd prob rather take the Tebow potential over a backup in Vick.

It would be a good move to take him. It would force Kolb to play week each week knowing that his starting job was in jeopardy.

True. Competition could be a good thing...

And yeah, he's better than Vick as a backup for sure. Tebow can beast in the wildcat too.

Hold on...you really think Tebow is gonna be better than Vick? At least Mike can throw the ball.

Plus, the Wildcat can't be run with a QB. The Wildcat was made specifically for the RB to take the snap out of the shotgun and then run or pass.

Oh, for some reason I thought QBs could receive direct snaps.

Doesn't mean Tebow can't convert to HB. ;) :P

They can but the only QB that's really ever worked with consistently is the Eagles' current backup.

Tebow is perfect for the H-Back position and I think eventually he'll end up there.

Wouldn't really hurt to get him and just let him develop. We could still target a veteran too. because Tebow wouldn't really be threatening Vick's spot anytime soon.

the eagles arent gonna waste a second round pick on a backup qb. i hate stupid rumors. journalists just write [expletive] like this to get attention. there is no actual proof of the eagles showing interest

Eh, I don't think Peter King would write something like that just for attention, he's one of the best. And I've heard from a bunch of people that they are probably going to draft a quarterback.

Edited by Phightins

Eh, I don't think Peter King would write something like that just for attention, he's one of the best. And I've heard from a bunch of people that they are probably going to draft a quarterback.

they need a third qb, but i cant see them drafting one with one of thier top picks. or they better not at least

I doubt they will, just from a logic standpoint. They have already announced that Michael Vick will be on the roster next year, and it just doesn't make sense to have your 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks be Michael Vick and Tim Tebow. Just think about that for a second...

This is honestly the type of crap I was worried about. If we use any of our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round picks on [expletive]ing TEBOW, I will be furious. We CANNOT waste any of these picks on another [expletive]ing quarterback. Usually I'd dismiss these rumors, but knowing Reid and the management, I can honestly see them wasting a high pick on another quarterback. I sincerely hope they're not that stupid.

This is honestly the type of crap I was worried about. If we use any of our 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round picks on [expletive]ing TEBOW, I will be furious. We CANNOT waste any of these picks on another [expletive]ing quarterback. Usually I'd dismiss these rumors, but knowing Reid and the management, I can honestly see them wasting a high pick on another quarterback. I sincerely hope they're not that stupid.

What if Corn on the Colb dont work out brah.

• Like 2

What if Tebow falls to late third round, early fourth? Would you still be against the Eagles drafting him then?

What if Corn on the Colb dont work out brah.

Then Andy will be the one to blame because he had so much faith in him.

And I'm honestly doubting Tebow will become much of an NFL quarterback himself anyways.

I wouldn't be opposed if we used a 4th rounder on him, but I'd be furious if we took him within the first three rounds. This team has so many areas to address (offensive line, safety, cornerbacks, defensive line, linebackers) drafting another QB early would be a waste, especially since he'd more than likely be the third string QB next year.