Poll for people that aren't from the east coast

Lkr

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't like either team either, and this poll does not address the issue. The issue was you generalizing every baseball fan in the country and assuming they all feel the same way. And polling the 6 or 7 baseball fans on OTR isn't going to change much either haha.

I don't like it much either and I'm from Atlanta. I think that the Red Sox-Rays series are a little better anyways. But, of course I would love to see the Braves and Phillies on ESPN more often though.

• Like 1

Also, I don't need to be from the west coast to know that there are plenty of bandwagon/relocated Yankees/Red Sox fans in mass just about everywhere in the country.

I don't expect this thread to make much of a point. Chances are there's going to be a major difference in the vote count in favor of "no" because there's going to be people who don't care about baseball, who just vote without posting anything (because they don't watch the sport to begin with).

I don't expect this thread to make much of a point. Chances are there's going to be a major difference in the vote count in favor of "no" because there's going to be people who don't care about baseball, who just vote without posting anything (because they don't watch the sport to begin with).

so even if you don't watch the sport, you can't be sick of the coverage it gets? if i don't like golf, i can't be sick of all of the tiger stories everywhere?

so even if you don't watch the sport, you can't be sick of the coverage it gets? if i don't like golf, i can't be sick of all of the tiger stories everywhere?

Obviously, if you don't watch a sport, you'd rather not have it get covered at all. There's nothing you're proving that's not obvious.

Your Tiger example is a situation that was off the field, so it naturally attracts attention from a lot more people. Why? Because it has NOTHING to do with golf. You don't like golf, so if Tiger was opening eyes in the Masters, you probably wouldn't care. I might as well say that if someone doesn't like baseball, they would still love to see coverage of A-Rod's off the field life. Why? Because it has NOTHING to do with baseball.

For all of you [expletive]ing about ESPN shoving the Yankees and Red Sox down your throat....

Just turn on MLB Network. Seriously, great channel. I can't tell you the last time I watched Baseball Tonight, or any other ESPN-produced baseball programming (besides live games). MLB Network is awesome.

For all of you [expletive]ing about ESPN shoving the Yankees and Red Sox down your throat....

Just turn on MLB Network. Seriously, great channel. I can't tell you the last time I watched Baseball Tonight, or any other ESPN-produced baseball programming (besides live games). MLB Network is awesome.

MLB Network had the Yanks/Sox on last night though :(

At least they followed it with Angels/Twins though.

MLB Network is by far the best of the pro sports networks though

MLB Network had the Yanks/Sox on last night though :(

At least they followed it with Angels/Twins though.

MLB Network is by far the best of the pro sports networks though

Over the next 30 days, they're going to have 30 live games featuring all 30 teams at least once.

Edited by Phightins

Do you honestly care that much about the 50 games the Red Sox/Yankees play every year? Would you rather have ESPN hype up something more and show coverage of something else?

Lol and people outside of UNC Duke don't care about. I don't care about Liverpool/Man U I don't care about SF/LA of course it's an area related issue it's like that with all rivalries get over it.

Lol and people outside of UNC Duke don't care about. I don't care about Liverpool/Man U I don't care about SF/LA of course it's an area related issue it's like that with all rivalries get over it.

there is more to it. The mass media doesn't hype up every Liverpool/Man U game, because I have never seen one even covered in the US. UNC and Duke get a bit of hype, but they only play twice a year so sometimes it can be understood. i don't watch a lot of college basketball though

Brewers vs Cubs is much more entertaining in my opinion. :glasses:

I think Cards vs Cubs is better than Brewers vs Cubs :P

And why should this be in the wall of shame? because people have differing opinions than new yorkers? :lol: :lol:

For the good of this thread...

http://kinderfresser.org/download/fun/pics/forum/thread-hijack.jpg

How retarded is Samuel Dalembert? Cost Philly a shot a the W tonight.

I think Cards vs Cubs is better than Brewers vs Cubs :P

And why should this be in the wall of shame? because people have differing opinions than new yorkers? :lol: :lol:

Because you made a poll that is completely pointed towards your side, and the poll has nothing to do with the topic that was at hand in the first place...