2010 MLB Payrolls / 2009 MLB Revnue / 2010 percentage of revenue spent on players

fish7718

That's all you can come up with? Hating on Posada and Rodriguez deals? Really? You have honestly got to be kidding me. If you said Pavano, I'd give that to you. But your two focal points are two of the biggest cogs of the team and two guys who were absolute pivotal points of a championship last year? GTFO.

It's cool you got the mentality win now, worry about the consequences later. How will you feel with Tex A-Rod and Jeter are all the end of their deals and making more than the average MLB payroll together and then the Yankees go out and sign 3 more stars to replace them. The Yankees are looking at being over $250 mill soon if they continue to pay players the way they do. I have no problem giving a A-rod 4 years 110 mil or 5 years 130 mill or Posada 3 years 35 mill but they deals they got are just laughable.

It's cool you got the mentality win now, worry about the consequences later. How will you feel with Tex A-Rod and Jeter are all the end of their deals and making more than the average MLB payroll together and then the Yankees go out and sign 3 more stars to replace them. The Yankees are looking at being over $250 mill soon if they continue to pay players the way they do. I have no problem giving a A-rod 4 years 110 mil or 5 years 130 mill or Posada 3 years 35 mill but they deals they got are just laughable.

To quote a good friend...

better than the mets philosophy of "win never"

Call the deals laughable, fact is... you WISH the Mets front office cared as much about winning as the Yankees do. You have wet dreams about it nightly, and wake up screaming the Steinbrenners names.

Edited by Bounding and Astounding

To quote a good friend...

Call the deals laughable, fact is... you WISH the Mets front office cared as much about winning as the Yankees do. You have wet dreams about it nightly, and wake up screaming the Steinbrenners names.

Maybe if you paid attention to the top of this topic you would realize the Mets put more of what they make back into the organization but again you clearly ignore the previous stated facts and live in your own little world where you know everything and the Yankees can do nothing wrong.

Maybe if you paid attention to the top of this topic you would realize the Mets put more of what they make back into the organization but again you clearly ignore the previous stated facts and live in your own little world where you know everything and the Yankees can do nothing wrong.

Yeah, the Mets put a bigger percentage back than the Yankees... that's because they made a little over half of what the Yankees did last year. Not sure what the point is.

Yeah, the Mets put a bigger percentage back than the Yankees... that's because they made a little over half of what the Yankees did last year. Not sure what the point is.

So it's obvious the Mets care about winning just as much as the Yankees they just can't spend as much as the Yankees because it's financially dumb.

So it's obvious the Mets care about winning just as much as the Yankees they just can't spend as much as the Yankees because it's financially dumb.

The Yankees can afford to spend so much because they've built and empire off of winning. If the Yankees didn't assemble the teams that they have throughout history, do you think anyone would give a [expletive] around the country?

I'm just saying that the Mets FO needs to do more to win. If I were a Mets fan, I'd be chronically depressed. I have it with the Rangers and the Knicks, so I know how it feels... I just don't think you should settle.

The Yankees can afford to spend so much because they've built and empire off of winning. If the Yankees didn't assemble the teams that they have throughout history, do you think anyone would give a [expletive] around the country?

I'm just saying that the Mets FO needs to do more to win. If I were a Mets fan, I'd be chronically depressed. I have it with the Rangers and the Knicks, so I know how it feels... I just don't think you should settle.

:lol: Thanks for your sympathy but I think I speak for all Mets fans we don't want it.