Vecsey: Larry Brown to the 76ers

Guest Need4Sheed

Guest Need4Sheed
Larry Brown is about to be on the move again, according to New York Post columnist Peter Vecsey.

Vecsey says he has learned Brown has received permission from Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan to coach elsewhere, and that Brown will return to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Vecsey adds that, "Head coach Eddie Jordan has known for some time he'll be terminated immediately, if not faster, following the team's last game tomorrow in Orlando."

Brown coached the 76ers to a 255-205 record from 1997-2004, and his family has remained in Philadelphia.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/04/larry-brown-headed-back-to-76ers/1

Larry Brown all but scoffed at a New York Post report saying he would be returning to the 76ers to take control “from top to bottom.’’

Brown, the Charlotte Bobcats coach, told the Daily News the report was "old news." Speculation is rife that that the Sixers will fire coach Eddie Jordan, possibly as soon as Thursday, even though Jordan has two years remaining on his contract.

"I can’t speculate on what the Sixers will do, but I’m not coaching anywhere else," Brown said. ‘’I love (new Bobcats owner) Michael Jordan. He gave me a chance even after the (bad) experience I had in New York. I’ve been happy. My goal is for us to do well in these playoffs. It’s been great for us. We’ve never been to the playoffs.’’

Comcast-Spectacor president Peter Luukko said the Sixers have not contacted anyone about the impending coaching vacancy.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sixerville/Larry_Brown_denies_reported_return_to_Sixers.html