GM1: Miami @ Boston

Real Deal

So I guess I'm the only one that liked seeing Garnett give Richardson a little shot there?

It's the playoffs, your best player is lying down hurt and a member of the opposing team starts walking towards him, your first reaction is going to be to get that guy away from your teammate.

Also, who knows what Richardson was even saying to Garnett/Pierce?

I know that it is going to be pointless for me to defend Garnett's actions considering his history and the amount of hate that he gets for every thing, but I honestly don't think that he did anything wrong there. Good on him for getting Richardson away from his injured teammate.

I do think that the second elbow looked pretty bad though.

There is absolutely no way that Garnett should be suspended though.

EDIT: The best part of that entire sequence was seeing the 90 year old Dick Bavetta trying to seperate the players. I'm surprised he wasn't injured.

Edited by Built Ford Tough
  • Like 1

So I guess I'm the only one that liked seeing Garnett give Richardson a little shot there?

It's the playoffs, your best player is lying down hurt and a member of the opposing team starts walking towards him, your first reaction is going to be to get that guy away from your teammate.

Also, who knows what Richardson was even saying to Garnett/Pierce?

I know that it is going to be pointless for me to defend Garnett's actions considering his history and the amount of hate that he gets for every thing, but I honestly don't think that he did anything wrong there. Good on him for getting Richardson away from his injured teammate.

I do think that the second elbow looked pretty bad though.

There is absolutely no way that Garnett should be suspended though.

Oh Yeah, could KG remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkPEZlVD8nk

BTW, I couldn't tell whether Garnett's elbow was intentional or not. Really, I can't point fingers and say who's fault all of it was in the first place, since I don't know who said what, or who really started it. What I can tell, though, is if Garnett is suspended, he doesn't deserve it.

• Owner

Wade didn't score in 17-18 minutes (until the last 2 minutes of the game, I believe). Boston seemed to be a better defensive team with Garnett off the court, too...which is when they made the strongest part of their run, if I recall correctly.

Garnett's first elbow wasn't bad. The second one was. Plus, at the end of the game, they said he pushed a referee...right? If so, he's gone for Game 2. That second elbow is enough to draw the suspension...they consider it the same as a punch...but if he pushed a referee, that's the icing on the cake.

I still can't believe the Celtics locked Wade up like that, though. He was crushing them, and then the tides changed, quickly.

And I'm sorry, but Pierce is a terrible actor.

If it took Tony Allen and Big Baby having the games of their careers against us in game 1 of this series...I like our chances.

Oh yeah...PLAY BEASLEY. Dude gave us some excellent minutes in the first half defensively and rebounding while Haslem played like pure [expletive].

• Owner

Why didn't Marquis Daniels play? Is he injured? I thought he was ahead of Tony Allen on the depth chart.....

And just stunned seeing how Nate Robinson is used on this team. Just an odd scenario.

Tony Allen was the biggest reason Wade struggled in the second half. Daniels is no Allen on defense, and to be honest, Allen had a pretty good offensive performance for Boston, also.

If it took Tony Allen and Big Baby having the games of their careers against us in game 1 of this series...I like our chances.

:lol: how is that a good thing?! u cant even win when Ray, KG, Perice and rondo shoot for like 14 for 49?

please, i can even see heat winning a game against the celtics.

"I was trying to get over there to take the ball out of bounds," Richardson said. "I said to Jermaine, `He (Pierce) is OK,' because I knew nobody touched him. Is he taking a break like he does so many times?"

Q is my hero.

../../public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif how is that a good thing?! u cant even win when Ray, KG, Perice and rondo shoot for like 14 for 49?

please, i can even see heat winning a game against the celtics.

They've been playing that way since the All Star break. What makes you think its going to change? Their role players had incredible nights that they won't have again all series

They've been playing that way since the All Star break. What makes you think its going to change? Their role players had incredible nights that they won't have again all series

can u show me these incredible nights?

tonight only one exception was Tony Allen 7-12 14pts 1 assist and 1 rebound

wallace 4 pts

finaly 2

baby 8

can u show me these incredible nights?

tonight only one exception was Tony Allen 7-12 14pts 1 assist and 1 rebound

wallace 4 pts

finaly 2

baby 8

It was the impact that both of them had on the game. Sheed sucks as we all know and Finley was a non-factor. Baby and Allen killed us down the stretch. I don't think Allen has another game like this all series.

It took an epic collapse for us to lose game 1 on the road. I'd usually be flipping out right now but I have confidence in this team.

It took an epic collapse for us to lose game 1 on the road. I'd usually be flipping out right now but I have confidence in this team.

An epic collapse?

No, that was called the Celtics completely locking down the Heat.

The Heat didn't collapse in this game. The Celtics just played defense like it was the 2008 Finals and absolutely shut down Wade while the rest of the Heat couldn't do anything. The Celtics gave Wade absolutely no driving lanes to work with after his great start, forced him into contested jump shots and when they weren't forcing him into contested jumpers, they forced the ball out of his hands and did a great job of contesting the jumpers that the Heat took. The Celtics didn't give the Heat any open looks or easy baskets all second half. The defense that they played in the final third of the game was the reason why they won.

Are you saying that you don't think the Celtics, a top 5 defensive team in the NBA, are capable of playing this kind of defense all series long? That is basically what it sounds like with the posts you have made in this thread. If the Celtics are motivated, they are more than capable of playing this kind of stifiling defense all series long, and the Heat perimeter players better start hitting jumpers or else it will be a short series.

I shouldn't expect you to give credit to the Celtics and make it seem like they were given the game by the Heat instead of earning the win like they certainly did, but I find it completely laughable that you say that it took an "epic collapse" by the Heat to lose game 1. You literally give no credit to the Celtics for playing unbelieveable defense, which is the real reason why the Heat lost this game, not some "epic collapse". You also completely brush off the fact that Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen shot a combined 10-32 from the field, by acting like it is a normal occurance for these three, who shot 47%, 51% and 48% respectively during the regular season, which is completely false.

The bottom line is that the Heat did not have an "epic collapse" in this game. They were shut down by a terrific defensive effort by the Celtics. There is a difference, in case you didn't know.

Man, I can't believe it. I have defended the Celtics twice in this thread and was cheering for a Celtic win last week. What the hell is going on? :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough
  • Like 2

So blowing a 14 point lead down the stretch isn't a collapse? I appreciate the time you took to write that long and detailed post, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Miami blew the game.

Tony Allen did a great job on Wade, but Haslem missed 3 gimmes that would've been big baskets for us. Jermaine was absolutely horrendous tonight as well. Not to mention Wade made horrendous decisions with the ball and then you have Dorell dribbling the ball off his foot and missing threes from the corner.

The lack of Arroyo and Beasley was horrible. Michael was outplaying Garnett at the start of the game, even grabbing a big offensive rebound over him that lead to a bucket.

u make it sound like Celtics are nothing and won this game by dumb luck, u need a reality check.

The Celtics are definitely a good team no doubt but Miami had this game and let it slip away.

Wade didn't score in 17-18 minutes (until the last 2 minutes of the game, I believe). Boston seemed to be a better defensive team with Garnett off the court, too...which is when they made the strongest part of their run, if I recall correctly.

Garnett's first elbow wasn't bad. The second one was. Plus, at the end of the game, they said he pushed a referee...right? If so, he's gone for Game 2. That second elbow is enough to draw the suspension...they consider it the same as a punch...but if he pushed a referee, that's the icing on the cake.

I still can't believe the Celtics locked Wade up like that, though. He was crushing them, and then the tides changed, quickly.

And I'm sorry, but Pierce is a terrible actor.

Actually, no he wasn't acting. Pierce was suffering from "Shoulder Stings" earlier in the month.

In medicine, a stinger, also called a burner or nerve pinch injury, is a neurological injury suffered by athletes, mostly in high-contact sports such as hockey, basketball, rugby, football, wrestling, and roller derby. The injury is always a spine injury as opposed to more serious spinal cord injuries, which can lead to partial or total paralysis. It is characterized by a shooting or stinging pain that travels down one arm, followed by numbness and weakness.

The injury usually involves nerves traveling from the spinal cord to the arm, but sometimes involves nerves in the neck. This happens in one of two ways: either the head and neck are forced toward the shoulder, compressing the nerves that lead from the spinal cord to that arm, or the head and neck are forced away from the shoulder, stretching those nerves. It is for this reason that stingers do not affect both arms simultaneously, however it is possible for both arms to accrue injuries. Symptoms often disappear within minutes and usually within hours, however, repeated nerve trauma can cause recurring stingers, chronic pain, and muscle weakness.

Wiki

Should pretty much explain everything..

As for the KG/Q0[expletive] incident, i'm not even going to bother. We won the game, and whether or not KG plays, i still have no doubt that we will be just fine without him for one game.