Vomit on MY daughter if you want to!

crabbylion

Last week week there was a caller on WDAE-The Sports Animal (Tampa Bay) that recalled a visit to the old Veterans stadium during a Bucs game. Well in that game Ronde Barber picked off a McNabb pass to return it(and win the game). Eagles fans were so upset that one brave soul(a guy rockin' a Bucs jersey in Philly)felt their wrath. According to the caller the guy was at the game with his wife and daughter and on the way to the parking lot hubby had to use the Port-O-Let. While he was in there a group of Eagles fans toppled him over and rolled it a couple of times. Ironically, some other Eagles fans helped him out by rolling it OFF of the door side as hubby was trapped. As he made his way out, the man was covered in excrements of ALL sorts. Imagine the torment, as his wife and kid just stood there crying. Yo, I would've mad my way to the nearest car wash ASAP.

True that this nonsense happens everywhere, but here in the TB area, the home fans just don't act like that. At Rays games its usually the the Red Sox, Yankee, and Phillies fans making trouble at the games. IDK, maybe its a large up north city thing!

Again...

If you put 20,000-80,000 people in the same building (especially if it's in a passionate sports city and there is alcohol involved), things like this will unfortunately happen. It happens way too much in Philadelphia, but it happens just as much in New York, Boston, Chicago, and other similar cities.

i dont know why anyone would wear an opposing teams jersey into veterans stadium during the playoffs. its just common sense. and i would guarantee that the guy was talking [expletive]. ive been to many philadelphia sports games, and if you are wearing an opposing jersey (especially playoffs) then people will probably yell at you, but nothing in your face and they will not actually do anything unless you start talking. as soon as you start talking [expletive] then you better expect something back. they are passionate fans and they dont take [expletive] from opposing fans.....ever. some people are just dumb and think that they can do whatever they want without consequence

but i would bet that this is no different then if i wore an eagles jersey to a giants or cowboys game, flyers jersey to a rangers or devils game, or any other similar rivalry. speaking of which, i am going to game 5 flyers @ devils next week, and i will be wearing a flyers jersey. i am expecting some yelling and taunting, cant wait

speaking of which, i am going to game 5 flyers @ devils next week, and i will be wearing a flyers jersey. i am expecting some yelling and taunting, cant wait

Give them hell!!! I know you will.

im gonna be yelling, throwing beers and beating the crap out of devils fans. watch for me on the news, headline- "Young Flyers fan knocks out 8 Devils 'fans'. Stadium Security too afraid to throw him out."

Make all of us Philadelphia fans proud by finding a cop and projectile vomiting all over him. If he has his daughters there with him, get them too. Because, you know, all Philadelphia fans love that kind of thing.

Make all of us Philadelphia fans proud by finding a cop and projectile vomiting all over him. If he has his daughters there with him, get them too. Because, you know, all Philadelphia fans love that kind of thing.

every philly fan has done something like this in their life anyways right?

Again...

If you put 20,000-80,000 people in the same building (especially if it's in a passionate sports city and there is alcohol involved), things like this will unfortunately happen. It happens way too much in Philadelphia, but it happens just as much in New York, Boston, Chicago, and other similar cities.

I've never seen a fight at a Mets, Yankees, Jets or Knicks game, or evenet harassment for that matter just some joking around. In fact the only story I've ever heard from my friends about fighting at a game was my friend telling me his experience at the Yankees Phillies game (in the regular season). He said the fan was worse than Red Sox fans lol,

I've never seen a fight at a Mets, Yankees, Jets or Knicks game, or evenet harassment for that matter just some joking around. In fact the only story I've ever heard from my friends about fighting at a game was my friend telling me his experience at the Yankees Phillies game (in the regular season). He said the fan was worse than Red Sox fans lol,

Thats cause Philly fans are true fans.

I have never personally seen one in Philadelphia either (and I probably attend 40+ games a year).

Last week week there was a caller on WDAE-The Sports Animal (Tampa Bay) that recalled a visit to the old Veterans stadium during a Bucs game. Well in that game Ronde Barber picked off a McNabb pass to return it(and win the game). Eagles fans were so upset that one brave soul(a guy rockin' a Bucs jersey in Philly)felt their wrath. According to the caller the guy was at the game with his wife and daughter and on the way to the parking lot hubby had to use the Port-O-Let. While he was in there a group of Eagles fans toppled him over and rolled it a couple of times. Ironically, some other Eagles fans helped him out by rolling it OFF of the door side as hubby was trapped. As he made his way out, the man was covered in excrements of ALL sorts. Imagine the torment, as his wife and kid just stood there crying. Yo, I would've mad my way to the nearest car wash ASAP.

True that this nonsense happens everywhere, but here in the TB area, the home fans just don't act like that. At Rays games its usually the the Red Sox, Yankee, and Phillies fans making trouble at the games. IDK, maybe its a large up north city thing!

the problem in Tampa is that there isn't a big core fanbase. I've been to Bucs and Rays games where all the seats are filled by fans of the opposing team. of course you won't see it there

where do you normally sit? i have flyers season tickets that are first row of the second level and i dont think ive ever seen a fight there through the many years that i have been sitting there. but i have also gone to flyers games at sat up top in the cheap seats and have seen plenty of yelling, etc. same deal in any sport for any team. if you always have decent seats then you probably will never see anything

where do you normally sit? i have flyers season tickets that are first row of the second level and i dont think ive ever seen a fight there through the many years that i have been sitting there. but i have also gone to flyers games at sat up top in the cheap seats and have seen plenty of yelling, etc. same deal in any sport for any team. if you always have decent seats then you probably will never see anything

I sit everywhere haha always in a different area every time for Mets and Knicks games. Only been to 1 Jets game decent seats.

Actually I lied. After thinking about it, I have seen two incidents (that I can remember). The one time a Philadelphia fan did something completely unprovoked (at least I think it was unprovoked) was at a Flyers playoff game 2 years ago, when a Washington Capitals fan got pissed on in the bathroom. That was just disgusting and uncalled for. I also saw a pretty big fight at a Phillies-Mets game, but it was actually started by a Mets fan who called everyone in the section a [expletive] and then took the first swing (I believe there is video evidence of this somewhere). Other than that, I really have not seen anything at a game that lives up to that "Philadelphia reputation". I attend 20+ Phillies games a year, 10+ Flyers games, 10+ Sixers games, and 1 or 2 Eagles games if I am lucky. So I spend a lot of time down there. It really is no different than any other passionate sports city. I have seen fans of opposing teams have [expletive] talked at them, but usually it is in a non-serious manner. The only times they will legitimately be threatened is if they are obnoxious and talk serious [expletive] themselves.