Vomit on MY daughter if you want to!

crabbylion

Also...not worth complaining about the reputation since we go through this every time there's an incident here. But it's still pretty typical that 130 people get arrested at Dodger Stadium earlier this week, yet all the national media decides to do is trash all of Philadelphia because of one idiot.

"He leaned forward, he projectile vomited all over me and my daughter,"

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/lmao.gifhttp://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/lmao.gif

so messed up but funny at the same time

Guest Need4Sheed

Also...not worth complaining about the reputation since we go through this every time there's an incident here. But it's still pretty typical that 130 people get arrested at Dodger Stadium earlier this week, yet all the national media decides to do is trash all of Philadelphia because of one idiot.

Exactly.

Didn't you know? Only bad fans and people are in Philadelphia.

That cop is a vag, he didnt do anything about people throwing crap at him?

He said he wanted to hit the guy but he held back because he didn't want to get arrested and leave his kid stranded. This was a guy taking in a baseball game with his daughter, this just shouldn't have happened.

Edited by Phightins

Fathers, stand up and say what's on your mind.

I take it there are no fathers in the forum. And of course there are bad people everywhere. You saying for over 3 decades the media wrongly gave Philly fans a bad stigma?

Edited by crabbylion

I take it there are no fathers in the forum. And of course there are bad people everywhere. You saying for over 3 decades the media wrongly gave Philly fans a bad stigma?

I'm saying that this kind of stuff happens everywhere. Not making excuses for what the guy did, it was disgusting, and I think if you ask around the majority of Philadelphia fans would agree (and are also absolutely sick of all Philadelphia fans getting thrown into that same mold). Again, 130 people arrested at Dodger Stadium earlier this week, yet nothing on ESPN about it. One idiot arrested here, and we go through this whole "Philadelphia fans are up to it again!" cycle for the umpteenth time. It's just pretty annoying if you ask me. The fact is this. If you put 20,000-80,000 random people in a building many times a year, you are going to have people do stupid things, no matter what city you are in.

Edited by Phightins

I'm saying that this kind of stuff happens everywhere. Not making excuses for what the guy did, it was disgusting, and I think if you ask around the majority of Philadelphia fans would agree (and are also absolutely sick of all Philadelphia fans getting thrown into that same mold). Again, 130 people arrested at Dodger Stadium earlier this week, yet nothing on ESPN about it. One idiot arrested here, and we go through this whole "Philadelphia fans are up to it again!" cycle for the umpteenth time. It's just pretty annoying if you ask me. The fact is this. If you put 20,000-80,000 random people in a building many times a year, you are going to have people do stupid things, no matter what city you are in.

yeah. of course there are philly fans who fit into those stereotypes of philly fans, but there are just as many of those kind of people in every fan group.

but it does get very annoying when they publicize this more then the dodger stadium thing and when people from other cities assume that every single philly fan is exactly the stereotypes. that gets old real quick

Last week week there was a caller on WDAE-The Sports Animal (Tampa Bay) that recalled a visit to the old Veterans stadium during a Bucs game. Well in that game Ronde Barber picked off a McNabb pass to return it(and win the game). Eagles fans were so upset that one brave soul(a guy rockin' a Bucs jersey in Philly)felt their wrath. According to the caller the guy was at the game with his wife and daughter and on the way to the parking lot hubby had to use the Port-O-Let. While he was in there a group of Eagles fans toppled him over and rolled it a couple of times. Ironically, some other Eagles fans helped him out by rolling it OFF of the door side as hubby was trapped. As he made his way out, the man was covered in excrements of ALL sorts. Imagine the torment, as his wife and kid just stood there crying. Yo, I would've mad my way to the nearest car wash ASAP.

True that this nonsense happens everywhere, but here in the TB area, the home fans just don't act like that. At Rays games its usually the the Red Sox, Yankee, and Phillies fans making trouble at the games. IDK, maybe its a large up north city thing!