"Chicago is my home city, and I love Chicago," Wade said. "But my heart is here in Miami.

Flash

Miami Heat star and Chicago-area native Dwyane Wade said he frequently hears from people who want him to sign with his hometown Bulls when he becomes a free agent this summer, but Wade compared that possibility to a romance that might not work.

Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade talks about how he approaches the playoffs having already won a championship. Plus, Wade comments on the offseason, saying he is Miami's to lose.

"I hear it a lot, especially in the summertime," Wade said Friday on "Mike & Mike." " It's an honor for people to even want you that way.

"It's like when you're young and at school, and you find out that girl wants you. The girl you had a crush on for a long time, wants you, and you get excited about it. But it might not be the right situation for you, you don't know. I don't necessarily think about it as much as people think I do."

Wade reiterated how happy he is in Miami, where he won the 2005-06 championship. The Heat open the first round of the playoffs Saturday in Boston.

"Chicago is my home city, and I love Chicago," Wade said. "But my heart is here in Miami.

"All the cards are in Miami, and it's their game to lose, more than anything. I appreciate that organizations want me to be a part of them, but right now Miami is in the driver's seat."

ESPN

:glasses:

Wade knows Miami can be the next big franchise...all we need is one or two players to pair up with Wade, and we can start a winning tradition. We have the pieces in place, Riley just needs to do what he has been promising, and he will because his season tickets commercials are all about him bringing in big names in FA and signing Wade.

Wade will leave if they don't get anyone worth noting this FA.

And what are the odds of that happening? Let's be honest and unbiased here. You really think they'll strike out on Stoudemire and Boozer?

Pat Riley already has a verbal commitment from Wade, and Wade probably has a verbal commitment from Amare. Riley wouldn't make a commercial promising season ticket holders that Wade will be back with other FA if he didn't know it.

Why would Wade leave Miami? The Knicks can go kill themselves because they are garbage, if they sign Wade then he is back in the situation he is in now, but worse. The Bulls have the best chance, but Miami has more money to sign whoever Wade wants along side him. Miami's weather is also much better than Chicago and New York, I wouldn't leave based off of that alone, he also won a championship here. Lebron and Wade are staying with their teams, they have no reason to leave.

No, I am just stating that it is not a fact he is staying in Miami.

Nothing is a fact at this point but its certainly looking like he will stay. I'm extremely confident we'll land one of Amare, Boozer and Bosh. I'd say right now its 60, 20 and 20 with Amare being the 60% chance. Not only that but we have even more space to go after another quality player, preferably a point guard like Raymond Felton. If we can re-sign Dorell and maybe JO I'd be ecstatic as well.

Point is, Riley's put Miami in a position to be in control this summer in free agency and I don't see him messing it up.

Just curios, what did you expect wade to say during the playoffs? Anything can happen once free agency starts, but right now wades focus is obviously with Miami, and I cant really fault him on that.

He's been saying it all year. I don't know how else we can put it for you guys to understand...

People just need things to talk about. Wade and Lebron have straight up said like 10 times, they want to stay where they are, and people still say they want to leave. Chris Bosh and Amare on the other hand, have said they are unhappy, yet no one cares about them going anywhere.

It's not gonna be a big shock when they both resign and ESPN and Knicks and Bulls fans throw a little fit.

• Owner

You guys do realize that no player has said he's leaving his current team. So, if you're going to take Wade's word for it, you might as well do that with the rest.

Therefore, you would have to believe that all of these free agents are staying put...which is highly unlikely.

Let's put it this way: Kobe Bryant could've been a free agent this summer. Instead, he signed his extension. He's staying a Laker, and that's a fact.

If these guys were so sure of themselves, they'd all do the same thing...but they are waiting for the playoff results, and to see what their team draws in free agency.

You guys do realize that no player has said he's leaving his current team. So, if you're going to take Wade's word for it, you might as well do that with the rest.

Therefore, you would have to believe that all of these free agents are staying put...which is highly unlikely.

Let's put it this way: Kobe Bryant could've been a free agent this summer. Instead, he signed his extension. He's staying a Laker, and that's a fact.

If these guys were so sure of themselves, they'd all do the same thing...but they are waiting for the playoff results, and to see what their team draws in free agency.

Kobe's got a talented roster who is a contender for the next 3-4 years if not 5. Our roster needs tweaking to get to that level so that's why Wade wants to see what Riles does and I have no problem with that as I'd probably do the same thing.

I guess not everyone is going to believe it until it happens :lol:

It's very simple: Dwyane Wade's plan A is to stay, but only wants Pat Riley to make the move first, which shouldn't be too hard considering their cap room. Keep in mind, the man has 7 rings.

http://www.jazzbots.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/040729_boozerJazz_vmed.widec.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2009/0401/dm_090401_ncb_calipari_presser.jpg

A person's word doesn't mean anything these days. Until Wade, or any other free-agent signs a new deal with their respective teams, their word doesn't mean anything.

Well, let's see.

-Wade built his legacy in a Heat uniform

-He enjoys Miami

-He had a championship here

-He has a good chemistry with a playoff team

-Riley is in position to build another championship caliber team that will contend for years

-Riley has built championship teams before

-Micky Arison is willing to pay the extra money if necessary

Yea, Wade's word doesn't matter. He has no reason to leave.

Edited by Poe

any player would say the same about their home town, he didnt say i love the bulls and thats my dream team that i wanna play for

dude's whole family is in chicago, chicago IS his home and of course he love chicago, but you are ignoring what he has been sayin about miami for years - miami is his "office" this is where he works, this is the job he wants, he is the face of the franchise, he is around peers that he respects a lot -- pat riley, alonzo mourning, the coaching staff..his 2 best friends q-rich and dorell (who possibly might be resigned too)

• Like 1

http://www.jazzbots.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/040729_boozerJazz_vmed.widec.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2009/0401/dm_090401_ncb_calipari_presser.jpg

A person's word doesn't mean anything these days. Until Wade, or any other free-agent signs a new deal with their respective teams, their word doesn't mean anything.

You're gonna compare him to slime such as John Calipari?

You're gonna compare him to slime such as John Calipari?

I'm not comparing anyone to anybody. I'm just using Calipari as an example of someone in sports who told the media he was committed to his team, than does the opposite. I could care less where Wade goes because I know he's not going to the Grizzlies and none of the teams in our division (and in the Western conference for the most part) is in contention for Wade.

His choices are...

Heat

Knicks

Bulls

The Knicks suck, so thats out of the question, and they aren't getting Lebron and Wade like everyone is dreaming.

Bulls, his hometown, Rose, and so on. They have a young head coach just like us, they haven't been relevant since Jordan left. They are pretty much exactly like the Heat in terms of roster and head coach experience.

Heat. He won a championship with us, Pat Riley knows how to get a championship whenever he wants it. We have plenty of cash to offer Wade, make him the highest paid player of all time if that is what it takes, and we still would have enough for another big name. The weather is great, all the celebrities are here, its basically right behind New York and Los Angeles in terms of celebrities and media attention. He is already the greatest Heat player of all time, he can just build his legacy. If he ends up in Chicago, he will always be behind Jordan.

Now unless Wade is a complete idiot and he doesn't know what best for him in terms of business and all that, and his agent, Henry Thomas, is also completely clueless, Miami is the clear choice.

• Owner

If you don't want to use Boozer as an example, use Shaq and the Orlando Magic. I don't know how many of you were watching basketball in 1995, but they were a 60-win team that was custom-built for Shaq. Orlando "was his office" and he didn't want to be anywhere else but Florida.

Then it all changed when he moved to LA. None of the fans saw it coming, and neither did his teammates. 60 wins, a team built for him, and a franchise that could've been his to dominate for the rest of his career...yet he just up and left after praising them and making everyone think he was staying?

Kobe's biggest reason for staying in Los Angeles is the fact that he's been a Laker since 1996. Wade has been in Miami since 2003, not even a decade of his career. If he sees the opportunity to pair up with Derrick Rose, a superstar, in his hometown, on a team that desperately needs him to contend (and they WILL contend, for sure, if he joins them), that's a bigger opportunity for him, clear as day.