"Chicago is my home city, and I love Chicago," Wade said. "But my heart is here in Miami.

Flash

• Owner

Pat Riley knows how to get a championship whenever he wants it.

So Riley didn't want to win it all this season? He's been a part of the Heat organization since 1995. He's only wanted one ring since then?

The organization has made a lot of big mistakes over the years, and Riley has had his hand in all of them. With the Heat on the verge of losing in the first round once again, it couldn't be at a worst time, and while they will show interest in Boozer and Amare this off-season, there are going to be many other teams chasing them, unlike what was going on before the trade deadline, because these guys will be available for money, instead of through trades.

The truth is, if any of us were Wade, and we were guaranteed to pair up with Rose, Deng, Hinrich, and Noah in our hometown, we would take that and run if we knew what was good for us.

I think you are just saying Wade will be in Chicago because you want him to, especially when you downplayed being down 0-1 in the series to being "on the verge of losing the first round". You name players the Bulls already have, which is a team that wouldn't have made the playoffs if Bosh was healthy, but you completely ignore the cap room the Heat have to build a much better team around Wade.

If you don't want to use Boozer as an example, use Shaq and the Orlando Magic. I don't know how many of you were watching basketball in 1995, but they were a 60-win team that was custom-built for Shaq. Orlando "was his office" and he didn't want to be anywhere else but Florida.

The difference with Shaq is that Wade actually won a championship with Miami. Plus, Shaq has a much different personality than Wade. To say that Wade will do the same thing because "Shaq did it" is absurd and proves nothing.

So Riley didn't want to win it all this season? He's been a part of the Heat organization since 1995. He's only wanted one ring since then?

The difference between this year and next year with Pat Riley is so obvious I hope I don't need to explain.

• Owner

The Nets, Knicks, Clippers, Thunder, Bulls, Bucks, Kings, and Wizards will all be looking at free agents this season, along with the Heat. Other teams will dig for sign-and-trades as well, seeing that this free agency is one of the best we've seen in the last 10-15 years.

You guys are acting like you're guaranteed a big-name free agent, just like the Knicks, who some of you say won't get anything. Doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't care where Wade goes. Do I want him to go to Chicago? Don't care what he does.

Toronto would've made the playoffs if Bosh stayed healthy? Well, you can argue that all day, but Noah was hurt for the Bulls for quite some time, and Rose has been playing injured half the season. Had those two stayed healthy, Chicago would've grabbed the fifth, sixth or seventh seed. We can play that game all day.

And it's obvious a team with Wade, Rose, Noah, Hinrich and Deng will be better than Wade, Boozer, Beasley, and whoever else the Heat have. Remove Boozer and stick Amare in there, and you're still looking at a better team in Chicago.

But yeah, Wade has already made his decision. That's why he signed his extension...right? Because he has a lot of faith in Riley, as much as you guys do.

If he wants another championship, he needs to look elsewhere. Tough to admit it for some of you, but it's the truth. You take a Wade/Rose/Noah trio before you take a Wade/Boozer duo. Ask Deron Williams how much success he's had with Boozer...then look at the Jazz and realize they have a better coach, and a better overall team, than the Heat do.

Tough to admit that he needs a championship elsewhere? Lol, okay then. I guess we'll just ignore the fact that the Heat are in position to create a dynasty next year with a potential Wade/Amar'e/Beasley TRIO (did you forget that Beasley exists and that Amar'e is a better option than Boozer?), plus plenty of money left.

Seriously, you think a line up of Rose - Wade - Deng - Gibson - Noah = Championship? There are no three point shooters, no spacing with 3 slashers and 2 post players, and no front-court offensive threat. Sure, the team is sound defensively, but with nobody to space the floor, it's going to make life more difficult for everybody on offense. As great of a player that Wade is, he's not magically going to fix everything by throwing him into the line up. The team would have to make adjustments, which would include trades. Basically, he'd be starting all over again in Chicago, whereas in Miami Riley will have the chance to build a team that will contend right away, and will contend "for the next 4 or 5 years".

You clearly just want to see Wade in Chicago. There is no other explanation. I have yet to hear a good argument from anyone about this, other than "Chicago is his home town" and "Rose is a good player".

• Owner

Tough to admit that he needs a championship elsewhere? Lol, okay then. I guess we'll just ignore the fact that the Heat are in position to create a dynasty next year with a potential Wade/Amar'e/Beasley TRIO (did you forget that Beasley exists and that Amar'e is a better option than Boozer?), plus plenty of money left.

Seriously, you think a line up of Rose - Wade - Deng - Gibson - Noah = Championship? There are no three point shooters, no spacing with 3 slashers and 2 post players, and no front-court offensive threat. Sure, the team is sound defensively, but with nobody to space the floor, it's going to make life more difficult for everybody on offense. As great of a player that Wade is, he's not magically going to fix everything by throwing him into the line up. The team would have to make adjustments, which would include trades. Basically, he'd be starting all over again in Chicago, whereas in Miami Riley will have the chance to build a team that will contend right away, and will contend "for the next 4 or 5 years".

You clearly just want to see Wade in Chicago. There is no other explanation. I have yet to hear a good argument from anyone about this, other than "Chicago is his home town" and "Rose is a good player".

A good argument? Rose is better than Amare, Deng is better than Beasley, and Noah is better than any other player on the Heat.

I never said he would win a championship in Chicago, I said he's got a better chance there.

And you saying that Wade, Amare and Beasley can be a dynasty trio...come on, dude. That will never, ever happen.

If you're going to question my reasoning for saying Wade would be better in Chicago, I might as well just say you think Wade will be best in Miami because you're a Heat fan...and to be honest, I think more people will see it my way, if we're going to go that route, especially after you dynasty quote.

I can't believe someone mentioned Luol Deng. It hurt me watching him in game 1. He looked like 1/4 of what he was a few years back when he was a Heat killer.

Words mean nothing... it's just like the Amare situation. After the playoffs, it's a different story. Both won't retire with their current team.

Except we haven't been shopping around Wade for 3 straight seasons and he's won a title here.

EDIT: Just saw Deng's stats for this year and he had a decent season. I just remember thinking he could be an All-Star years back.

Edited by Flash

• Owner

I'll come back to you when Wade resigns.

Haha, okay? I'm not sure what that will accomplish. I simply stated that Wade is showing interest in the free agency period by not signing his extension, that Riles hasn't put enough on the table yet, and that Chicago is the best place for him to play. Hell, Riley may not even sign anyone to team him with, and Wade could be an idiot and just re-sign for kicks. That's not the point.

You guys act like I'm 100% sure Wade will not re-up with the Heat. However, I never said I was 100% sure, but it sounds like you guys are...about him staying. So sure that Wade will re-sign, that Riley will land Amare or Boozer, and that there will be a dynasty in Miami.

Huge reach, really...but whatever.

I am confident Wade will resign, call me a cocky [expletive] for saying it, but this is his town, he owns the place. Its kind of like being the King of your city and then leaving just for the hell of it..he is the premier athlete in Miami, he has a chance to make basketball more relevant than football in Miami.

Just like when Kobe had his little drama where he wanted to be traded, no Lakers fan wanted to admit it. Same here with Wade, there is just no situation I can think of that he will be better off. A team of Wade, Rose, Noah, and Deng would get destroyed by Orlando and Cleveland either way. We have the money to bring in guys to directly match up with Dwight and Lebron, any other move would be stupid.

Pat Riley isn't stupid, he can't afford to lose Wade, or this franchise is going back to garbage for who knows how long. Riley is a legend, he can't possibly screw it up. He has the player to attract free agents, people love Miami, and he has the money to spend. He can't possibly fail, I bet anyone on this website could become the Heat president and can sign Wade and any FA with the situation we are in, all he has to do is offer the money, not that hard, not that hard to screw up either.

Haha, okay? I'm not sure what that will accomplish. I simply stated that Wade is showing interest in the free agency period by not signing his extension, that Riles hasn't put enough on the table yet, and that Chicago is the best place for him to play. Hell, Riley may not even sign anyone to team him with, and Wade could be an idiot and just re-sign for kicks. That's not the point.

You guys act like I'm 100% sure Wade will not re-up with the Heat. However, I never said I was 100% sure, but it sounds like you guys are...about him staying. So sure that Wade will re-sign, that Riley will land Amare or Boozer, and that there will be a dynasty in Miami.

His latest comments have to give Heat fans some confidence and so does Pat Riley's track record in the NBA. Why shouldn't we be confident? The same can be said to Cavs fans about LBJ. He hasn't signed his extension either.

And why shouldn't we be confident on Amare and Boozer? Every NBA insider on ESPN and other sites has talked at length about how much Amare loves Miami and if he leaves Phoenix it would be his number one choice.

Boozer, I know for a fact wants to play in Miami. He lives here in the off season as well and is a client of my dad. He's told him multiple times that he hopes he can play in Miami when his contract is up. TIFWIW.

Lol, don't back out so quickly.

Lol ok, we are mad because Wade is leaving, sure. Wade is not leaving, and Bosh is leaving Toronto as soon as someone touches that championship trophy, you got things to worry about.

• Owner

Lol, don't back out so quickly.

I don't have anything to back out of. I'm saying that the chances of Wade leaving are just as much as LeBron's. Nobody can sit here and convince me it's already a done deal, that he's going to re-sign. If it was, he'd already sign the extension.

I think you know that, though. I never posted that it was a done deal, that there was no way he's coming back to Miami. I'm clearly stating that it's foolish to think that Riley WILL do everything right, Wade WILL do everything right, and a deal WILL be done to favor the Heat...when all of that could've been done already, and the closer it gets to the off-season, the closer teams get to calling up Dwyane and making offers he will end up considering.

• Like 1

I am just joking bro I could care less what Wade does, if you think you are building a dynasty with Boozer or Amare or Bosh in the frontcourt you got another thing coming unless you add someone who plays D as your Center.

Well we did it with Shaq, really we just need a guy to take up space, and some veterans off the bench..and sign a good defender. Not saying its an automatic championship, but we can easily contend with Orlando and Cleveland with a guy like Bosh or Amare with Wade.

Dwyane Wade said on Tuesday night that teams won't have a large window to recruit him this summer.

Wade said there are a few teams that could make him change his mind, but his preference is still to re-sign with the Heat.

"It's not a huge window at all. It's a small gap," Wade said of the opening other teams will have to sign him.

"You have to always keep your book open for your options and look at different things. But no, I'm not that open where I would go anywhere and would want to be almost anywhere."

Brah this is all we have been saying lol.

Dwyane Wade said on Tuesday night that teams won't have a large window to recruit him this summer.

Wade said there are a few teams that could make him change his mind, but his preference is still to re-sign with the Heat.

"It's not a huge window at all. It's a small gap," Wade said of the opening other teams will have to sign him.

"You have to always keep your book open for your options and look at different things. But no, I'm not that open where I would go anywhere and would want to be almost anywhere."

Brah this is all we have been saying lol.

And rightfully so. After all he's done for our franchise, he deserves to be able to test the FA waters. Of course he's gonna be recruited by other teams, especially the Bulls but at this point I'd put it at 80% Miami and 20% Chicago.