Ubaldo Jimenez throws no hitter

fish7718

3.8 career ERA, 3-0 this year with 1.29 ERA... can hit 101 MPH on fastball and has a nasty slider.. I wouldn't be surprised if he contends with Lincecum for hte Cy Young this year.

Contending for a Cy Young and being the best pitcher are 2 totally different things. Ubaldo's nice but until he proves that he's mastered his control I wouldn't put him in discussion for top pitcher. I still have Josh Johnson, Carpenter, Wainwright, Haren, Santana, Halladay, and even Hanson over him. And ofcourse Lincecum. BTW in 3 years I wouldn't be surprised if Lincecum was the best pitcher on his own team! ^_^

Edited by Fish7718

Contending for a Cy Young and being the best pitcher are 2 totally different things. Ubaldo's nice but until he proves that he's mastered his control I wouldn't put him in discussion for top pitcher. I still have Josh Johnson, Carpenter, Wainwright, Haren, Santana, Halladay, and even Hanson over him. And ofcourse Lincecum. BTW in 3 years I wouldn't be surprised if Lincecum was the best pitcher on his own team! ^_^

Winning Cy Young = Best Pitcher essentially... what are you talking about haha

Best stats = best pitcher, more or less.

For a particular season, yes.

I agree with Fish. Jimenez is great but I think it's a stretch to say he's as good as Lincecum, Halladay, Santana, Johnson, and Carpenter (and a few others I am too lazy to think of right now). There's nothing saying he can't put an incredible year together like Zach Greinke did last year and win a Cy Young, though.