GM2: Utah @ Denver

Real Deal

Kyle Korver was huge last night, whether it was timely baskets or taking charges he won the game for the Jazz imo.

I actually kinda like the Jazz in this series when Boozer plays at the 4 and either Koufus or Fesenko play at the 5. Boozer just seems alot more comfortable when he's playing at his natural position, and Koufus and Fesenko (who fouls a lot) add good size to anchor the middle.

Game 3 will be really interesting, either team can take this series.

3 OFFENSIVE fouls on Melo, who fouled out (it's to be noted Melo only fouled out TWICE all season, and only had 26 games with more than 3 fouls all season). He had 3 OFFENSIVE FOULS, which is as rare as J.R. turning down a wide open 3. All Denver starters have 5 or more fouls. Worse, Miles stepped out of bounds before Melo fouled him.

And this is not even Hollywood yet.

The refs have really received their degrees from Dick Bavetta University.

It took the Jizz to shoot 52%, poor shooting nights from Billups, J.R. and a 3 offensive foul/ foul out game from Melo and some superclutch 3 from superstar Kyle Korver to claw a 3 pt win... won't happen again.

I have no complaint of the team... I thought they played hard all game, no complaint except Billups who looked like he couldn't care if we won or lost. It's totally surprising. Dude just took 3 after 3, drove to the rim like a bull in a china shop trying to draw a foul but when you went full speed like that and looking uncontrolled then it's hard not to call a charge... and he displayed little energy and passion to win... it's surprising.

Edited by SnakefromHell

Kyle Korver was huge last night, whether it was timely baskets or taking charges he won the game for the Jazz imo.

I actually kinda like the Jazz in this series when Boozer plays at the 4 and either Koufus or Fesenko play at the 5. Boozer just seems alot more comfortable when he's playing at his natural position, and Koufus and Fesenko (who fouls a lot) add good size to anchor the middle.

Game 3 will be really interesting, either team can take this series.

For sure, he really impressed me by how good he played down the stretch last night. The three he hit was the biggest shot of the game.

Edited by Prodigy

3 OFFENSIVE fouls on Melo, who fouled out (it's to be noted Melo only fouled out TWICE all season, and only had 26 games with more than 3 fouls all season). He had 3 OFFENSIVE FOULS, which is as rare as J.R. turning down a wide open 3. All Denver starters have 5 or more fouls. Worse, Miles stepped out of bounds before Melo fouled him.

And this is not even Hollywood yet.

The refs have really received their degrees from Dick Bavetta University.

It took the Jizz to shoot 52%, poor shooting nights from Billups, J.R. and a 3 offensive foul/ foul out game from Melo and some superclutch 3 from superstar Kyle Korver to claw a 3 pt win... won't happen again.

I have no complaint of the team... I thought they played hard all game, no complaint except Billups who looked like he couldn't care if we won or lost. It's totally surprising. Dude just took 3 after 3, drove to the rim like a bull in a china shop trying to draw a foul but when you went full speed like that and looking uncontrolled then it's hard not to call a charge... and he displayed little energy and passion to win... it's surprising.

There are reasons for that though. Deron Williams played assertive defense the entire night. Denver didn't bother rotating out to Carlos Boozer at the elbow over the first 30 minutes and he gashed them. Plus, Denver didn't bother rotating after the first rotation. So Utah would drive, someone would move over, and then Denver would pass and the next guy was wide open.

Two of Melo's offensive fouls were blatant shoulders into Utah's chests, the other was a backdown where Williams fell down. I'm not totally 100% sure on the rule of backdowns, but it looked like a non-foul on Melo. If someone backs you down and you fall, it shouldn't be the offensive player's fault for showing off his guns. There was also a lot of contact at the rim on Melo, which threw off his game.

Utah didn't rotate off of Smith as often as they did in Game One, and he never got untracked. Korver knocked down his open looks. Give him credit for performing his role exceptionally well.

I guess if I ever coached a bball team, I'd put my team's sexy cheerleader on the opposing team's best player and tell her to guard him. Everytime the bigger and stronger guy tries to go to the rim, any contact made is going to make the girl fall on her [expletive] because she is just not strong enough to guard him.

This is all the same when Sloan went with Miles to guard Melo. There ain't no way Miles that skinny boy can hold Melo in the post. Every offensive foul I saw was just Melo trying to go to the rim. If Miles was 40 pounds heavier, I doubt he'd actually fall unless he flopped. It's all natural contact when a forward like Melo going to the rim like that. All of the contacts were not because Melo ran into Miles, but because some contacts "were made" when he went to the rim.

If it were a regular season game, I doubt those calls would be made. I can't believe these refs are giving calls to some no-name over Melo... it's a definitely an attempt to pro-long the series. I doubt a prolific scorer like Melo gets 3 offensive foul in a playoffs game, a game which he had so much focus on. If he were that stupid, Kwame would look like Forrest Gump in the playoffs. Jesus, this is the guy who just scored 42 the previous game...

What's Melo supposed to do? Tone his game down just because his defender is not as big and as strong as him? Every team should try to sign Shaun Livingston and assigns him to guard Melo. I really think those calls were unfair to the bigger/ stronger guy. It's not like Shaq in his prime who was fully aware he had advantage in every game and deliberately used it to power his way to the rim... Melo just focused on going to the rim and this is not banging on Miles, but by blowing by him.

I guess we should have Coby Karl guarding Boozer, every time Booz goes to the rim and Coby catches some elbows, forearms, from Booz, Coby can fall on his [expletive] and we get the ball back. I'd assemble a team full of D-Leaguers and bet on it vs. the NBA defending champs or "da best team in da world" whatever if I know the refs are gonna call 3 offensive fouls apiece on that team's two best players and make sure the best player fouls out... and call defensive fouls on the rest of team for every single defensive effort made.

Not only the blatant offensive fouls... I saw at least three different guys (Bird, Nene, KMart) were whistled just because they raised their hands up, trying to guard some no-name Utah player, and there were even no contact made on some of them. And KMart was whistled twice I believe.

Edited by SnakefromHell

If the Jazz want the have a chance in this series the really have to have Korver be a factor like in this game.

But the refs did have alot to do for this game and its outcome, I would like the ref to let them play in Game 3. The literally called every ticky tack foul this game.

The Jazz baited Denver into a lot of the calls though. Anthony should have known not to slightly lower his shoulder after about the 2nd one of those he got. The Refs were pretty consistant on that call, I seen K-mart get one, and Boozer too, so a lot of this was on Anthony for not recognizing and adjusting. Adjusting to the refs is where I think the advantage lies for the Jazz. They have done a much better job at doing so than the Nuggets who get fusterated and stop getting back on defense.