GM2: Miami @ Boston

Real Deal

You want the Cavs to face Boston though right?

I am sure you would enjoy playing us more. We suck, and Wade vs. Lebron would be fun to watch for the first half, until we start getting wrecked.

I am sure you would enjoy playing us more. We suck, and Wade vs. Lebron would be fun to watch for the first half, until we start getting wrecked.

Nope. We lost in 7 to Boston two years ago and I would want nothing more than to take it to them. LeBron wants them.

Funny how Ray needs to make 7 straight threes from the corner for Spo to finally realize "hmm... maybe the zone isn't working".

I am disgusted by the entire team and coaching staff except Wade tonight. [expletive], I don't even know what to think anymore. God damnit, I wish the Heat had lost to the Nets last week.

Zo, Payton and Hardaway should come back for one season and see how we do....can you come back once your jersey is retired?

I'll take Zo and Timmy over the bums we have now...

All the confidence I had in this team is lost. We're in for a long summer if we can't start getting our [expletive] together.

Funny how Ray needs to make 7 straight threes from the corner for Spo to finally realize "hmm... maybe the zone isn't working".

I am disgusted by the entire team and coaching staff except Wade tonight. [expletive], I don't even know what to think anymore. God damnit, I wish the Heat had lost to the Nets last week.

The whole game plan tonight was horrid. I gave up when he asked Rothstein of all people for ideas.

This would never happen to a Riley coached team. Spo looked like a genius when we were beating the bottom feeders of the NBA but tonight this team came out unmotivated and almost as if they couldn't wait for it to end from the start.

GTFO with this Israeli League coach.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199205170CHI.html

Chicago 110---New York 81

And for another good coach whose team had a really bad day in a playoff game against Boston:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200806170BOS.html

Good thing this guy wasn't fired after that loss.

When Michael Beasley learns to play basketball and the Heat get second options who are better than Jermaine O'Neal, the Heat will be fine. Spoelstra's taken a team of scrubs to the playoffs. Get rid of him, go bring in some mediocre coach (Jay Triano, Mike Dunleavy, etc), and learn the difference between the Miami Heat and the Indiana Pacers.

It's really, really, fricking hard to win road playoff games when your team is overmatched by the opponent as the Milwaukee Bucks are finding out right now. I'm sure firing Skiles is their answer too right?

So chill out, wait till the summer when a gazzillion dollars comes off Miami's cap, realize that Spoelstra coached garbage to a 5 seed and will probably have a MUCH better roster next year if Wade stays and the Heat sign (Bosh/Bron/etc), and then realize that the Heat haven't played a home game yet this playoffs.

This is the playoffs---it's the coach's fault that the players aren't motivated? If Beasley and O'Neal can't get motivated for the playoffs, it says a lot about them as individuals, not the coach.

• Like 1

I think the Heat need to trade Michael Beasley this summer. This guy is simply not the type of player you want as a core piece to a contending team. When the Heat get Bosh/Amar'e/whoever, trade Beasley for either a PG, SF, C, or whatever. JO needs to go, too. Keep Haslem off the bench, at least he works hard. Q would be nice off the bench. Maybe the Heat should let Wright go, after all these years he is still playing scared as hell in the spotlight.

I think the Heat need to trade Michael Beasley this summer. This guy is simply not the type of player you want as a core piece to a contending team. When the Heat get Bosh/Amar'e/whoever, trade Beasley for either a PG, SF, C, or whatever. JO needs to go, too. Keep Haslem off the bench, at least he works hard. Q would be nice off the bench. Maybe the Heat should let Wright go, after all these years he is still playing scared as hell in the spotlight.

This is Wright's first year in the spotlight so let him grow through his mistakes. Beasley will command offers, if the Heat keep Wade, then he should be traded for whoever wants a young scorer on a rookie contract (everybody). If Wade leaves, maybe Beasley could be built around...the Heat have flexibility either way.

O'Neal's only a contract, as are all of Miami's veterans. O'Neal was only traded to Miami because he had one year longer on his contract than Shawn Marion, and Miami wanted all its cap space this summer, not last summer.

Aside from Wade, Miami only has Beasley, Daequan Cook, and Mario Chalmers (they'd be crazy not to exercise his team option at under a million bucks). Haslem will probably be brought back too if he's cheap enough, but the rest of the roster is free game. Miami doesn't care about this season. That's why guys like O'Neal, Quentin Richardson, and Carlos Arroyo are on this team. They're veterans who can fill in for a year, and whose contracts all expire this summer. Spoelstra took these stopgaps to a 5 seed.

You want the Cavs to face Boston though right?

Absolutely...after watching KG talk all that [expletive] to LeBron after they beat us in Boston that last game, I want nothing more than to face them and send them home. Just wanting a competitive series, haha.

I'm not a fan of trading Beaz unless its in a deal for a young PG like Darren Collison or Jerryd Bayless. He's still on his rookie deal and I'm not ready to completely give up on him yet.

I'm not a fan of trading Beaz unless its in a deal for a young PG like Darren Collison or Jerryd Bayless. He's still on his rookie deal and I'm not ready to completely give up on him yet.

I guess you value 30 point playoff shellackings. Do you want "potential" when your best player is in win-now mode, or do you want to trade Beasley for a player who can help you now when there's no guarantee Beasley will ever put things together.

Beasley's name has more value than his game. Why do you care about his cheap contract when the Heat will be about 1 billion, zillion, gazillion dollars under the cap.

Here's something Heat fans don't really realize. Beasley has talent, but he isn't anything special. What are you going to do when his contract expires and you still aren't sure what you've got? Let him walk for nothing. Resign him on hope? He has value. Use it.

This is Wright's first year in the spotlight so let him grow through his mistakes. Beasley will command offers, if the Heat keep Wade, then he should be traded for whoever wants a young scorer on a rookie contract (everybody). If Wade leaves, maybe Beasley could be built around...the Heat have flexibility either way.

O'Neal's only a contract, as are all of Miami's veterans. O'Neal was only traded to Miami because he had one year longer on his contract than Shawn Marion, and Miami wanted all its cap space this summer, not last summer.

Aside from Wade, Miami only has Beasley, Daequan Cook, and Mario Chalmers (they'd be crazy not to exercise his team option at under a million bucks). Haslem will probably be brought back too if he's cheap enough, but the rest of the roster is free game. Miami doesn't care about this season. That's why guys like O'Neal, Quentin Richardson, and Carlos Arroyo are on this team. They're veterans who can fill in for a year, and whose contracts all expire this summer. Spoelstra took these stopgaps to a 5 seed.

I agree about Beasley. If Wade stays, trade him for a player who can contribute right away. If Wade leaves, keep him and build for the time being.

Riley loves Haslem and Richardson. He's going to try and keep both of them no matter what the situation is. Whether he'll have the room to offer them the right amount of money if he does in fact get a top free agent to pair with Wade, we'll have to wait and see.

I cans see Wright leaving for a team that better suits his playstyle. He's a young athlete that's dieing to run, so I can see teams like the Suns and the Knicks showing interest in him, but if the Heat feel he still has the potential to be a high contributor, they may decide to throw some good money at him. As for anyone else, they could be anywhere this offseason.

BTW, I personally feel that Spo has done a great job this season. Though he hasn't shown to be that great with mid-game adjustments (comebacks are almost non-existent under his coaching), but from game to game, he's done a good job. Most Heat fans have graded Spoelstra's coaching by the number of minutes Beasley gets, but I completely understand Spo's reasoning, and I also understand that coaching is far beyond the ingame rotations. It's impressive what he's done with a group of guys that have uncertain futures and know they may not be playing together for much longer, especially considering the lack of overall talent this team has, at least comparing to other playoff teams.

but if you are building a dynasty you cant really depend on a young coach still trying to find his way - lets be honest, everyone in the league laughs at some of his rotations and offensive schemes

and with coaches like byron scott and avery johnson available I think they would be a better option for the heat