GM5: Portland (2) @ Phoenix (2)

Real Deal

Ugh. I'm not a fan of playing Roy. That's a huge gamble with his future 11 days after a surgery like that.

To be honest, I'm not really either. But Roy has been known to milk injuries before and I actually think his knee does feel pretty good right now. Still though...

Brandon Roy said that he'll come off the bench again on Monday, though that could change before tip-off.

For now it seems Roy will play behind Jerryd Bayless, though we fully expect him to play around 30 minutes either way. He looked fine while shooting around on Sunday and we can't say enough about his ability to return so soon after knee surgery.

-----

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=1256&sport=NBA

"Going into the surgery, we had talked about trying to minimize the healing time, so if we got to the second round, Brandon could be available, or maybe for six or seven (of this round), Brandon could have a chance to be available," said Jensen, who was authorized by the Blazers to discuss Roy's condition. (Roberts has a long-standing policy of not talking to the media about his patients). "The hole is used for irrigation so you're able to see clearer. He did away with that hole. That helped with the healing time."

Soon after Roy awoke, he began telling Jensen that his knee didn't feel nearly as bad as he'd thought.

"I was flexing my knee and I said 'it feels pretty good right now,' " Roy said. He could flex the knee well past what the normal range of motion would be just minutes after an operation.

"He was coming out of surgery, so he was saying some goofy things, too," Jensen said. "I figured when he came home he'd probably change his tune ... He was already saying 'Jay, I can bend this thing.' He was on crutches but he pretty much got rid of those by the time he got home. He was going up the stairs on Friday (evening), which was unsuual. He hasn't taken a pain pill during this whole thing. He still hasn't."

Also working in Roy's favor was the nature of the arthroscopy. It was a meniscus shave, not an operation to repair a torn muscle or reset a broken bone. (It also helped that Roy is a quick healer; he played at Washington 11 days after the arthroscopy in college.)

Roberts "said a meniscus tear is not anything that we repair; it's something we clean up and take out," Roy said. "We just have to make sure that we keep the swelling down. Second day, the swelling was gone already ... I was on the court in three days. I went in the gym and said my knee feels pretty good. (Roberts) came in the gym because he didn't believe me. He thought I was just saying it. He came and watched me three days straight. Maybe this is a miracle."

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/04/26/morning.tip/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Easy win for Portland looks like as of now. They should win tha series 4-2.

Yeah looks pretty easy right now.

Suns lead by 18. But check out Frye and Dudley's +/- at +30. We needa keep these two in for the rest of the 4th quarter.