Get the Taser!!

Flash

PHILADELPHIA - A police officer used a Taser gun to apprehend a fan who ran onto the field during a Phillies game Monday night, and the team and the police are investigating whether it was an appropriate use of force. The fan, wearing a baseball cap, red T-shirt and khaki shorts, hopped a fence and scurried around the outfield, eluding two security officers in the bottom of the eighth inning against the St. Louis Cardinals. One officer used a Taser and the fan went down in a heap. Several Phillies placed gloves over their faces and appeared to be stifling laughter at the wild scene.

Phillies spokeswomen Bonnie Clark said the police department is investigating the matter and discussing with the team whether using the stun gun was appropriate.

NBC

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's awesome.

Edited by Flash

you forgot to mention in the post that he is 17 years old.

it was hilarious but completely unnecessary. its just a dumb kid running around the field, he is doing no harm. let him get him second of glory then take him away, no taser needed. that guy should be fired, not sure if the kid can sue

it was hilarious but completely unnecessary. its just a dumb kid running around the field, he is doing no harm. let him get him second of glory then take him away, no taser needed. that guy should be fired, not sure if the kid can sue

I'm sure the family will seek some sort of case.

And, you forgot that he was trespassing once he went onto the field, and players safety was in jeopardize.

What if he had a gun or a knife?

Stop defending the idiot, especially when he doesn't have an I.D. printed on his head.

You'd be singing a different tune if he had done something to Ryan Howard.

Report: Teen wanted dad's OK

----------

Before 17-year-old Steve Consalvi ran onto the field at Citizen's Bank Park on Monday, where he was Tasered by a police officer, the teenager reportedly called his father for permission to do so.

"He said, 'Dad, can I run on the field? I said, 'I don't think you should, son,'" Wayne Consalvi told the Philadelphia Daily News of the conversation he had with his son.

"This would be a once in a lifetime experience!" Steve Consalvi replied to his father, according to the newspaper.

Wayne Consalvi told the newspaper that his son was not drinking and he wasn't on drugs. Steve Consalvi is "a real good student, heading to Penn State," his father told the Philadelphia Daily News.

The father also told the newspaper that his son didn't run onto the field as a result of a dare or bet, either.

"I don't recommend running on the field, but I don't think they should have Tased him at all," he told the newspaper.

Full Article

The taser was 100% unnecessary. The kid can't do anything about it since he did break the law and yeah technically the cop could have used the taser if he wanted to, but really, the kid was just a nuisance and not a threat. There's a little thing known as running and tackling, and maybe if the Citizens Bank Park security guys would put down the donuts once in a while they could get better at it.

They only did this because the kid was embarrassing them and they could not keep up. They don't show these on TV and usually YouTube clips only show the very end, but if anybody has ever seen this happen in person, it's really quite hilarious. If the guy on the field can run, these things last a long time. That is why the taser was used. This happens a lot on dollar hot dog night (such as last night). Lots of high school/college aged kids tend to go to those. They used to have "college night" which was essentially the same thing, but idiots like this guy would do stupid [expletive] all the time so there are no "college nights" anymore, but Dollar Dog nights have taken their place.

But yeah, the CBP security is not [expletive]ing around anymore. Not after the vomit incident and the kid who died at the park by being an idiot last year. As I mentioned in the Phillies thread the other day, the guards were very anal over the weekend and I was actually wondering if there was some connection. But this confirms it, they mean business.

The taser was 100% unnecessary. The kid can't do anything about it since he did break the law and yeah technically the cop could have used the taser if he wanted to, but really, the kid was just a nuisance and not a threat. There's a little thing known as running and tackling, and maybe if the Citizens Bank Park security guys would put down the donuts once in a while they could get better at it.

They only did this because the kid was embarrassing them and they could not keep up. They don't show these on TV and usually YouTube clips only show the very end, but if anybody has ever seen this happen in person, it's really quite hilarious. If the guy on the field can run, these things last a long time. That is why the taser was used. This happens a lot on dollar hot dog night (such as last night). Lots of high school/college aged kids tend to go to those. They used to have "college night" which was essentially the same thing, but idiots like this guy would do stupid [expletive] all the time so there are no "college nights" anymore, but Dollar Dog nights have taken their place.

But yeah, the CBP security is not [expletive]ing around anymore. Not after the vomit incident and the kid who died at the park by being an idiot last year. As I mentioned in the Phillies thread the other day, the guards were very anal over the weekend and I was actually wondering if there was some connection. But this confirms it, they mean business.

Agreed, it was [expletive]ed up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XWijwmvGU4

^^^ saw it had to post it, lol the only reason they had to taze is because for some reason the phillies hired the slowest security staff in America and they couldn't catch him and tackle him so they had to resort to tazeing him lol.

If they couldn't catch him, what else do you expect them to do? There are clearly rules against running onto the field. I don't know what's so difficult to understand about them. This guy looks like a complete idiot now because he wanted to be an attention whore.

I don't understand how some of you think that using the taser was wrong.

You don't know what the kid was going to do, and you can say that it was obviously harmless, but there's always a "first" or someone does something dangerous, and he's lucky he didn't get worse.

I'd rather be tapered than James Harrison'd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ5LYv49wtQ

Or, I'd rather get taser'd than get rocked by this guy from Boston.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

It's sad that the person got on the field with such ease. You'd think the security would be better ever since Selig called for tighter security due to the fans attacking base coaches.

Unfortunately, unless they put plexiglass up all around the playing field, fans will always be able to get over the railing (in most parks anyway).

So yeah, some idiot ran onto the field again tonight. Didn't get tased though, but Cole Hamels (who was pitching a gem in the 9th inning at the time) lost all rhythm after the incident. He wound up blowing his lead. Coincidence? Who knows, but I know that I and almost every other fan in attendance was hoping the cop would reach for the taser and accidentally pull out the wrong gun, and execute the dumb [expletive] right there on the field. There was a "taser him!" chant going, and the guy got booed off the field.

Unfortunately, unless they put plexiglass up all around the playing field, fans will always be able to get over the railing (in most parks anyway).

So yeah, some idiot ran onto the field again tonight. Didn't get tased though, but Cole Hamels (who was pitching a gem in the 9th inning at the time) lost all rhythm after the incident. He wound up blowing his lead. Coincidence? Who knows, but I know that I and almost every other fan in attendance was hoping the cop would reach for the taser and accidentally pull out the wrong gun, and execute the dumb [expletive] right there on the field. There was a "taser him!" chant going, and the guy got booed off the field.

That's hilarious! Anyone remember this?

Now that's a good security staff lmao!!!!

Well, at least the amount of crazos running on to the field has reduced a lot.

Apparently all of the Phillies players said off-the-record after the game that they wish they could have gotten 5 minutes alone with the idiot, since they think that 3-4 minute incident [expletive]ed up Cole's rhythm big time. Adam Wainwright said if he was a Phillies fan, he'd want to kill the idiot for doing that since it looked to him like Cole absolutely lost his mojo when that happened.