GM6: Cleveland (2) @ Boston (3)

This was the kind of series that solidifies reputations...

LeBron as being Kobe's lesser.

Mo Williams as being a choke artist.

Antawn Jamison as being a boy and not a man.

The Cavs as being an arrogant team that couldn't deal with adversity.

Mike Brown as being an average coach who doesn't make a difference.

Delonte West and Andy Varejao were non-factors...Only Shaq and Anthony Parker came to play. Gracious.

Meanwhile, Tony Allen continues to build a defensive rep, and Rajon Rondo keeps shutting people up. Rondo IS the Celtics' offense now. Now that the Celtics have turned on their defensive swag (something I didn't think they had left), they're suffocating teams. Orlando-Boston should be the best series of the playoffs.

I feel so bad for Z right now. Something just doesn't feel right at all about how this ended.

I mean, I've always depended on the Cavs as a team that fights. The way this ended and the playoffs as a whole have been so awkward because I've never seen the Cavs or LeBron play like this.

I don't know where we go from here. And again, knowing that Z might be done just leaves a bitter feeling knowing what could've been.

Z should have signed with Denver... we needed a big and he would be a difference at least in Utah series.

This was the kind of series that solidifies reputations...

LeBron as being Kobe's lesser.

Why? Because LeBron had shot 8-21 and had 27-19-10 in the deciding game? Kobe isn't even better than Wade let alone LeBron. Lol @ using playoff success as the deciding factor especially when Kobes team has Gasol, Bynum, Artest, and Odom on it.

Each year I've lost more and more respect for LeBron. He seems like a punk to me. What are his priorities, really? It makes me wonder why I'd even be proud if he came back.

Dan Gilbert spent so much money and he gets no reward again. This is just a train wreck and it's just begun. Again, is this really happening?

Each year I've lost more and more respect for LeBron. He seems like a punk to me. What are his priorities, really? It makes me wonder why I'd even be proud if he came back.

Dan Gilbert spent so much money and he gets no reward again. This is just a train wreck and it's just begun. Again, is this really happening?

Maybe its karma for that cheap trick they pulled at the trade deadline. Z doesnt deserve to win a title after that.

the best players come through when it matters most. LeBrons my second fav player but i'd definetly have to say as it stands now Kobe is the more complete player and LeBron is 2nd to him..and this is coming from a laker hater.

Why? Because LeBron had shot 8-21 and had 27-19-10 in the deciding game? Kobe isn't even better than Wade let alone LeBron. Lol @ using playoff success as the deciding factor especially when Kobes team has Gasol, Bynum, Artest, and Odom on it.

You forgot to mention the 9 to's. Anyway cool press conference LeBron, "I'm not gonna use the elbow as an excuse, but yeah it kinda limited me." LMAO!

• Like 1

The turnovers, the turnovers, the turnovers. The fact that his post up game is too easily defendable by single coverage. The fact that his handle isn't top notch. The fact that his pull up game isn't there. The passivity. The fact that most of his baskets came after the Cavs were down big. The fact that he can be gameplanned away much easier than Kobe. Boston's rotations were sharp, but too often at the point of attack, Tony Allen beat LeBron.

It's not about playoff success or playoff failure...it's about playoff performance. It's also about competitive hunger, and the ability to look adversity in the eye and rise above it. All the successes LeBron has had in the postseason have come when his team was an underdog or didn't face real adversity.

His performance in this year's playoffs was well below his capabilities, well below what Cleveland needed from him, and especially in terms of picking up his intensity level, well below what Kobe would've provided. A bad series is a bad series, but LeBron is supposed to be Superman right? He turned in a similar performance in last year's Game 6 against Orlando.

LeBron hasn't proven that he can turn it on against the best of the best in the playoffs in extreme pressure situations. Kobe has proven that.

• Like 3

You forgot to mention the 9 to's. Anyway cool press conference LeBron, "I'm not gonna use the elbow as an excuse, but yeah it kinda limited me." LMAO!

Did he really say that? That's what LeBron has done. He's looked for excuses. When has Kobe ever taken his excuse. Go find his quotes from when Boston wrecked them in the Finals. Go look at what he's said this year with his various ailments.

Kobe's probably not as purely talented as LeBron is, at least not at this stage of his career. And Kobe's had definite character issues in the past. But one thing Kobe has never done is used an excuse or not brought his best effort in a playoff series. He's been selfish in playoff series (Look at Game 4 against OKC when he stood up Phil Jackson's critiques of his shot selection by not shooting at all and really hurting his team), but he's never physically backed down.

LeBron was deferential to players who weren't stepping up. In second halves of games, you can't try to get poor performers involved in the offense, especially players with proven track records of failing. Why are you forcing passes to Andy Varejao on screen/rolls for example? Why are you coming flat off screens and swinging to Mo Williams and then backing up to halfcourt when Boston is making a run? Why are you taking yourself out of the play?

LeBron hasn't shown that he can take the bull by the horns and ride it to a title because he expects things to come easy to him. They always have. Don't blame supporting cast, Dwyane Wade's greatness invalidates that argument. This Celtics team was supposed to be over the hill too.

The turnovers, the turnovers, the turnovers. The fact that his post up game is too easily defendable by single coverage. The fact that his handle isn't top notch. The fact that his pull up game isn't there. The passivity. The fact that most of his baskets came after the Cavs were down big. The fact that he can be gameplanned away much easier than Kobe. Boston's rotations were sharp, but too often at the point of attack, Tony Allen beat LeBron.

It's not about playoff success or playoff failure...it's about playoff performance. It's also about competitive hunger, and the ability to look adversity in the eye and rise above it. All the successes LeBron has had in the postseason have come when his team was an underdog or didn't face real adversity.

His performance in this year's playoffs was well below his capabilities, well below what Cleveland needed from him, and especially in terms of picking up his intensity level, well below what Kobe would've provided. A bad series is a bad series, but LeBron is supposed to be Superman right? He turned in a similar performance in last year's Game 6 against Orlando.

LeBron hasn't proven that he can turn it on against the best of the best in the playoffs in extreme pressure situations. Kobe has proven that.

Let's look at Kobe Bryant in the 2004 NBA Finals and how he fared once the series went back to Detroit

Game 3: 11 points, 4-13, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 turnovers lost by 20

Game 4: 20 points, 8-25, 0 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 turnovers, lost by only 8 due to a Shaquille O'Neal 36-20 performance

Game 5: 24 points, 7-21, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 turnovers, lost by 13

Now if LeBRon had a stretch of games similar to this in the playoffs lord knows what you guys would be saying. For some reason though Kobe gets a pass, let's fast forward to 2006 now with Kobes Lakers uup 3-1 against the Phoenix Suns. The scenario is Game 7. Kobe scores 24 points on 50% shooting, but stops playing in the 2nd half instead of going for a possible part two to his 50 point game in the loss before. Kobes Lakers lose by over 30 points, as Kobe throws his team under the bus and asserts himself as the biggest jerk off in the game.

Now Kobe is back in the 2008 Finals. It's game 4 and LA is up by 25 points in hopes of tieing up the series. Does LA Bring in the closer Kobe? Nope, Kobe takes it in the [expletive] scoring 17 points on 6-19 shooting and Boston rallies back to win taking a commanding 3-1 win on the series. Does Boston win the title if Kobe unleashes his "killer instinct"? Maybe, but who knows. Now one of my personal favorites. Game 6 in Boston as they win by 40 points as they celebrate the championship. Kobe shoots 30% from the field.

Funny how Kobe gets passes for [expletive]ty playoff series with everything on the line, but LeBron doesnt.

PS - Knicks situation > Sixers situation, I'll take it :lol:

What relevance does this have to the discussion? You mad your team blows you got to take shots at anothers fav team?

And your wrong anyway. Your not getting LeBron or Wade. Enjoy not having any draft picks and sucking balls with Joe Johnson.

Let's look at Kobe Bryant in the 2004 NBA Finals and how he fared once the series went back to Detroit

Game 3: 11 points, 4-13, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 turnovers lost by 20

Game 4: 20 points, 8-25, 0 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 turnovers, lost by only 8 due to a Shaquille O'Neal 36-20 performance

Game 5: 24 points, 7-21, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 turnovers, lost by 13

Now if LeBRon had a stretch of games similar to this in the playoffs lord knows what you guys would be saying. For some reason though Kobe gets a pass, let's fast forward to 2006 now with Kobes Lakers uup 3-1 against the Phoenix Suns. The scenario is Game 7. Kobe scores 24 points on 50% shooting, but stops playing in the 2nd half instead of going for a possible part two to his 50 point game in the loss before. Kobes Lakers lose by over 30 points, as Kobe throws his team under the bus and asserts himself as the biggest jerk off in the game.

Now Kobe is back in the 2008 Finals. It's game 4 and LA is up by 25 points in hopes of tieing up the series. Does LA Bring in the closer Kobe? Nope, Kobe takes it in the [expletive] scoring 17 points on 6-19 shooting and Boston rallies back to win taking a commanding 3-1 win on the series. Does Boston win the title if Kobe unleashes his "killer instinct"? Maybe, but who knows. Now one of my personal favorites. Game 6 in Boston as they win by 40 points as they celebrate the championship. Kobe shoots 30% from the field.

Funny how Kobe gets passes for [expletive]ty playoff series with everything on the line, but LeBron doesnt.

kobe hasnt made excuses and has showed up plenty of times that he can have bad games. was it game 4 of the 2000 nba finals when a kid named kobe bryant destroyed the Pacers in his FOURTH season after snaq fouled out?

LMAO the 2004 Pistons and 2008 Celtics were aguably the greatest defensive teams of all time. Kobe vs this years Celtics would demolish them. And even then Kobes performance vs that dominant Celtics team, OFFENSIVELY wasnt all that far off from Lebrons performance this year vs an old Celtics team.

kobe hasnt made excuses and has showed up plenty of times that he can have bad games. was it game 4 of the 2000 nba finals when a kid named kobe bryant destroyed the Pacers in his FOURTH season after snaq fouled out?

Kobe wasn't even the best player on his own team that year. Has LeBron ever had that priveledge in all his years in the NBA? Not everyone is lucky enough to be drafted by a team that has one of the top ten players of all-time in their prime.

That performance is so overblown too. Shaq had 36 points and 21 rebounds at the time of fouling out with a little over 2 minutes left and LA had the lead at the time. He didn't lead them to a comeback or anything. How about Kobe shooting 8/27 in Game 6, but LA still wins anyway since Shaq scores 41 points anyway en route to a championship. I don't think anyone cared then.

LMAO the 2004 Pistons and 2008 Celtics were aguably the greatest defensive teams of all time. Kobe vs this years Celtics would demolish them. And even then Kobes performance vs that dominant Celtics team, OFFENSIVELY wasnt all that far off from Lebrons performance this year vs an old Celtics team.

This years Celtics are virtually the same team. Garnett is looking as good as he did in 08. Just Pierce is the one that has declined. Have you actually watched the Celtics defense in their first two rounds playing the two best players in the game back to back? The defense is still just as awesome.

Edited by Diesel

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff322/interbasket/lakers_groovin.gif

This years Celtics are virtually the same team. Garnett is looking as good as he did in 08. Just Pierce is the one that has declined. Have you actually watched the Celtics defense in their first two rounds playing the two best players in the game back to back? The defense is still just as awesome.

Its still a good defensive team without a doubt but nowhere near that team Boston had in 08. That 08 team was just ridiculous and had even more veterans, they had a prime James Posey guarding Kobe and made it very difficult. Plus you cant say KG with one knee is the same player he was in 08. Did you see how slow Pierce is now also? Rondo won this series for the Celtics, theres no doubt about that. Their defense was good because they forced Lebron on the perimeter and made him start from the top of the key on all his drives. Kobe would take Boston into the post and make a lot of pull up jumpers, no way Boston would stop Kobe right now.

What relevance does this have to the discussion? You mad your team blows you got to take shots at anothers fav team?

And your wrong anyway. Your not getting LeBron or Wade. Enjoy not having any draft picks and sucking balls with Joe Johnson.

No, it was just in reference to our team being a joke, or [expletive]ed, or whatever it was... Just seemed ignorant. Knicks are in their best situation in a decade. If we get Joe Johnson and Boozer? That's playoffs for the next 5 years... especially with a core of Sammy D and Iggy holding it down in our conference with no roster flexibility.

We gave up one pick and a swap, I'll live... especially if, as you said, we get Johnson and Boozer, make the playoffs, and it's a 20's pick anyway.

oops

No, it was just in reference to our team being a joke, or [expletive]ed, or whatever it was... Just seemed ignorant. Knicks are in their best situation in a decade. If we get Joe Johnson and Boozer? That's playoffs for the next 5 years... especially with a core of Sammy D and Iggy holding it down in our conference with no roster flexibility.

We gave up one pick and a swap, I'll live... especially if, as you said, we get Johnson and Boozer, make the playoffs, and it's a 20's pick anyway.

oops

Best situation in a decade? Sure just because of there being a chance for the best player in the game at all. That's not saying much though as the Knicks have probably been the most pathetic sports team in all 4 major sports of the 00s decade. Who said your getting both of them LOL. Knicks will most likely get one and resign Lee thus cementing themselves as an offense only team that is a joke. Basketball players laughing about practicing defense? LOL only the Knicks. Good luck getting any serious basketball player that actually wants to create a legacy and win titles because that isn't happening.

Best situation in a decade? Sure just because of there being a chance for the best player in the game at all. That's not saying much though as the Knicks have probably been the most pathetic sports team in all 4 major sports of the 00s decade. Who said your getting both of them LOL. Knicks will most likely get one and resign Lee thus cementing themselves as an offense only team that is a joke. Basketball players laughing about practicing defense? LOL only the Knicks. Good luck getting any serious basketball player that actually wants to create a legacy and win titles because that isn't happening.

All of that and still in better shape than the 6ers? Wow.