Paul Pierce Knows What's Up

“I am surprised,” Pierce said. “I thought the second round would be a little more competitive than it is. To see three sweeps in the second round, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that, truthfully. I guess that shows the teams that lost in the first round could have easily advanced also, and it would have been a little more competitive with a team like the Milwaukee Bucks or the Mavs. Those teams probably would have put up a better fight.”

Kind of nice to see other players in the league showing us some respect. At least he thinks we wouldn't have laid down like the Hawks did. I think over the course of the next 2-3 seasons more and more people and players will respect us for what we are - a defensive minded team that doesn't give up regardless of the situation.

Go Bucks!

If only Bogut wasn't injured. :(

Yeah... I'm just hoping he's back to 100% by the start of next season. He's for sure not playing in worlds so that should help a bit.

They haven't said whether or not he'll be ready yet, so one can only hope. :mellow:

No hate to Milwaukee, and they wouldn't have embarrassed themselves like Atlanta did, but that would've been an ugly series. With Orlando playing really focused basketball, and the Bucks being a perimeter-oriented, small skinny team, Howard would've massacred them.

Phoenix is simply playing great basketball, and so are the Lakers. If Denver and Dallas think that they could've put up better fights...beat Utah and San Antonio. Utah didn't have home court and was playing without 2/5ths of its starting lineup. The Nuggets threw in the towel. Dallas got outplayed by a better team. They'd lose to Phoenix too.

I think Milwaukee is definitely a riser...

The only problem is injuries... and the defensive demands from Skiles can be grinding. Can they meet his demands for another season? I actually thought Jennings gave the coach some fresh air for the season. Remember when he was drafted, showed up a couple of picks later, then mouthed off in the media... what a headcase. Then, he showed up, listened and played the right way... for the whole season. He's a slightly less talented, but much more coachable AI. What's more refreshing than drafting a rookie you thought would be a headcase on your team then turned out to be a pretty humble person and player? I really think Jennings had as much a big hand as Bogut as to why they were good this season.

Hopefully they can stay healthy next season.

If the Bucks can get fully healthy, a lineup of Jennings, Salmons, Redd, Doesn't Matter, and Bogut is going to be fun to watch. I can definitely see the Bucks rising if they were healthy. Especially with a coach like Skiles.