NBA Draft Lottery

ChosenOne

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to this post of yours, look no further than last season for another example where not having the ping pong balls bounce in your favour turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Sacramento was the worst team in the league and managed to fall all the way down to number 4. The Clippers won the lottery and obviously picked Blake Griffin, who missed his entire rookie season with knee problems. The Kings had to "settle" for Tyreke Evans at 4 and Evans just so happened to have had one of the best rookie seasons from a guard in a long time with 20/5/5 averages.

Obviously the jury is still out on Griffin and it would be foolish to write him off as a bust just yet, but even if he does become what many people predicted him to be, is that a better player than what Evans has the potential to become?

Also, you have Memphis moving up from 5th to 2nd where they picked Hasheem Thabeet who doesn't look like he will ever accomplish much in Memphis when if they would've stayed at 5 they could've possibly had somebody like Stephen Curry.

Winning the lottery isn't always a curse and it can definitely be a blessing sometimes.

Well said.

Those posts make no sense at all.

At least the team gets to make a decision to choose ANY player with the 1st overall pick, and if they screw it up, it's their fault.

I'll take my chance with the 1st pick.

They make perfect sense.

Nobody is trying to say that winning the lottery is a negative or anything like that. We are simply pointing out the fact that sometimes the consensous number one pick doesn't always turn out to be the best player of that draft and when you look back in 5 years you are going to be happy that you landed the 2nd pick in the draft and were able to acquire Kevin Durant instead of getting the first pick in the draft and landing Greg Oden.

Obviously you would rather have the 1st pick in any situation, but having the first pick doesn't always end up meaning you wind up with the best player of that class.

Evan Turner is nice, but this could be a blessing in disguise for the Nets to have 3rd pick.

Again, Turner is nice, but Derrick Favors can be a dominant C/ PF... put him alongside Lopez and they have twin towers. I do think Favors has a higher ceiling than Turner. I'd pick him 2nd overall.

John Wall is a cross breed of Derrick Rose (finishing at the rim) and Rajon Rondo (passing, defense). Wall could be as good as Rondo defensively if he wants to... his bounce passes off the floor reminds me of Rondo finding cutters/ in transition. Wizards got lucky... lol @ Mrs. Polin when she realized her team got #1 pick.

Not sure about Cousins, he looks like he needs another season in college... his game is a bit unpolished.