Devin Harris+1st

EastCoastNiner

Devin Harris + 1st round pick is probably more than enough needed to trade for the first overall. Would the Nets do it? Probably not, I think they like the idea of Wall and Harris together.

I don't think it's a necessary move either, to be honest. If we were to pick Cousins, I think we're big-time winners. Thorn's working on the coach search, and Prokhorov is ready to throw an impressive offer. We can still have an impressive setup for FA's.

Devin Harris + 1st round pick is probably more than enough needed to trade for the first overall. Would the Nets do it? Probably not, I think they like the idea of Wall and Harris together.

I don't think it's a necessary move either, to be honest. If we were to pick Cousins, I think we're big-time winners. Thorn's working on the coach search, and Prokhorov is ready to throw an impressive offer. We can still have an impressive setup for FA's.

I was actually thinking of next years 1st for whatever reason, and didn't even think about this years. :lol: .

That's why I was mentioning the pick becoming worse.

I think that getting John Wall would get LeBron James to come even more, even though he's already coming.

• 2 weeks later...

When he is healthy he is one of the better point guards in the league...

He is sure as hell not worth John Wall, not even if you include the 3rd overall pick. After Wall and Turner, no one is going to be a standout star in the league in this draft.

• 2 weeks later...

WhyTF does everyone think that Devon Harris is this great pg?

He was a 2009 All-Star reserve (though he would have been a starter if it weren't for Iverson's popularity). Last offseason, Boston was trying to work out a deal to bring him over despite having Rondo. He had a rough season this year due to injury and the lack of experience on the team, which brought him out of the attention of many people. He has talent, though, and if he stays healthy this year, I don't think anyone will be complaining about not getting first pick (assuming we don't deal him).

• 2 weeks later...

WhyTF does everyone think that Devon Harris is this great pg?

lmao. in my opinion devin harris is the best scoring point guard in the league, at least top 3 if not with Rose and CP3 around. Not forgetting Deron but at the top of his game Harris is a better scorer then Deron.

lmao. in my opinion devin harris is the best scoring point guard in the league, at least top 3 if not with Rose and CP3 around. Not forgetting Deron but at the top of his game Harris is a better scorer then Deron.

If you weren't a Nets fan you would not be saying that. No way in hell he is a top 3 scoring point guard.

John Wall never even steeped into a NBA court and you're saying he's better than Devin Harris already? :lol:

I never said he was better, I said he wasn't worth Devin Harris. Harris is in his prime right now, whereas John Wall's potential is extremely high and has the potential to be a top 3 point guard in the league. So what would you rather have: a point guard proven to be amongst the top 10 in the league or a prospect point guard who has the potential to break the top 3? I think I've made my point.

I don't think top 3 is a stretch at all.

In no particular order:

Derrick Rose

Monta Ellis

Tyreke Evans

Aaron Brooks

Chauncey Billups

Chris Paul

Deron Williams

Those are all point guards who were proven to be better scorers than Devin Harris this season. And for the team Harris was playing for this season, you can't say he didn't have the opportunity to average 25+ ppg.

In no particular order:

Derrick Rose

Monta Ellis

Tyreke Evans

Aaron Brooks

Chauncey Billups

Chris Paul

Deron Williams

Those are all point guards who were proven to be better scorers than Devin Harris this season. And for the team Harris was playing for this season, you can't say he didn't have the opportunity to average 25+ ppg.

Ellis is a two, Evans is still a wild card, Brooks was Houston's only creator, and Billups' numbers are inflated.

I think you're underrating Harris right now. This is a guy that was just last season averaging 21 PPG, and he would've averaged well over that if he didn't keep getting sidelined by injuries. One injury-riddled, nightmare season later and everyone forgets about him.

• Owner

Harris is a top five scoring point. Evans and Ellis are both two-guards, by the way.

Still don't make the trade, though. Harris is not a superstar, and he never will be. John Wall has the potential to be better than Derrick Rose, which sticks him in the same boat as Deron Williams and Chris Paul.

Sure he's not proven...but there's a reason why the Nets (and their fans) wanted that #1 pick.