Devin Harris+1st

EastCoastNiner

Harris is a top five scoring point. Evans and Ellis are both two-guards, by the way.

Still don't make the trade, though. Harris is not a superstar, and he never will be. John Wall has the potential to be better than Derrick Rose, which sticks him in the same boat as Deron Williams and Chris Paul.

Sure he's not proven...but there's a reason why the Nets (and their fans) wanted that #1 pick.

Technically he has the potential to be better than John Stockton but they also said that about Greg Oden (mentioned above by someone). I'm not one of those guys whose off Wall's jock because he looks beastly but I'm happy with the way things worked out.

Harris is a top five scoring point. Evans and Ellis are both two-guards, by the way.

Still don't make the trade, though. Harris is not a superstar, and he never will be. John Wall has the potential to be better than Derrick Rose, which sticks him in the same boat as Deron Williams and Chris Paul.

Sure he's not proven...but there's a reason why the Nets (and their fans) wanted that #1 pick.

Thank you again! Dude speaks the truth.

Yes there is a obvious reason we wanted that #1 pick but it won't matter now as John is on a worse team with a worse coach, i feel sorry for the kid.

I never said he was better, I said he wasn't worth Devin Harris. Harris is in his prime right now, whereas John Wall's potential is extremely high and has the potential to be a top 3 point guard in the league. So what would you rather have: a point guard proven to be amongst the top 10 in the league or a prospect point guard who has the potential to break the top 3? I think I've made my point.

Didn't Blake Griffen and Hasheem Thabbet have potential. blake was selected first and got injured before he even played a gam.e Thabbet was a flat out bust.

Didn't Blake Griffen and Hasheem Thabbet have potential. blake was selected first and got injured before he even played a gam.e Thabbet was a flat out bust.

Blake Griffin still has amazing potential. Thabbeet is just height and no real fundamentals. He is a huge draft bust already. Players can't help getting injured. Oden had the potential to be a true beast in this league if he hadn't suffered so many injuries.

Injuries don't take away from potential.

Blake Griffin still has amazing potential. Thabbeet is just height and no real fundamentals. He is a huge draft bust already. Players can't help getting injured. Oden had the potential to be a true beast in this league if he hadn't suffered so many injuries.

Injuries don't take away from potential.

Now, if Blake Griffen has the same thing happen to him like it did to Oden that potential means nothing. What's the point of having potential but not being able to show it. Just because yo uhave potential dosen't mean you're gonna be a good/ great player.

Now, if Blake Griffen has the same thing happen to him like it did to Oden that potential means nothing. What's the point of having potential but not being able to show it. Just because yo uhave potential dosen't mean you're gonna be a good/ great player.

Lol you're speaking as if John Wall has already suffered a season ending injury... relax. We can't say anything until he's been drafted.

I'm not saying he already had a season ending injury I'm stating he could get it and you never know what may happen.

Ok but any idiot would be willing to take the risk of drafting a great player with a high ceiling for the NBA who could get injured like ANY OTHER PLAYER in the league than settle for a decent point guard who is already in their prime who also gets injured from time to time. Listen to yourself, all you're doing is saying that there is a high chance Wall gets hurt and will never be good and the Wizards are stupid for picking him. Wow lol :lol:

Ok but any idiot would be willing to take the risk of drafting a great player with a high ceiling for the NBA who could get injured like ANY OTHER PLAYER in the league than settle for a decent point guard who is already in their prime who also gets injured from time to time. Listen to yourself, all you're doing is saying that there is a high chance Wall gets hurt and will never be good and the Wizards are stupid for picking him. Wow lol :lol:

That's the thing. He's a great college player. There has been a ton of them...heck Devin Harris was one of them!

Paul, Deron, Rose, Parker, and Arenas, give or take. Top five sounds about right.

lmao. Pauls been injured and questionable if he can return to form. Deron i will give you as Rose. Parker fell the hell off after his injuries this season, Arenas doesn't even have a basketball job :lol: :lol:

Wow, I'm saying there is a shot he can get injured, and have a bad one.

You're saying he'll be great and everything even though he hasn't taken a step on a NBA floor.

Wow, I'm saying there is a shot he can get injured, and have a bad one.

You're saying he'll be great and everything even though he hasn't taken a step on a NBA floor.

When the [expletive] did I say that kid? Read what I say, POTENTIAL to be great. You don't trade potential greatness for a decent proven player. It's just not wise for a team that is rebuilding.

That's the thing. He's a great college player. There has been a ton of them...heck Devin Harris was one of them!

So what's your point, we should just not take a chance on a great college player because he might suck and we should just trade him for a point guard who probably won't return to the all star game for the rest of his career? For a team like us that is in a 100% rebuilding mode, I would much rather start with an amazing unique college talent like John Wall to build around.

• Like 1

So what's your point, we should just not take a chance on a great college player because he might suck and we should just trade him for a point guard who probably won't return to the all star game for the rest of his career? For a team like us that is in a 100% rebuilding mode, I would much rather start with an amazing unique college talent like John Wall to build around.

I strongly disagree with that statement.

I strongly disagree with that statement.

The likelihood of John Wall becoming a true star in the league is more likely to happen than Harris returning to the all star team IMO. I just don't understand why people think the Wizards would ever consider a trade like Devin Harris and the 3rd pick for John Wall...

The likelihood of John Wall becoming a true star in the league is more likely to happen than Harris returning to the all star team IMO. I just don't understand why people think the Wizards would ever consider a trade like Devin Harris and the 3rd pick for John Wall...

How did you calculate this "likelihood"?

All of this talk is straight opinion, like you said so arguing it is pointless.

How did you calculate this "likelihood"?

All of this talk is straight opinion, like you said so arguing it is pointless.

Hence why I put "IMO" at the end of it. Nothing is fact. But any GM with half a brain would hold on to John Wall rather than trading him for an offer like that.

Harris was injured 'ONE' season and now he won't return to his all-star form? .. :lol:

Hey dumbass, recall saying something like this?

lmao. Pauls been injured and questionable if he can return to form.

If CP3 is unlikely to return to form after his one injury, why would Harris be more likely to? You are being a homer, because of Devin Harris wasn't your point guard you would agree that there are not too many chances he will return to his old form and make the all star team. Possible but not very likely.

• Like 1

lmao. Pauls been injured and questionable if he can return to form. Deron i will give you as Rose. Parker fell the hell off after his injuries this season, Arenas doesn't even have a basketball job :lol: :lol:

I said give or take. But what's funny is you're defending Harris, and you discredit two of the players with this:

Pauls been injured and questionable if he can return to form.
Parker fell the hell off after his injuries this season