Doug Collins new 76ers Coach

He'll base all his lineups based on his point-per-shot statistic he breaks out every game.

...I hope Kevin Harlan becomes his assistant coach.

"Iggy, you need to drive in transition and kick out to Kapono to hit 'em right between the eyes!!!"

Lawrence Frank(supposedly) and Aaron McKie(likely) will be his top assistants.

I like the hire. Collins actually has a clue, unlike Eddie Jordan.

Collins has a calm demeanor, but the knock is he can't get fired up when he needs to. It seems his voice is always softly. He would probably get off to a good start, but I don't see it long-term.

When guys get bored, you need a yeller or someone who commands attention. Coaches like Collins get tuned out easily by players.

• Owner

Four years? Man, that could be a mistake. Why give ANYONE other than a championship coach a four-year deal when your franchise has flip-flopped through their share of bad coaches over the last decade?

Instead of looking at just records...you can see that Collins actually improved some subpar teams to at least being average/competitive. I mean he took a Wizards team that had scrubs like Jahidi White and Chris Whitney and even an in-his-twilight Michael Jordan and made them relevant.