Where Does Dirk Go This Offseason?

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In one of the most anticipated offseasons in NBA history, many big name players are becoming available, and recently, one of those is Dirk.

According to most people, Dirk will stay in Dallas, even though he opted out of his contract. However, the possibility could open up that he wants a trade to another team in order to have the biggest chance to win a ring with another team, or if another big name player goes to another team.

Of course, for NBA players, it's all about the money. But will Dirk be tempted to opt out of playing with the team that he's played with for 12 years?

I think he'll probably stay with the Mavs this upcoming season, but anything's possible. If Brett Favre can switch conferences, and even teams within his division, this can happen as well.

And I included Knicks because in that one article about 7 key free agency scenarios, the only options were that Dirk stayed on the Mavs, or he went to the Knicks.

Also the last poll question was just for fun lol

Edited by Mentch

I don't think Dirk is gonna walk away from a check signed by Mark Cuban. That guy is like the Daniel Synder of the NFL. Dirk knows he's got a legacy in Dallas and if anything he should be smart enough to know that the Mavs actually need a change in philosophy. Too much full court game. He's staying in Dallas. They maybe one tough 2 guard away from winning a title. Or it could just be a matter of bad timing...or awaiting Kobe's retirement :D

Him option out is just a formality, he is just signing a bigger extension now by option out. He will be a Maverick for life. Only place I see Dirk possibly going is New York if there is a chance at a title there as well as max money, which is doubtful on both accounts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest STL10

In one of the most anticipated offseasons in NBA history, many big name players are becoming available, and recently, one of those is Dirk.

According to most people, Dirk will stay in Dallas, even though he opted out of his contract. However, the possibility could open up that he wants a trade to another team in order to have the biggest chance to win a ring with another team, or if another big name player goes to another team.

Of course, for NBA players, it's all about the money. But will Dirk be tempted to opt out of playing with the team that he's played with for 12 years?

I think he'll probably stay with the Mavs this upcoming season, but anything's possible. If Brett Favre can switch conferences, and even teams within his division, this can happen as well.

And I included Knicks because in that one article about 7 key free agency scenarios, the only options were that Dirk stayed on the Mavs, or he went to the Knicks.

Also the last poll question was just for fun lol

Dirk will either be a Mav or Sun.