Was this the last chance for Steve Nash?

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel like it was his last chance as a Sun. If he really wants a ring he's going to need to go elsewhere.

Agreed.

Amare is likely gone. Grant Hill is probably contemplating retirement. And as far as the West goes it's only going to get better with teams like Houston and Portland getting healthy.

i hate to say it but yes. i would love for him to go somewhere and contend. maybe, just maybe, fish will retire after he gets his 5th ring and then nash can sign a mle with the lakers. i HATE the lakers but at the same time i would really like nash to win a ring so he can lock up his HOF spot.

The emergence of Dragic would make it more likely for Suns to deal Nash. I think Suns will take the safe approach and keep Nash when 2010-11 opens, and see in the first 20-25 games if Dragic is ready for a starting role. Then, if Nash also wants out, they will deal him I believe... mostly to grant his wish to win a title elsewhere.

But Dragic is key, he'll make it easy for Suns to grant Nash's wish. It will be, in fact, easier on Nash as well.

i hate to say it but yes. i would love for him to go somewhere and contend. maybe, just maybe, fish will retire after he gets his 5th ring and then nash can sign a mle with the lakers. i HATE the lakers but at the same time i would really like nash to win a ring so he can lock up his HOF spot.

I think Nash already has a HOF spot on lock. It's just a matter of the rings now

Edited by magicbalala245

I would going to give my opinion but everyone basically said it for me. This was it for him, he is 36 I believe so he doesn't have too many years left especially with the way he play. I think he would fit in perfect with the Mavericks when Kidd retires

last chance as a leader and best (or 2nd best) player on the phoenix suns team under an average coach in the tough western conference

last chance in career? only if he decides to finish his career with the suns, which i think is very likely..he loves to win and obviously wants a ring but i think he is still happy with his career even if he doesn't win it

Still has a chance. Amare's decision is a big deal in this question, but we wrote off the Suns as a 5-8 seed at best before the season began, and they were a few big moments away from making the finals (Artest's buzzer beater, etc...)

Easily the best bench in the league, and if Hill and Amare stay, or if the Suns find a way to land a few names, they are contenders.

the best chance they had was in 04 or 05 i cant remember which one but it was when they had Joe Johnson, Q Rich, Amare, Marion, and Nash. That was the best suns team ive ever seen honestly