Why the New York Jets Will Be the Worst Team of the Upcoming Decade

Mentch

Just finished writing this article:

The NFL is full of teams that seem to be cursed, and the New York Jets are only one of them. The Jets, ranked #8 on the list of cursed franchises, appears ready to experience some more bad luck during the 2010s.

The Jets of this last year have some very similar comparisons to the Detroit Lions of 10 years ago, the team that underachieved and paved the way to where the Lions are at right now.

Edited by Mentch

- The Lions had a run-based offense before Barry Sanders retired in 1999, and then they struggled some on the ground after that. The Jets had a run-based offense in 2009 as well, and they released Thomas Jones this offseason.

- The Lions started out 8-4 in 1999 but lost their last four games and finished 8-8. Despite this, they still managed a wild-card spot, where they lost to the Washington Redskins. The Jets started 4-6 but were able to win five out of their last six games, including two against teams that were resting their starters, and they grabbed a wild-card spot as well.

those are two of the dumbest things i have ever heard. you really said BARRY SANDERS and thomas jones are similar? really? barry sanders was one of the best players in NFL history, thomas jones was an good player and not much more.

and the record thing is just dumb. they are completely opposite. how is that a similarity?

Despite these differences, the Jets still possess a carbon copy of the Detroit Lions of 10 years ago and look to follow in their footsteps sometime within the next decade.

far from a carbon copy. you just took very general traits about both teams and pulled dumb reasons to connect them

Edited by fly3rs18

However, the future of this team is in question. They have aging receivers, and Mark Sanchez has "bust" written all over him, especially after you look at his stats from his rookie season.

the jets top 3 receivers are 27, 27, and 26. they are incredibly young and one of the most talented receiving groups in the league. aging recievers?? are we talking about the same team here?? and it was sanchez's rookie season. saying that he will be a bust because he had a bad first year is a joke

i'm not trying to be a dick, but that article made absolutely no sense

Edited by fly3rs18
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm not sure if I really buy most of this. The connections you are drawing seem very loose, at best. Not really any solid evidence there, just a lot of coincidence.

Lol @ this, sorry looks like you put some time into this, where I agree cutting Thomas Jones was a bad move, you gotta be kidding. First of all the Lions didn't have a guy named Darelle Revis on their team who may well be the MVP in the NFL. The Lions also did not a coach named Rex Ryan. Mark Sanchez had a good arm with a good pair of legs, anyone who watched the AFC Championship game knows his superstar poise and his potential. Sorry this has fail written all over it. Where I do agree the Jets are getting a bit over rated no [expletive]ing way will they be the worst team of the next decade.

BTW - you said the Cowboys were going to collapse last year right? There goes your credibility.

Lol @ this, sorry looks like you put some time into this, where I agree cutting Thomas Jones was a bad move, you gotta be kidding. First of all the Lions didn't have a guy named Darelle Revis on their team who may well be the MVP in the NFL. The Lions also did not a coach named Rex Ryan. Mark Sanchez had a good arm with a good pair of legs, anyone who watched the AFC Championship game knows his superstar poise and his potential. Sorry this has fail written all over it. Where I do agree the Jets are getting a bit over rated no [expletive]ing way will they be the worst team of the next decade.

completely right, great post.......until.........

BTW - you said the Cowboys were going to collapse last year right? There goes your credibility.

nvm, terrible post

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...