2011 Superbowl

SRT Spidey

a early SB prediction thread just for fun. I got..

http://www.vx50.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/184_favre1.jpg

VS

http://www.everyjoe.com/emqb/files/2009/03/ray-lewis_zsports123487-20060917-bal-mm2-002.jpg

just my opinion, Vikings SHOULD have made it last year if Favre dosnt throw that pick. And Ravs were damn good last year and have only improved upon it during this offseason.

Edited by CeltsSAUCE

^^ lol then Ravens D is a thing of the past, Flacco isn't good enough to carry a team to the superbowl

Cowboys V Chargers; the superbowl we've anticipating for years...

Cowboys nor Chargers are going anywhere :lol:

Green Bay vs New York

^^ lol then Ravens D is a thing of the past, Flacco isn't good enough to carry a team to the superbowl

Cowboys V Chargers; the superbowl we've anticipating for years...

The Fish is correct!!

Cowboys nor Chargers are going anywhere :lol:

Green Bay vs New York

Greenbay?? please stop.

That Ravens D is straight nasty. Flacco is going into his third year now and has a legitimate number 1 receiver to throw to now. I don't see how you can discount how good that defense is? Then again, I'm not surprised.

That Ravens D is straight nasty. Flacco is going into his third year now and has a legitimate number 1 receiver to throw to now. I don't see how you can discount how good that defense is? Then again, I'm not surprised.

The Ravens D is nasty? It's aging and I don't see 3 corner stones (Reed Pryce and Lewis) being able to carry this defense for another year. Wouldn't be surprised if this D was nothing more than above-average next year.

The Ravens D is nasty? It's aging and I don't see 3 corner stones (Reed Pryce and Lewis) being able to carry this defense for another year. Wouldn't be surprised if this D was nothing more than above-average next year.

If you think Trevor Pryce is a cornerstone piece for that defense then that alone tells me you have no idea what you're saying.

Ever heard of these guys?

http://www.penguinpride.com/i08/ngata.jpg

http://www.everyjoe.com/emqb/files/2008/10/terrell-suggs_nc.jpg

Yeh them three alone cant do it but.... when you add in Suggs, Ngata, Kindle that makes them a much better than an above average defense.

and yes they do have what it takes to reach the Superbowl not saying that they will but the defense will be still be great, and when you add in Rice, Flaco, Boldin and a decent O-line on the offensive end it makes them a good squad and a potential contender.

Ravens running game+defense can get them to the superbowl. Last year they didn't have a playmaker so they signed Anquan Boldin who will get them over the hump. Flacco just needs to play safe and not make bonehead plays, he's entering his third season so I expect him to be a better decision maker. Also from what I've been hearing Flacco is looking really sharp in the OTA's.

Lol @ Fish, how can you talk about the Ravens and not mention Suggs and Ngata. Plus watch out for Kindel, he's lucky to be in such a good system his first season, and if his injury doesn't limit him he'll be a possible candidate for DROY.

Edited by Confidence

Ravens running game+defense can get them to the superbowl. Last year they didn't have a playmaker so they signed Anquan Boldin who will get them over the hump. Flacco just needs to play safe and not make bonehead plays, he's entering his third season so I expect him to be a better decision maker. Also from what I've been hearing Flacco is looking really sharp in the OTA's.

Lol @ Fish, how can you talk about the Ravens and not mention Suggs and Ngata. Plus watch out for Kindel, he's lucky to be in such a good system his first season, and if his injury doesn't limit him he'll be a possible candidate for DROY.

Lol @ you 3 thinking the Ravens D is still a top defense in the NFL. I mentioned those 3 not because they were the best (which 2 of them are) but because they are OLD. The guys you mentioned are YOUNG, use your brain before you post k? Posting pictures of people doesn't make a point it just makes you look like a moron. Kindel a candidate for DROY? Yeah maybe if everyone in the first round of the draft stayed in college. Everyone looks real sharp in pre season that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The Ravens were 3-8 in games where they allowed 17 points last year. The team relays way to heavily on an aging defense. The offense won't be there to match it. Meanwhile compare that to the Chargers who may have the OROY Ryan Matthews and a QB who can actually plays. Baltimore will be lucky to edge the Bengals out of the division let a lone betting the Chargers or Colts in the playoffs.

BTW: Flash LOL @ Pryce isn't a corner stone of that defense. First of Pryce is one of the best 3-4 D-ends in the NFL and is very valuable to what the Ravens do as a defense in their run stop and pass rush game. His ability to fill gaps and engage lineman is super valuable to the Ravens and he will be a very tough player to replace.

Edited by Fish7718

Lol @ you 3 thinking the Ravens D is still a top defense in the NFL. I mentioned those 3 not because they were the best (which 2 of them are) but because they are OLD. The guys you mentioned are YOUNG, use your brain before you post k? Posting pictures of people doesn't make a point it just makes you look like a moron. Kindel a candidate for DROY? Yeah maybe if everyone in the first round of the draft stayed in college. Everyone looks real sharp in pre season that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The Ravens were 3-8 in games where they allowed 17 points last year. The team relays way to heavily on an aging defense. The offense won't be there to match it. Meanwhile compare that to the Chargers who may have the OROY Ryan Matthews and a QB who can actually plays. Baltimore will be lucky to edge the Bengals out of the division let a lone betting the Chargers or Colts in the playoffs.

BTW: Flash LOL @ Pryce isn't a corner stone of that defense. First of Pryce is one of the best 3-4 D-ends in the NFL and is very valuable to what the Ravens do as a defense in their run stop and pass rush game. His ability to fill gaps and engage lineman is super valuable to the Ravens and he will be a very tough player to replace.

First of all Pryce barely played last season so I don't see why you keep on calling him a corner stone for Baltimore's defense. Ngata makes a far bigger impact than him. You obviously didn't realize all the injuries Baltimore had to deal with last season, their entire secondary was beat up including Ed Reed yet Baltimore ended up as one of the top defenses in the league. Sergio Kindel will make an impact, obviously you haven't paid much attention to him. He was a steal for Baltimore in the second round.

The Chargers have a potent offense, but what exactly is so special about their defense? They lose a reliable nose tackle in Jamal Williams, they lose Antonio Cromartie, and they are shopping their "best player" Shawne Merriman. Please make a case for their defense, I would love to hear your take.

• Like 2

First of all Pryce barely played last season so I don't see why you keep on calling him a corner stone for Baltimore's defense. Ngata makes a far bigger impact than him. You obviously didn't realize all the injuries Baltimore had to deal with last season, their entire secondary was beat up including Ed Reed yet Baltimore ended up as one of the top defenses in the league. Sergio Kindel will make an impact, obviously you haven't paid much attention to him. He was a steal for Baltimore in the second round.

The Chargers have a potent offense, but what exactly is so special about their defense? They lose a reliable nose tackle in Jamal Williams, they lose Antonio Cromartie, and they are shopping their "best player" Shawne Merriman. Please make a case for their defense, I would love to hear your take.

Lol @ Pryce barely played last year, he played all 16 games and the big downs for Baltimore and gave way Edwards. You know why? BECAUSE HE'S OLD. You obviously use the word obviously way to much. Nobody doubts Ngata you don't have to mention him. Ed Reed still played 3/4 of the season and in the loss to Indy in the playoffs. Who else was beat up for them, Fabian Washington? Lol the fact of the matter is Reed is the only good player in that secondary so when he doesn't play well or at all the secondary is [expletive]. BTW no coincidence that Reed got injured you know why BECAUSE HE IS GETTING OLD AND THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS TO OLD PLAYERS. Lol @ you going back to Sergio Kindel, OLB's just don't come into the league in dominate bud there is learning curve.

The fact of the matter is the Ravens defense is getting older, Lewis Pryce and Reed are getting more injury prone and worse. They simply don't have the talent they did last year, or even 2-3 years ago. Don't even get me started on the offense, lol @ adding Anquan Boldin and turning this team into an offense juggernaut.

The Chargers on the other have a dominant offense and their defense despite not being great is good overall. Cromartie is super over rated and isn't as much of a loss as you make it out to be and lol Jamal Williams? Wtf? Did he even play last year? The dude is in his mid 30's too. Sorry after that comment I'm not sure you even worth talking to.

Edited by Fish7718

i think you mean second best

To who? The Eagles :lol:

Sorry Marion Felix Tashard > McCoy...???

I don't believe this but for arguments sake Jackson > Austin

Bryant > Maclin

Williams > Whoever is Eagles #3 WR

Witten > Celek

:) and I would give Jackson Austin a tie

To who? The Eagles :lol:

Sorry Marion Felix Tashard > McCoy...???

I don't believe this but for arguments sake Jackson > Austin

Bryant > Maclin

Williams > Whoever is Eagles #3 WR

Witten > Celek

:) and I would give Jackson Austin a tie

team with normal QB > team with crying QB

(aka didnt feel like posting much right now. the argument is sure to come up multiple times before the start of the season)

Edited by fly3rs18