2011 Superbowl

SRT Spidey

team with normal QB > team with crying QB

(aka didnt feel like posting much right now. the argument is sure to come up multiple times before the start of the season)

Considering how many times we crossed paths last preseason I wouldn't doubt it ;)

Lol @ Pryce barely played last year, he played all 16 games and the big downs for Baltimore and gave way Edwards. You know why? BECAUSE HE'S OLD. You obviously use the word obviously way to much. Nobody doubts Ngata you don't have to mention him. Ed Reed still played 3/4 of the season and in the loss to Indy in the playoffs. Who else was beat up for them, Fabian Washington? Lol the fact of the matter is Reed is the only good player in that secondary so when he doesn't play well or at all the secondary is [expletive]. BTW no coincidence that Reed got injured you know why BECAUSE HE IS GETTING OLD AND THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS TO OLD PLAYERS. Lol @ you going back to Sergio Kindel, OLB's just don't come into the league in dominate bud there is learning curve.

The fact of the matter is the Ravens defense is getting older, Lewis Pryce and Reed are getting more injury prone and worse. They simply don't have the talent they did last year, or even 2-3 years ago. Don't even get me started on the offense, lol @ adding Anquan Boldin and turning this team into an offense juggernaut.

The Chargers on the other have a dominant offense and their defense despite not being great is good overall. Cromartie is super over rated and isn't as much of a loss as you make it out to be and lol Jamal Williams? Wtf? Did he even play last year? The dude is in his mid 30's too. Sorry after that comment I'm not sure you even worth talking to.

Pryce started 7 games, no guy who starts less than half the games is the cornerstone for any defense, that argument goes right out the window. Stop underrating the secondary, Foxworth probably had one of his best individual seasons of his career and Webb is an emerging star, I guess you'll have to wait just to find out.

As for the Sergio Kindel, he can have success because he's in a good system. Your quick to predict that Ryan Matthews will have a stellar season but Kindel can't, gtfo. Kindel was a beast coming out of college and had it not been for rumors that he might need microfracture surgery he would have easily been a mid first round pick. He coming from the same system that produced Brian Orakpo who just so happened to make the Pro Bowl in his first season. Yeah sure there is a learning curve but if a player is put into the right system then he can produce. Just look at the talent on Baltimore's d-line, Ngata demands a double team, Suggs demands a double team at times, and Baltimore loves to blitz so that will give Kindle plenty our opportunities.

What was Baltimores one weakness last season offensively? They needed a WR who could move the chains. Derrick Mason was productive but he never demanded a double team, but Boldins presence is going to completely change the way teams gampeplan for their offense. Stop downplaying the Boldins presence, the Ravens already have one of the best running attacks in the entire league and now Flacco has a whole bunch of weapons that he can throw the ball to. Boldin is sure handed and a guy who can get you yac, something that Baltimore missed last season.

By the numbers Baltimore was the best team at stopping the run and we all know how important that is in winning games. You don't think losing Jamal Williams is important? Who torched them in the playoffs, the Jets, and how did they beat them, by running the ball all over them. The Chargers still haven't addressed their issues at nose tackle and until they do they wont get anywhere.

YOU DON'T REPLY BACK IN CAPS OKAY?! It's pointless arguing with you. And btw lol at the Cowboys getting to the SuperBowl, good luck with that. ;)

Pryce started 7 games, no guy who starts less than half the games is the cornerstone for any defense, that argument goes right out the window. Stop underrating the secondary, Foxworth probably had one of his best individual seasons of his career and Webb is an emerging star, I guess you'll have to wait just to find out.

As for the Sergio Kindel, he can have success because he's in a good system. Your quick to predict that Ryan Matthews will have a stellar season but Kindel can't, gtfo. Kindel was a beast coming out of college and had it not been for rumors that he might need microfracture surgery he would have easily been a mid first round pick. He coming from the same system that produced Brian Orakpo who just so happened to make the Pro Bowl in his first season. Yeah sure there is a learning curve but if a player is put into the right system then he can produce. Just look at the talent on Baltimore's d-line, Ngata demands a double team, Suggs demands a double team at times, and Baltimore loves to blitz so that will give Kindle plenty our opportunities.

What was Baltimores one weakness last season offensively? They needed a WR who could move the chains. Derrick Mason was productive but he never demanded a double team, but Boldins presence is going to completely change the way teams gampeplan for their offense. Stop downplaying the Boldins presence, the Ravens already have one of the best running attacks in the entire league and now Flacco has a whole bunch of weapons that he can throw the ball to. Boldin is sure handed and a guy who can get you yac, something that Baltimore missed last season.

By the numbers Baltimore was the best team at stopping the run and we all know how important that is in winning games. You don't think losing Jamal Williams is important? Who torched them in the playoffs, the Jets, and how did they beat them, by running the ball all over them. The Chargers still haven't addressed their issues at nose tackle and until they do they wont get anywhere.

YOU DON'T REPLY BACK IN CAPS OKAY?! It's pointless arguing with you. And btw lol at the Cowboys getting to the SuperBowl, good luck with tha t. ;)

Foxworth is nothing more than a solid corner, and in a lot of defenses he would probably be a #2 CB. Webb? I hope that was a joke. The argument you use with Kindel should work with any OLB in the NFL moron, if you get a free lane to the QB every time anybody can perform. Yet Johnson was nothing more than average last year. Stop comparing Orapko to Kindel it's an absolute joke. You can tell how sad your argument is when you are counting on an NFL rookie to carry this team. BTW the learning curve on RB's is far different then the learning curve on OLB's Matthews needs to know how to do 1 thing, grab the ball and run.

LMAO @ Baltimore having the best rushing attack, it's one thing to have the best rushing attack it's another thing entirely to be a team that just rushes the ball over and over again. The Ravens were dead last in Avg YPC last year which is pretty damn pathetic, especially when you say they have the best rushing attack. What was the weakness last year? The flat out sucked, and barring a few big game performances against [expletive]ty defenses they would comparable the Browns offense. The team needs a lot more than a WR and if you opened your eyes you'd realize that. They went 9-7 last year with the 3rd ranked defense and only got older over the offseason. Did you miss the stat 3-8 when the allow more than 17 points. Will Boldin help? Sure a little but the fact still remains Baltimore does not trust Flacco and the defense is old. Those two things are NON DEBATABLE. I'LL TYPE IN CAPS ALL I WANT TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

BTW, WTF? The Jets torched the Chargers, wtf are you smokin? Seriously you just sound dumb at this point no wonder you don't want to respond to me anymore you football knowledge is sub par. You read an article on ESPN on Kindel and looked up some guys on the Ravens D and now you are trying to put together this terrible argument about how a rookie is going to save the Ravens aging D. When all you stupidity is exposed at the same time when you talk about the Jets Chargers game. The Jets had a fluke win over the Chargers. Kaeding missed 3 field goals and the Jets needed a fluke rushing TD to take the lead. Fact of the matter is everything went wrong for the Chargers and just about everything went right for the Jets and the Jets barely escaped with a win. Colts Chargers will be your AFC Championship, unless the Bengals have any say in it.

And BTW the Cowboys have the most talented team in the NFC thank you again for proving your senselessness.

Edited by Fish7718

LOL dude okay, it's so pointless arguing against you, your knowledege for football is far more advanced than mine. You bring up the arguement about Ryan Matthews but I cant bring up Kindel, you say Jamal Williams isn't important yet the Chargers lose is a "fluke game".:lol:

All Ryan Matthews has to do in grab the ball and run, really? I should be a NFL running back I can easily do that. I don't even know where you are going with this argument any more.

I'll get back to you tomorrow, I'm just too tired to go back and forth with someone who isn't going to accept reality.

Edited by Confidence

LOL dude okay, it's so pointless arguing against you, your knowledege for football is far more advanced than mine. You bring up the arguement about Ryan Matthews but I cant bring up Kindel, you say Jamal Williams isn't important yet the Chargers lose is a "fluke game".:lol:

All Ryan Matthews has to do in grab the ball and run, really? I should be a NFL running back I can easily do that. I don't even know where you are going with this argument any more.

I'll get back to you tomorrow, I'm just too tired to go back and forth with someone who isn't going to accept reality.

I don't get the part in bold... :huh:

Accept reality? I back everything I say with statistics, you're the one who is talking out his [expletive]. Obviously there is a lot more to becoming an NFL RB but it is far easier learning curve than an OLB.

http://www.jmorganmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/how-to-be-an-idiot.jpg

Says the guy who probably can't name 3 3-4 D Ends without going to ESPN.com, seriously posting a picture shows how clueless you really are, pathetic, however what I could expect coming from you.

Says the guy who probably can't name 3 3-4 D Ends without going to ESPN.com, seriously posting a picture shows how clueless you really are, pathetic, however what I could expect coming from you.

Off the top of my head I can give you Seymour, Ngata, Glenn Dorsey and a healthy Luis Castillo are guys who are all better 3-4 ends than Pryce.

Aaron Smith when healthy and Justin Smith from SF are both better as well.

Castillo is better when hes healthy and I'd venture to throw in Kendall Langford from Miami in there as well.

Seymour played in a 3-4 for years before Oakland and was the best in the game in terms of 3-4 DE's.

Edited by Flash

Aaron Smith when healthy and Justin Smith from SF are both better as well.

Castillo is better when hes healthy and I'd venture to throw in Kendall Langford from Miami in there as well.

Seymour played in a 3-4 for years before Oakland and was the best in the game in terms of 3-4 DE's.

Nevermind, just reread your post, yes Aaron Smith may be better Justin, hell no

Castillo may or may not be it's close but i'd still go with pryce tbh

Seymour is in a 4-3 though, the whole point of the argument is guys in the 3-4 defenses, sure Seymour is better at the position but he doesn't play the position

Kendall Langford? wtf are you serious?

My top 3 would prolly go

1. Ngata

2. Ellis

3. Pryce

Edited by Fish7718

Nevermind, just reread your post, yes Aaron Smith may be better Justin, hell no

Castillo may or may not be it's close but i'd still go with pryce tbh

Seymour is in a 4-3 though, the whole point of the argument is guys in the 3-4 defenses, sure Seymour is better at the position but he doesn't play the position

Kendall Langford? wtf are you serious?

My top 3 would prolly go

1. Ngata

2. Ellis

3. Pryce

Shaun Ellis is absolutely better so we agree on that, but Seymour still counts because if he were to go back to a 3-4 he'd be easily the best. I just don't think a guy who started 7 games last year playing opposite of Ngata is a top 5 3-4 end in the legaue.

Btw, Kendall Langford's stats are damn impressive. Pryce only beat him in sacks.

• Owner

Falcons vs. Ravens/Jets

Falcons are going to be pretty good this season, but I don't think they'll get past Green Bay.

I'll take the Packers over either the Steelers or Patriots in the SB. It's hard for me to go against Moss because he's my favorite player, and I really don't like Pittsburgh or Big Ben...but if I were putting money on the game, it's Green Bay 34, Pittsburgh 24.

Edited by Real Deal

Its obvious it's gonna be.....

http://www.gamewornuniforms.com/catalog/images/San-Francisco-49ers-Logo.png

http://www.insidelottery.com/Baltimore_Ravens_logo.png

BATTLE OF THE DEFENSES!!!!!

Edited by Prodigy

Shaun Ellis is absolutely better so we agree on that, but Seymour still counts because if he were to go back to a 3-4 he'd be easily the best. I just don't think a guy who started 7 games last year playing opposite of Ngata is a top 5 3-4 end in the legaue.

Btw, Kendall Langford's stats are damn impressive. Pryce only beat him in sacks.

Playing D-end in a 3-4 really has little to do with stats, the stats help but really you have to watch the player play to pass judgment. The 3-4 D end closes gaps and engages offensive linemen.

As for Seymour, would you call Albert Pujols the best LF in the league? If Hanley Ramirez moved to 3b would you call him the best SS in the league? In that case is A-rod the best SS in the AL? The 3-4 D-end and 4-3 D-end are different positions, so is Nose Tackle and Defensive Tackle. Seymour yes is one of if not the best 3-4 D End's but he no longer plays that postition, so I wouldn't count him. Pryce only started 7 games but played most of the 3rd downs, btw 7 stats 6.5 sacks really speaks for itself. He was one of their biggest play makers on 3rd down last year and given the fact he could only make 7 starts last year how does that fair for this year?

• 8 months later...
  • Owner

Falcons are going to be pretty good this season, but I don't think they'll get past Green Bay.

I'll take the Packers over either the Steelers or Patriots in the SB. It's hard for me to go against Moss because he's my favorite player, and I really don't like Pittsburgh or Big Ben...but if I were putting money on the game, it's Green Bay 34, Pittsburgh 24.

:D

• Like 2

• Owner

I had to bump this because I seriously didn't think I'd know anything about football this season. If it was basketball, it would be much different...but I got that win in the Pick'em contest, and I got the SB picks right. I usually don't pay that much attention to the sport, but this is probably the first year I really started cracking down and watching almost every game. :D

I had to bump this because I seriously didn't think I'd know anything about football this season. If it was basketball, it would be much different...but I got that win in the Pick'em contest, and I got the SB picks right. I usually don't pay that much attention to the sport, but this is probably the first year I really started cracking down and watching almost every game. :D

Too bad Raiders suck, don't worry they'll be good eventually :)

• Owner

You being the owner of the site makes it fishy, but I will take your word for it and say well done.

Haha, well, I'm sure I could edit all of that...but it would take a bit more effort because I'd have to edit the entire topic table through the database (because the edit time is on the post), and Kyle would also be able to see mod logs of the post edit to begin with.

I actually changed my pick to Atlanta for a while, because I didn't think Aaron Rodgers would be back after the second hit...but once he came back, I put all of my chips in again...the Packers' defense was really the deciding factor, as long as they had Jennings, Driver and Nelson getting footballs tossed to them by Rodgers.