Tomorrow night is the UFC 100 and it is arguably the most stacked card that the UFC has ever put on. It has two Championships fights, the past season of TUF coaches going at it with a possible title shot in the balance, the #2 ranked Welterweight in the world fighting an up and coming contender and the UFC debut of Yoshirio "Sexyama" Akiyama (most probably won't get the joke but oh well). This card is so stacked that you have who many consider to be the future of the Light Heavyweight division, Jon "Bones" Jones, fighting on the under card as well as UFC legend Mark "The Hammer" Coleman fight Stephen Bonnar on the undercard as well. To put it simply, this card is one for the ages. The only thing that I wish is that Rampage Jackson never got injured during his training and he would've fought Rashad Evans for the LHW Title in the main event of 100 like originally planned (Mir vs Lesnar 2 was orignally going to take place at UFC 98 but once Rampage got injured they moved it to 100) because that is a fight that I can't wait to see. Oh well, Mir vs. Lesnar 2 is going to be a huge draw for the UFC, but in my opinion, the true main event for this card is GSP-Alves.

Anyways, enough rambling, here is the fight card for 100:

Main Card

UFC Heavyweight Unification

UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar (3-1-0) vs. UFC Interm Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir (12-3-0)

UFC Welterweight Championship

UFC Welterweight Champion Georges "Rush" St. Pierre (18-2-0) vs. Thiago "Pitbull" Alves (22-4-0)

TUF Coaches Collide

Dan Henderson (24-7-0) vs. Michael "The Count" Bisping (18-1-0)

Jon Fitch (22-3-0, 1 NC) vs. Paulo Thiago (11-0-0)

Yoshihiro Akiyama (12-1-0, 2 NC) vs. Alan "The Talent" Belcher (13-4-0)

Undercard (may not be broadcasted)

Mark "The Hammer" Coleman (15-9-0) vs. Stephan "American Psycho" Bonnar (14-5-0)

Mac Danzig (19-6-1) vs. Jim Miller (13-2-0)

Jon "Bones" Jones (8-0-0) vs. Jake O'Brien (11-2-0)

"Stun Gun" Dong Hyun Kim (11-0-1, 1 NC) vs. TJ Grant (14-2-0)

CB "The Doberman" Dollaway (9-2-0) vs. "Filthy" Tom Lawlor (5-1-0, 1 NC)

Matt Grice (10-2-0) vs. Shannon Gugerty (11-3-0)

You know that this is a completely stacked card when you have three fights on the undercard (Coleman-Bonnar, Danzig-Miller, Jones-O'Brien) that have a very good chance of being on the Main card of basically every other PPV.

Anyways, I will give my thoughts on the three main fights of the night and then give my predictions.

Lesnar vs. Mir: In the anticipated rematch for the Heavyweight Championship, Frank Mir is going to have to rely on his experience, technical striking and excellent ji-jitsu to pull out the victory. Although Lesnar has the significant power advantage in the stand up, Mir is definitely the crisper striker. If he plans on standing with Lesnar he has to pick his spots, stay on the outside and stick and move. Trading in the pocket with a man as powerful as Lesnar would be a very, very bad idea on Mir's behalf. Another option for Mir is to try and pull guard and utilize his excellent BJJ skills and try to either submit Lesnar or even take him down because most wrestlers don't like to be on their back in the octagon and we have never really seen what kind of ground game Lesnar has off of his back. Catching Lesnar with a submission seems to be Frank's best bet though.

For Lesnar, he is going to want to take this fight to the ground and utilize ground and pound techniques on Frank Mir. Lesnar is an excellent wrestler and I couldn't even imagine how hard it would be to transition if you have a 280 pound (maybe even more, there is no way that Lesnar weighs 265 at fight time) on top of you. Lesnar should look to utilize some vicious ground and pound but also being catious about not getting caught in a submission from the bottom by Mir. If this fight stays on the feet, Lesnar's best bet is to try and get Mir's timing down and swing connect with one of his gigantic right hands and there is a good chance that this fight is going to be over. The biggest concern for Lesnar is to not get caught in a submission attempt from Mir.

Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves: In the Welterweight Championship fight, the challenger Thiago Alves is going to want to look to keep this fight in the feet and utilize his Muay Thai striking and vicious leg kicks (probably the best in all of UFC, maybe even all of MMA). Alves has great knockout power in both hands and both feet and if he keeps this fight standing he just may be able to catch GSP on the chin with one of his power punches and end this fight. He is going to want to estabilish leg kicks early on to take away GSP's explosiveness and maybe even make GSP hesitate when shooting for a takedown. Alves best bet is to keep this fight on its feet where he has the advantage in my opinion.

Georges St. Pierre is going to want to take this fight to the ground and smother Alves on the ground with his awsome wrestling skills and great ground and pound. GSP is one of the best at transitioning on the ground and passing his opponents guard. If he is able to get a dominant position on the ground he can weak Thiago down during the course of a 5 round title fight. GSP has excellent ground skills and has amazing conditioning that always him to push the tempo for all 5 rounds and eventually wear his opponents out. If his past fights are any indication, if GSP is able to get this fight to the ground it is going to be a long night for the Pitbull and we will most likely see GSP win a unanimous decision or get a TKO stoppage in the 4th or 5th round.

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping: There is a lot at stake for both of these fighters as there is a good chance that whoever wins this fight will get the next shot at Anderson "The Spider" Silva (it will either be the winner of this fight or the winner of Nate Marquardt vs. Damian Maia at UFC 102).

In this fight, Bisping is going to want to stick and move for the duration of the three rounds and just stay to the outside. He is the more technical striker and he is going to need to get in and out before Hendo has a chance of catching him with one of his lethal right hands. Bisping is definitely going to want to keep this fight standing and jab his way to a decision victory. Although Bisping is a very crisp striker, he does not have knockout power and Dan Henderson is known for his granite chin and being able to take a hell of a punch. Bisping is going to need to constantly stick and move and keep distance between himself and Hendo.

For Dan Henderson, he is going to want to bring this fight to the ground and utilize his Olympic caliber wrestling ability. Bisping's ground game is no match for Hendo and I am sure that Dan knows this and will look to bring this fight to the mat and punish Bisping with some vicious ground and pound. Another option for Henderson is to try and clinch with Bisping and dirty box his way to victory like Randy Couture is known for. Henderson is going to want to stiffle Bisping throughout the fight and keep it a close the space between him and his opponent which will give him a distinct advantage. Even if Bisping is able to keep the space between himself and Hendo, all it takes is for Hendo to connect once with his lethal right hand when Bisping is coming in to finish this fight.

So there is my analysis of the three main fights of the night and here are my predictions:

Brock Lesnar vs. Champion Frank Mir

Winner: Frank Mir by submission in the 3rd round (Brock will probably win but I can't stand him so I'm going with Mir lol)

Georges "Rush" St. Pierre vs. Thiago "Pitbull" Alves

Winner: Georges St. Pierre via Unanimous Decision

Dan Henderson vs. Michael "The Count" Bisping

Winner: Dan Henderson via KO in the 3rd round

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago

Winner: Jon Fitch via Unanimous Decision

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan "The Talent" Belcher

Winner: Yoshihiro Akiyama via Unanimous Decision

Mark "The Hammer" Coleman vs. Stephan "American Psycho" Bonnar

Winner: Stephan Bonner via Submission in the 2nd round

Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller

Winner: Mac Danzig via Split Decision

Jon "Bones" Jones vs. Jake O'Brien

Winner: Jon Jones via KO in the 1st round

"Stun Gun" Dong Hyun Kim vs. TJ Grant

Winner: Dong Hyun Kim via Unanimous Decision

CB "The Doberman" Dollaway vs. "Filthy" Tom Lawlor

Winner: CB Dollaway via KO in the 2nd round

Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty

Winner: Matt Grice via Ko in the 3rd round

Well that about wraps up my post. Anybody else plan on watching UFC 100?

• Owner

I'll be rooting for Brock and GSP. Also, I'm not a big fan of Bisping, so I hope Henderson KO's him.

I was going to buy it, but I can catch it online somewhere, haha. :lol: Should be awesome.

I'll be rooting for Brock and GSP. Also, I'm not a big fan of Bisping, so I hope Henderson KO's him.

I was going to buy it, but I can catch it online somewhere, haha. :lol: Should be awesome.

I can't stand Bisping at all. He thinks he is such a great fighter because of his time on TUF 3 but if Hamil never got injured in one of his fights he would've definitely been the 205 winner that season. I know that Bisping beat Hamil later on when they fought but that was one of the worst decisions that I have ever seen and Hamil was robbed. I wouldn't have a problem with his cocky attitude and tough talk, but the guy has not beaten anybody of relevance in his entire time in the UFC. The only legit contender that he has fought is Rashad Evans (who wasn't the same Evans that we see today) and he lost that fight which caused him to drop down to 185. His best win in the UFC is against Chris Leben and that is saying something lol. His cockyness and constant whining on this past season of TUF made me dislike him even more lol.

I honestly think that Hendo is going to dominate that fight and after punishing him for 2 rounds, Hendo will go in for the kill in the 3rd. I find it hilarous how on the UFC 100 Countdown show he said that Hendo wouldn't be able to take him down and that he will KO Hendo. If guys like Rampage, Anderson Silva and Wanderlei Silva couldn't KO him, then there is no way that Bisping will be able to. That got a good chuckle out of me.

I agree with you, I was going to buy the PPV but I figured I might as well save my 60 bucks considering I wouldn't have anybody to watch it with as all of my friends that are into MMA all have to work so I'll just find an online link.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Hendo's KO on Bisping might have just became my new all time favourite MMA KO. God damn that was nasty and I loved every minute of it. Bisping was such an idiot in that fight as well. Everybody knows abou the sheer power that Henderson has in his right hand, so why the hell would you circle towards Hendo's power hand? When I saw Bisping circling to his left and towards Henderson's power hand, I knew that it would only be a matter of time before Hendo connected with a right and finished this fight but I did not expect it to be that nasty.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2340/1247367977823.gif

Wow. That was ruthless. Maybe next time Bisping with think twice before running his mouth at an MMA legend like Dan Henderson lol (although I doubt it).

This fight proved that I was right all along about Bisping though. He is a solid fighter, but he is not a title contender in the Middleweight Division at all.

GSP and Thiago Alves went exactly how I thought. I figure that GSP would dominate Alves on the ground and end up winning a decesive decision. Outside of a lucky punch like Matt Serra landed on GSP in their first fight, nobody in the 170 pound division can touch St. Pierre. He is just too well rounded and talented of a fighter and is on a completely different level then the rest of the division. Everybody figured that Alves would be his biggest test yet and he walked through him like nothing. GSP has now completely dominated the #2 and #3 ranked Welterweights in the world in Jon Fitch and Thiago Alves. 170 is a deep division, but nobody can touch GSP as long as he stays motivated and trains hard for every fight.

The Lesnar-Mir fight went exactly how I expected as well. I know that in my predictions I had Mir winning but deep down I knew that Lesnar was just too big and strong for Mir (I think I actually wrote that as well). Lesnar is just so much bigger and stronger than the rest of the Heavyweight division that it is almost unfair. I mean the guy has to cut weight to make it to the 265 pound limit and by fight night Lesnar has to weight at least 280 pounds. Frank Mir looked to be in the best shape of his life and the biggest that he has ever looked, and he was only 245 pounds yet Lesnar looked smaller than when he fought Couture and still had to cut to make the 265 pound limit. That just goes to show how big Lesnar is. I'm not diregarding Lesnar's skills but his significant size and strength advantage over his opponents can't be overlooked. To put it into perspective, it is basically like having a Lightweight fighter fight a Light Heavyweight fighter. Lesnar domianted that fight from start to finish though and deserved the victory. I can't say that I am too impressed with his post fight antics of flipping off the crowd, spitting into the camera and getting in Mir's face just after Mir got his legs back from underneath him and the cut man and doctor were looking after him. That was very disrespectfull in my opinion and just uncalled for, especially the Mir thing.

All in all it was a good card. Hendo's KO over Bisping was undoubtedly my favourite part of the night though.

That .gif is GOAT. That second blow was cream but I was rooting for Bisping cause you can't even understand him.

Edit. What were your thoughts on Akiyama and Belcher? Announcers thought Belcher had it in the bag but Akiyama ended up winning split-decision. Honestly, I thought Akiyama had the better bout. You?

Edited by JediSkyWalker

That .gif is GOAT. That second blow was cream but I was rooting for Bisping cause you can't even understand him.

Edit. What were your thoughts on Akiyama and Belcher? Announcers thought Belcher had it in the bag but Akiyama ended up winning split-decision. Honestly, I thought Akiyama had the better bout. You?

Ya i agree i thought Akiyama deserved the win too. He was very dominant in the 2nd round and I figured that would carry him to the win.