That .gif is GOAT. That second blow was cream but I was rooting for Bisping cause you can't even understand him.

Edit. What were your thoughts on Akiyama and Belcher? Announcers thought Belcher had it in the bag but Akiyama ended up winning split-decision. Honestly, I thought Akiyama had the better bout. You?

I had no problems with Akiyama winning against Belcher. Belcher had some vicious leg kicks but Akiyama clearly won the second round as he spent the majority of the round with top control. I don't think that Belcher can complain about the second round considering he spent most of it on his back. Akiyama dropped Belcher a couple times as well which score big on judges score cards. The only thing that Belcher really had going for him was his vicious leg kicks.

It could've went either way, but I can agree with the decision. Rounds 1 and 3 were close but round 2 definitely went to Aikyama with him having top control for the majority of the round. I agree with the 29-28 score in favour of Yoshirio but I don't think that he won all three rounds. I had it 29-28 for Akiyama.

Its like Dana White said to Belcher after the fight though, don't leave it in the judges hands.

As for Fedor on Arlovski, it was a good KO, no doubt, but the fact that Arlovski has a glass chin and gets KO'ed like nothing takes away from that one at least a little bit in my mind. Don't get me wrong, it was a hell of a punch (off of a completely retarded flying knee attempt from Arlovski, I don't know what the hell he was thinking) but Hendo's on Bisping was just so damn ruthless. Other than Sean Salmon when he got knocked out by a high kick from Rashad evans a couple years back, I don't remember the last time that somebody was out cold for so long after getting KO'ed.

Brock is lucky he's so big, and to be honest Brock could never beat Mir standing up. That's why he is lucky to have his size and be able to take people down so easily. The beginning of the 2nd round when Brock let him up like a cocky [expletive] and Mir started to landing punches and delivered that flying knee Brock took him down right away because he knew that he was in trouble if they stood up.

Even though Brock won and is the champ, i still believe he is not the best we have. Mir is far more technical, and the heavyweight division isn't as strong in the UFC as other divisions. But the time will come, Lesnar will get his.

Brock is lucky he's so big, and to be honest Brock could never beat Mir standing up. That's why he is lucky to have his size and be able to take people down so easily. The beginning of the 2nd round when Brock let him up like a cocky [expletive] and Mir started to landing punches and delivered that flying knee Brock took him down right away because he knew that he was in trouble if they stood up.

Even though Brock won and is the champ, i still believe he is not the best we have. Mir is far more technical, and the heavyweight division isn't as strong in the UFC as other divisions. But the time will come, Lesnar will get his.

Exactly that's what I told my lads Brock couldn't beat Mir boxing. And I say that for GSP too, I don't think he could beat Alves boxing.

Exactly, if he fought Hong Man Choi, he would be SCREWED. Im not even lying. He wouldnt have any size advantage what so ever and Hong Man Choi is better in a fight standing up. Fedor would destroy him ever easier.

Exactly that's what I told my lads Brock couldn't beat Mir boxing. And I say that for GSP too, I don't think he could beat Alves boxing.

Yeah, probably but GSP is a kickboxer not a boxer and is so well rounded there is no way Thiago could have beaten him. Unlike Brock, all he has are takedowns and he gets them because of his size. Thiago was much bigger than GSP and he still took him down. Thiago i think coming into the match was about 190.

All Brock does is takedowns and hammer fists. His fighting is so one sided. If he wasn't big he would suck. And with Mir i wasn't just talking about boxing. Stand-up in general. Mir's muy thai is outstanding.

Edited by B4KED

GSP was out striking Alves last night when they were on the feet though. He landed more shots and even knocked Thiago down with on the feet as well. I agree that Alves is the more dangerous fighter on the feet and part of the reason why GSP was out striking Alves was because Thiago had to worry about GSP's excellent take downs and great top control so he couldn't be as aggressive with his leg kicks, which are the best part of his entire stand up. If this was stricly a stand up fight where no take downs were allowed, I would go with Thiago Alves' Muay Thai over GSP's kick boxing but what makes GSP so dangerous is his complete fight game.

Just take a look at their Fight Metric and it shows that GSP landed more shots and connected on a higher percentage of his shots thrown:

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/GSP-Alves.html

If you sort through all of the different areas of striking (striking distance, clinch, ground and total) you see that the only place Alves had the advantage in was clinch work. Every where else GSP was superior. I do agree with you that Thiago was the more dangerous striker though and has heavier hands.

You guy shave to give credit to Brock for his excellent wrestling though. I am not a fan of Lesnar's by any means but he has some very good wrestling ability and his top control last night was amazing (but this can be attributed to his overwhelming size and strength advantage). Pinning Mir's hand behind his head and opening up Mir's face was a very good move by Lesnar but I do agree with you all that if the fight were to stay on the feet that Lesnar would be at a disadvantage because Mir is the more technically sound fighter. Lesnar would definitely have a punchers chance though.

To be perfectly honest though, I hate when people make arguments like this. There is a reason why it is called Mixed Martial Arts. Obviously watching people stand and bang is exciting but I am just as interested by a great, technical ground game. The fact of the matter is that GSP and Lesnar were both superior wrestlers and they utilized their strengths in their favour and didn't play into the strengths of their opponents and as a result, both ended up leaving with the belts still around their waists.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

GSP was out striking Alves last night when they were on the feet though. He landed more shots and even knocked Thiago down with on the feet as well. I agree that Alves is the more dangerous fighter on the feet and part of the reason why GSP was out striking Alves was because Thiago had to worry about GSP's excellent take downs and great top control so he couldn't be as aggressive with his leg kicks, which are the best part of his entire stand up. If this was stricly a stand up fight where no take downs were allowed, I would go with Thiago Alves' Muay Thai over GSP's kick boxing but what makes GSP so dangerous is his complete fight game.

Just take a look at their Fight Metric and it shows that GSP landed more shots and connected on a higher percentage of his shots thrown:

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/GSP-Alves.html

If you sort through all of the different areas of striking (striking distance, clinch, ground and total) you see that the only place Alves had the advantage in was clinch work. Every where else GSP was superior. I do agree with you that Thiago was the more dangerous striker though and has heavier hands.

You guy shave to give credit to Brock for his excellent wrestling though. I am not a fan of Lesnar's by any means but he has some very good wrestling ability and his top control last night was amazing (but this can be attributed to his overwhelming size and strength advantage). Pinning Mir's hand behind his head and opening up Mir's face was a very good move by Lesnar but I do agree with you all that if the fight were to stay on the feet that Lesnar would be at a disadvantage because Mir is the more technically sound fighter. Lesnar would definitely have a punchers chance though.

To be perfectly honest though, I hate when people make arguments like this. There is a reason why it is called Mixed Martial Arts. Obviously watching people stand and bang is exciting but I am just as interested by a great, technical ground game. The fact of the matter is that GSP and Lesnar were both superior wrestlers and they utilized their strengths in their favour and didn't play into the strengths of their opponents and as a result, both ended up leaving with the belts still around their waists.

Oh yeah, Brock has great wrestling. He wasn't a national champion for no reason. All i'm saying is there is no comparison between GSP and Brock. GSP was at a size disadvantage and it didn't phase him. GSP can strike, take you to the ground and you name it. That's why it is so hard to beat him because most of these guys he fights are all really good at one thing. GSP is really good at everything. However Lesnar on the other hand only has wrestling and his size. Luckily for him the heavyweight divison isn't quite as competitive in the UFC. The welterweight division is probably the most competitive or at least one of the most competitive in the UFC. GSP considered wrestling in the olympics for Canada, and the dude didn't even wrestle till he got into MMA.

Edited by B4KED

brock as received nothing but negativity since he stepped in the cage. He has showed his dominance, and still gets bull[expletive]...I dont blame him one bit for his response to Mir, or the booing fans. He didnt act that way against Couture did he? No, because Courture didnt talk all that [expletive] before, like Mir and Herring did. Their attitude and comments are the reasons behind Lesnar's retaliation. And then everyone still wants to boo him after a clear dominate win...so he basically said "[expletive] you" to them...and I was too. [expletive] them, and I laugh at anyone that has a problem with it.

And to be totally 100% honest, I'm not a fan of when fighters talk [expletive] for months to eachother and then become best friends after the fight, it just seems silly. If you don't like a dude you kick his [expletive] and be done with it.

And as far as his gestures to the fans...the fans are the ones making him a bad guy...Since day one, they talk [expletive] about him, about his WWE past, say he is a joke, boo him, getting cut, etc. I would be BEYOND tired of that [expletive]...especially if I just kept proving myself right

Edited by X-Phylez

• Owner

Brock should never stand and fight anyone, just throw them to the ground and beat their faces in with hammer fists, and piss everyone off. People loved The Iceman, but all that idiot did was stand up and throw hooks, jabs and uppercuts until he dislocated your chin.

The whole point of MMA fighting is to use your arsenal. Most every fighter is either better on the ground, or better standing up. I don't see the problem.

As for Bisping, I loved that KO. I'm glad he went to sleep. Very fitting for someone who thought he was going to absolutely crush his opponent, and let us all know it for months.

People don't hate Brock because he throws people down and hammer fists them. Everyone hates him because he has no respect for anything.

After the fight during an interview with Joe Rogan, Lesnar flipped off the crowd in Las Vegas and encouraged them to boo him more in what many described as a promo right out of WWE. Lesnar also trashed Bud Light, one of UFC's top sponsors that paid an estimated $3 million for the fight, adding quote, "I’m drinking a cooler full of Coors Light, Coors Light because Bud Light won’t pay me anything."

Dana White added, "Straight WWE. Brock went so far over the top tonight I can’t even describe it. I don’t think in the history of the UFC we’ve ever done anything like that. With women in here you don't want to know what I said [to Brock after the fight.] What he's doing out there tonight is not real. You don't have to act like something you're not. This isn't the WWE. I don't ask these guys to act crazy so we get more pay per views. That's not the business I'm in. Brock hasn't made himself very loveable. They hate Brock."

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1247429140.php

brock as received nothing but negativity since he stepped in the cage. He has showed his dominance, and still gets bull[expletive]...I dont blame him one bit for his response to Mir, or the booing fans. He didnt act that way against Couture did he? No, because Courture didnt talk all that [expletive] before, like Mir and Herring did. Their attitude and comments are the reasons behind Lesnar's retaliation. And then everyone still wants to boo him after a clear dominate win...so he basically said "[expletive] you" to them...and I was too. [expletive] them, and I laugh at anyone that has a problem with it.

And to be totally 100% honest, I'm not a fan of when fighters talk [expletive] for months to eachother and then become best friends after the fight, it just seems silly. If you don't like a dude you kick his [expletive] and be done with it.

And as far as his gestures to the fans...the fans are the ones making him a bad guy...Since day one, they talk [expletive] about him, about his WWE past, say he is a joke, boo him, getting cut, etc. I would be BEYOND tired of that [expletive]...especially if I just kept proving myself right

That's all for hype. They do that to get the match hyped up so more people watch it.