GM3: Los Angeles (1) @ Boston (1)

Cobb

I have to agree with you my east coast friend. The way hes playing on a severely injured knee, what could he do on 2 knees? Hes at worst, a great defensive center who can block shots and guard multiple styles of attacks. Not to mention his offensive game is so polished that if you dont have someone to match up with him he will go to work on them, Perkins hasnt stood much of a chance in this series.

KEEP BYNUM! I will reiterate this if and when we win the series.

I don't like the Lakers, but I'll admit the sky is the limit for Bynum's potential, and I think he can be THE BEST center in the NBA, especially if Yao isn't the same.

He gets so many god damn rebounds!

I thought you guys were crossing your fingers for a Bynum for Bosh trade? Change your mind?

I will never doubt the talent he has, but the knees scares the [expletive] out of me and always has

• Owner

My expert analysis: everyone left their game in LA, with the exception of Kevin Garnett, Tony Allen, Glen Davis and Derek Fisher.

How that translates into a win for us, IN BOSTON, I have no idea.

Kobe played very good defense, shot poorly, crashed the board well...but Fisher was KING tonight.

On to Game 4.

EDIT: Cobb, thanks for making the game thread. It slipped my mind, completely. :(

• Owner

Doc Rivers was whining about Pierce not getting to play tonight, that the refs didn't let him play, and that's the reason for his poor shooting.

Didn't hear Rivers saying that about Kobe in Game 2. In fact, I believe Rivers stated that it was Boston's defense that hurt Bryant that game.

Also, Garnett is saying he can't speak about the out-of-bounds call (Kobe/Garnett) because of "the gag order" the players have placed on them. That's odd...because the replay showed the ball flicking off of KG's fingers, even clearer than Game 2's situation with him and Gasol. Didn't hear him talking about that, though.

Funny stuff.

Doc Rivers was whining about Pierce not getting to play tonight, that the refs didn't let him play, and that's the reason for his poor shooting.

Didn't hear Rivers saying that about Kobe in Game 2. In fact, I believe Rivers stated that it was Boston's defense that hurt Bryant that game.

Also, Garnett is saying he can't speak about the out-of-bounds call (Kobe/Garnett) because of "the gag order" the players have placed on them. That's odd...because the replay showed the ball flicking off of KG's fingers, even clearer than Game 2's situation with him and Gasol. Didn't hear him talking about that, though.

Funny stuff.

Was it funny stuff when Phil Jackson was basically saying the exact same things in regards to Kobe Bryant after Game 2? Or is it funny now because it was one of the Celtics key players that was in foul trouble and not the Lakers?

Seriously though, what do you expect them to say? They are saying what 99% of the league would say in the same situation. Obviously Rivers is going to try and plant a seed for his star player, just like Jackson did for Kobe after Game 2.

Garnett's comments are a little funny because of the fact that the replay clearly showed that the ball went off of him. However, it is the same situation. He is just planting a seed in hopes that a call will go his way in the next game. He sure as hell isn't the first player to do this and he sure as well won't be the last.

I just don't see what the big deal is with anything that they said. Its not like you didn't think that these things would be said after the game, especially with how much Jackson plays the officials before, during and after games.

• Like 3

• Owner

Was it funny stuff when Phil Jackson was basically saying the exact same things in regards to Kobe Bryant after Game 2? Or is it funny now because it was one of the Celtics key players that was in foul trouble and not the Lakers?

Seriously though, what do you expect them to say? They are saying what 99% of the league would say in the same situation. Obviously Rivers is going to try and plant a seed for his star player, just like Jackson did for Kobe after Game 2.

Garnett's comments are a little funny because of the fact that the replay clearly showed that the ball went off of him. However, it is the same situation. He is just planting a seed in hopes that a call will go his way in the next game. He sure as hell isn't the first player to do this and he sure as well won't be the last.

I just don't see what the big deal is with anything that they said. Its not like you didn't think that these things would be said after the game, especially with how much Jackson plays the officials before, during and after games.

Difference was that Bryant had three bad fouls called against him in Game 2, and Pierce's fouls were all legit in Game 3.

And if I hadn't said anything about Rivers and his comments, nobody would've. Phil Jackson? Most definitely something to talk about.

Maybe I should've created a topic about Rivers' comments, like most do for Jackson (stuff about Nash, for instance). But then again, yeah, it's just Doc Rivers...not that big of a deal.

Difference was that Bryant had three bad fouls called against him in Game 2, and Pierce's fouls were all legit in Game 3.

And if I hadn't said anything about Rivers and his comments, nobody would've. Phil Jackson? Most definitely something to talk about.

Maybe I should've created a topic about Rivers' comments, like most do for Jackson (stuff about Nash, for instance). But then again, yeah, it's just Doc Rivers...not that big of a deal.

Fair enough. I only caught the 2nd half of Game 3 and I think Pierce had already had 4 fouls when I started watching. The 5th one when him and Artest were battling for position in the post was questionable though, at least in my opinion, but that doesn't really matter.

You can't really expect a coach to do anything else in that situation though is basically what I was getting at. Whenever a team has one of its best players in foul trouble all game long in a critical game like a Finals game, the coach is going to lobby for more calls in said stars favour. Just planting the seed for the next game and every coach would've done it.

I could be looking at this from a different perspective though, considering I didn't see the first half and I don't really care who wins this series, so I'm not emotionally involved in this like somebody who's favourite team is playing wold be (it is only natural).

• Owner

Fair enough. I only caught the 2nd half of Game 3 and I think Pierce had already had 4 fouls when I started watching. The 5th one when him and Artest were battling for position in the post was questionable though, at least in my opinion, but that doesn't really matter.

You can't really expect a coach to do anything else in that situation though is basically what I was getting at. Whenever a team has one of its best players in foul trouble all game long in a critical game like a Finals game, the coach is going to lobby for more calls in said stars favour. Just planting the seed for the next game and every coach would've done it.

I could be looking at this from a different perspective though, considering I didn't see the first half and I don't really care who wins this series, so I'm not emotionally involved in this like somebody who's favourite team is playing wold be (it is only natural).

Well, I just came back from watching the Finals media day (where they talk to players before/during/after practice), and both Garnett and Pierce can't seem to stop talking about their limited minutes due to the fouls called on them. Garnett told the press it was the reason why he struggled in Game 2. When someone asked Pierce if Ron Artest was tougher than anyone else defending him, Pierce said no, and stated his struggles were all due to the fouls. Then, it was Garnett and Pierce both saying that Ray struggled in Game 1 because of the fouls (but I guess they forgot he shot 0-13 last night).

This is the stuff I don't like. You have Pierce saying they aren't coming back to Los Angeles, saying Artest isn't causing him any trouble at all, Garnett making excuses for his struggles and saying it's hard to play together when they can't play together, and Rivers just running his mouth to no end.

I know almost every non-NBA fan hates the Lakers, but we don't do this. Phil dogs the refs before every series, but we don't sit around talking about how we're going to win every game we play, how we really don't lose because the other team beat us, and that our struggles come because we don't get time on the court together.

• Owner

Doc Rivers just sent a tape to the league, showing the Lakers getting away with illegal screens.

You'd think I'm joking about this, but I'm not. Of all people... :lol:

I wonder if we should send that tape in that shows Kendrick Perkins admitting to getting away with his own illegal screens 80% of the time, or Garnett's multiple illegal screens he has been setting every three minutes of every game in a Celtics jersey.

Foul trou...I mean, oh wait...

I think Fisher was ignited after what Pierce said.

I didn't realize D. Fish had an on/off switch. You'd think he use it more often during the regular season. :lol:

Doc Rivers just sent a tape to the league, showing the Lakers getting away with illegal screens.

You'd think I'm joking about this, but I'm not. Of all people... :lol:

I wonder if we should send that tape in that shows Kendrick Perkins admitting to getting away with his own illegal screens 80% of the time, or Garnett's multiple illegal screens he has been setting every three minutes of every game in a Celtics jersey.

Ok, this I find funny. :lol: