Knicks talking Rudy Fernandez trade with Portland

Guest STL10

Guest STL10

An NBA executive told the New York Times that the Knicks and Blazers are discussing a trade for Rudy Fernandez.

The Knicks would most likely part with either Wilson Chandler or Toney Douglas in such a deal.

Another league executive said Fernandez is available but the Blazers are hoping to receive a draft pick in return. The Knicks currently do not have a first-round pick.--New York Times

Link

Guest STL10

In before the Knicks give away another 1st rounder.

Chandler for Fernandez would be a bad trade for the Knicks definitely especially since they have a lot of faith in Gallinari.

I HIGHLY disagree with that. Danilo plays the 4 in that offense, and Fernandez would be a 2 or 3. He would THRIVE in the 7 seconds or less offense. This to me is a STEAL for New York, and another reason Portland's GM should be fired.

You honestly think Kevin Pritchard (Blazers GM) should be fired? After getting rid of the Jail Blazer era, stealing Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge from Chicago and Minny, stealing Rudy from Phoenix, and nabbing Batum, who is one of the most underrated players in the league? He drafted Greg Oden (which I still don't regret at all and every team in the league would of drafted Oden instead of Durant).

It would be great for us to get rid of Rudy who just isn't the same player he once was, plus with the rumors going around that he'll bolt back to Europe, this would be a steal for Portland, not New York.

Please explain to me why you think Kevin Pritchard should be fired.

Guest STL10

You honestly think Kevin Pritchard (Blazers GM) should be fired? After getting rid of the Jail Blazer era, stealing Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge from Chicago and Minny, stealing Rudy from Phoenix, and nabbing Batum, who is one of the most underrated players in the league? He drafted Greg Oden (which I still don't regret at all and every team in the league would of drafted Oden instead of Durant).

It would be great for us to get rid of Rudy who just isn't the same player he once was, plus with the rumors going around that he'll bolt back to Europe, this would be a steal for Portland, not New York.

Please explain to me why you think Kevin Pritchard should be fired.

Oden over Durant should get anyone fired. I'm sorry it's the truth.

Oden over Durant should get anyone fired. I'm sorry it's the truth.

That's one of the stupidest things I've heard anyone say. Back during the 2007 draft, if you were the GM of any team and had the first pick, you would of taken Oden. Don't say you wouldn't have because you'd be a liar. You can't deny that and no one can.

Still, I think Oden was the right pick for the Blazers. He'll be one of the best defensive bigs in the league. Sure he wont score as much as we all thought he would have when he was in college, but he'll anchor our defense.

Guest STL10

That's one of the stupidest things I've heard anyone say. Back during the 2007 draft, if you were the GM of any team and had the first pick, you would of taken Oden. Don't say you wouldn't have because you'd be a liar. You can't deny that and no one can.

Still, I think Oden was the right pick for the Blazers. He'll be one of the best defensive bigs in the league. Sure he wont score as much as we all thought he would have when he was in college, but he'll anchor our defense.

LMAO Durant got 30ppg in the BIG XII. Oden barely held his own in the Big 10. I know you like Oden, but I told everyone they picked Sam Bowie and no one would listen. If you wanna good center trade your 1st round pick for a good one like Shaq who was available in 2005 for trade.

Guest STL10

So I would like to know your reasons for you thinking Pritchard (Blazers GM) needing to be fired.

1.He did nothing with the expiring Raef LaFrentz expiring contract 2 years ago, when it could have been really valuable to pick up another player to make a playoff run.

2.The Andre Miller free agent signing was also something that raised many questions.

3.Why would he bring in a player that doesn't fit the Blazers style of play at all?

4.Why would he trade away Steve Blake when Brandon Roy has publicly said that he prefers to play with him at the point?

5.Pritchard has never addressed the glaring issue at small forward, which could have been fixed by drafting Kevin Durant instead of Greg Oden. Batum is good, but what about Durant?

6.Joel Pryzbilla is a solid NBA Center. Why draft Oden?

A case could easily be made that Pritchard hasn't done much that has been beneficial for the team since the 2006 NBA Draft

1.He did nothing with the expiring Raef LaFrentz expiring contract 2 years ago, when it could have been really valuable to pick up another player to make a playoff run.

With the players he had, Roy, LaMarcus, Oden, Outlaw(at the time), Bayless, Batum, Webster. All young potential starts. They need to find a way to spread the money around. Why bring in another player where a player with that talent doesn't have the playing time to grow and develop.

2.The Andre Miller free agent signing was also something that raised many questions.

To bring in leadership and to help control the game past. With a good past in control game situations and a good defender which Blake was not. He also gave some vet leadership. At this point, they needed to spend the money. They had Turk but last minute he backed out and went to toronto.

3.Why would he bring in a player that doesn't fit the Blazers style of play at all?

see post above.

4.Why would he trade away Steve Blake when Brandon Roy has publicly said that he prefers to play with him at the point?

Blake is not even close to being the defender that Miller is. Sure they do lose in shooting %, but when Blake was shooting the ball well, they really did not have an outside shooter as Webster was injuried for the year.

5.Pritchard has never addressed the glaring issue at small forward, which could have been fixed by drafting Kevin Durant instead of Greg Oden. Batum is good, but what about Durant?

I'm not sure if you paid attention to that draft, but everyone knew it was going to go Oden then Durant. Durant is a great player, don't get me wrong. But you don't get the talent and size that Oden brings you. He was suppose to be the next Howard. Sadly injuries have killed him so far in his young career.

Why have a solid career when you can have the best.

A case could easily be made that Pritchard hasn't done much that has been beneficial for the team since the 2006 NBA Draft

1. Yeah, he didn't do anything with the contract, that warrants him to get fired. Good point.

2. The Andre Miller free agent signing should help Pritchard's case to keep his job since we were going after Turkoglu and with the way he's worked so well in Toronto. Miller has been a vital part for the Blazers (you would know that if you watched Blazer games, I watched 97% of them this season). He helped us so much when Roy was hurt, stepped up and became the team leader when Roy was hurt. LaMarcus didn't do that, he couldn't. Miller did. He's been one of the best free agent signings of the year.

3. See above. He fit in perfectly for us. He learned to play with Roy, Roy learned to play with him. He's one of the most underrated players in the league.

4. This is a business. Just because a player loves playing with his teammate doesn't make that player untouchable. He traded Blake and Outlaw for Marcus Camby, a center that we needed really bad with both Greg Oden and Joel Przybilla having season ending injuries. We were running 37 year old 6'9" veteran Juwan Howard and rookie 6'9" Jeff Pendergraph at center until we got Camby. Camby helped us tremendously (you would know if you watched any Blazer game at all). Pritchard addressed a need for the Blazers, used the depth that we had, and got us a valuable asset to beef up our defense.

5. At the time, we also needed a center too. Like I said, every team in the entire NBA would of taken Greg Oden over Kevin Durant back during the 2007 draft. Greg Oden still has so much potential left in him. He'll be a defensive monster when he becomes healthy.

6. Yeah, he's a damn solid center. Why not get a center who is younger, is more athletic, and has much much more potential. I do not regret us drafting Oden at all.